Is this the end of the PC era?

Is this the end of the PC era?

Attached: nice.jpg (412x231, 30K)

Somewhat.
Within 10 years most people will basically own terminals that will stream their desktop from some Google farm.

apple will not let that happen, because how else will they sell people $100k mac pros?

Attached: 1526180084171.png (1920x1080, 1.22M)

By giving people an even better screen

screens don't float y'know

Only for casuals. Sadly, they're the niggers that drive the market, so everything that we want to buy is gonna go up in price so that companies can keep their margins.

no, it isnt. It's just the beginning

not in a slightest. unless you're a zoomer

they don't drive shit, it's just pajeet retards that equate youtube clicks with device future, no serious computer professional does his job on a fucking telephone

>no serious computer professional does his job on a fucking telephone
No fucking shit faggot. The difference is that the employer absorbs the cost of Thinkpads/MacBooks/Latitudes/etc. That way, even if professional (aka, real and normal laptops/desktops like we have now) get more expensive, it won't affect the average braindead consumer who just needs a facebook machine.
The problem arises when people want to buy regular laptops, they'll be in short supply because companies will shift their focus to gay shit like tablets.

Basically, we will be buying from people who sell to business, or buying up used business stock.
Since that worked out pretty well with Thinkpads, this isn't necessarily a bad thing.

they won't you retard because somebody actually has to do the work or the world will break apart. the pcs and laptops are in comfy spot, it's pajeets like you that think it's the armagedon because you equate social networks stats with real world data.

Is this 2010?

This is about the primary computer for home consumers, not workstations or office desktops.
Or wannabe "workstations" in the case of macs.

you cant develope a software or manage networks with android so no

the raspberry pi 4 is the end of x86 desktops

Attached: 1538483127252.gif (450x492, 3.78M)

Doubt it. Even assuming cooling isn't an issue and the fastest chips available consume 5 watts, we will still be able to pack a fuckload more of them in a desktop than a phone. And the desktop and laptop formats make it feasible to do Actual Work, unlike a phone or a tablet. Retards won't buy them anymore, but people who care about performance and/or getting shit done absolutely will, and probably will for all time.

If not, there's always mainframes. Buy up old servers and stream shit within your home network. That's what I plan on doing if everything becomes gay Google-controlled thin terminal botnet.

if war starts its gonna slow things down a ton

Only for people who does not use one in the first place.

Intel cant even get their 10nm cpus working and competitors are already working on 3nm.

I thought the PC plateaued a while ago. If anything we're seeing the age of Laptops market share being taken over by people on purely phones and to a lesser-extent tablets. I think the crowd of Workstation, enthusiast, and gamers that still want a powerful, stable, cost-effective PC will remain fairly stable. Although I'm not so sure about gamers.

Well actually, when you put it that way, that does seem more realistic than it did when everyone was saying that 10 years ago. I'll probably be a late adapter (for my personal life, anyway) of that, though.

I say even though pretty much all of my major personal storage is primarily cloud-based now, with local copies merely cache-copies.

this thing is just kicking off
EPIC!

until someone designs an SBC with proper case options and I/O port placement that doesn't look like absolute cable spaghetti shit on a desk I will never own one let alone replace my primary desktop with one

plus fuck ARM locked down proprietary facebook toy shit