Raspberry Pi 4 is god-tier

Why the fuck does it have to be out now? They bamboozled us again by saying it will come 2020.

Attached: raspberry-pi-4-model-b-4gb-ram-4018837025703-abd.png (269x382, 143K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Dell-Optiplex-390-MT-Core-i5-2400-3-10GHz-4GB-RAM-250GB-HDD-DVD-RW/352694111043?hash=item521e350b43:g:6HIAAOSwNC5dB7wM
developer.arm.com/support/arm-security-updates/speculative-processor-vulnerability
lattepanda.com/products/1.html
youtube.com/watch?v=PCd3HtRfQ8k
youtube.com/watch?v=IQBE1oP_lRo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>MacPro
>Subscription
Yes goy of course I want to spend money, that is why I am looking into a Celeron

When are there going to be kits to make a laptop? Or atleast a case with cooling.

But can it run Crysis?

Probably never because it still sucks ass for a non-PINE-tier laptop.

>terminal programs
>runescape
>1080p videos
>music
>shit posting
>browsing

You don't need much power to properly compute most things are bloat these days

old thread

It needs cooling assembly mount holes and four pin fan power connector.

No it's

Feels like there will be RPi 4 hype for a few days.
Perhaps a general is in order?

you could integrate a fan into a case and it really doesn't need cooling assembly mount holes, just an adhesive heat sink will do.

I think we are already on it tbqh

How long before Noctua releases RPi cooler kits that cost more than the RPi?

>looking for x86 4year CPU for papa
>RPi thread
Kys

Reminder that there are no working GPU drivers for this thing (Videocore 6)
Reminder that the new cores are vulnerable to meltdown and spectre
Reminder that micro HDMI is cancer

Reminder: the raspberry pi has a community that the other shitty SBC companies don't and all the problems you state will have a solution to them

I made this thread you fuck

>Reminder that the new cores are vulnerable to meltdown and spectre
Who the absolute fuck cares?

Reminder:
I can run all that software on my desktop.

>gigabit ethernet
>4k/60hz output support
Wonder how well this will work running Steam Link to stream games at 4k. Most people seem to recommend the Nvidia Shield but don't wanna drop that kinda cash just to cast some vidya to my TV.

how come there aren't any 6+ port chargers that support 3 amps on each port? I don't want to have to go back to individual adapters.

> god-tier
> uses out of date cpu
> uses an underpowered gpu to -attempt- 4k via two monitors at once (at 30hz)
it's ok, an improvement over the old version, but fuck off. it's not god-tier by any stretch of the imagination. it's good. that's about it.

Never thought about that. That is something I want to see as well.

Also performance comparisons between 1GB, 2 and 4.

>Wonder how well this will work running Steam Link to stream games at 4k
yeah, i was wondering about that too.

The hype seems to be around the fact that this time its actually a lot more useful for stuff. I have mine on the way, going to turn it into a nas and usenet download server.

I wanna say it is 2 monitors both at 4k 60hz

Look up that early preview. Apparently it's unable to play YouTube 4k without stutter, nor local 4k over 30fps. Good luck with your console receiver.

Attached: 9e305b67ec259cec.jpg (640x475, 44K)

It does have a hardware H265 decode for 4k60p
It just has to be implemented

It's been out for like a fucking day dude, chill out and wait for actual driver support

>I wanna say it is 2 monitors both at 4k 60hz
sadly not. 2x 4k @ 30hz is best they can offer using this gpu. and you'd probably be lucky to get any decent framerates at that resolution. im sure it'd probably be alright if both monitors were set to some lower resolution but all the reviews i've read so far haven't explored that.

I think I'll finally bite the bullet on one of these, I don't really need a full fledge desktop and if Linux runs well enough and can drive at least one 4k monitor i'll be fine.

>Buy a car
>Can't change past the second gear
>"Don't worry it'll work in a month or so"
>Actually defending this
This is you

This is literally Tesla in a nutshell

You faggots actually feel for the 4k meme?

HAH.

>a resolution is a meme
I don't get how a resolution can be a meme
I guess at some point 800x600 was a meme, 720p was a meme, 1080p was a meme and so on

The bigger issue is that you could literally get something that curb stomps this thing running in a VM on most any desktop. Hard for me to justify one of these things when I realize that by the time I get an SD card, mircohdmi adapter, and case + cooler I'm looking at what I could just purchase a used T410 for with 8GB ram and 120GB SSD installed.

Pi's are cool, but lack of anything outside a home tinkering project makes these lack a serious punch

For TV? Yeah. My PC is 1440p/1440hz but some games cap out at 60hz and/or would simply rather play them on the TV at 4k hence my curiosity over whether the Pi 4 could handle the stream.

can't change past 2nd gear sounds like a hardware problem, which this is not.

And in all honesty that would be fine if it wasn't for the fact that right now I can go on Ebay, get a 50 dollar optiplex with a quad core, 4GB of ram and a HDD with at leas 250GB. plop any linux distro I want ontop of it, have it all work without any "coming into full support soon please be patient :)" bullshit and do whatever crap I want .

ebay.com/itm/Dell-Optiplex-390-MT-Core-i5-2400-3-10GHz-4GB-RAM-250GB-HDD-DVD-RW/352694111043?hash=item521e350b43:g:6HIAAOSwNC5dB7wM

Like fuck at least I can pop in more ram or a proper video card

>yeah b-but shipping
For a Pi I need to have a NAS or big USB/SD card for the fucker, limited on upgrades and need stupid adapters for the video out

>spectre
developer.arm.com/support/arm-security-updates/speculative-processor-vulnerability
everything is, who gives a shit

>A72 cores
Into the trash it goes

>Why should I use a RPi for desktop computing?

It's very compact and portable. Take it anywhere in your pocket

It's quite cheap, silent, low power usage.

Yes specs are not fantastic.
Upgrades are limited.
But it does work well enough for everyday (light) use and it has low overheads, uncomplicated and somewhat expendable.

It won't replace a desktop, but it can fill a specific niche very well.

Are you trying to sell this thing on 4channel? wtf

They would be perfect in a laptop kit

now if only it didn't totally shit the bed when trying to do anything even remotely intensive on the desktop. What the fuck happened to Maynard?

no, people don't seem to grasp that it has a ecological role, and isn't meant to displace e.g, home desktop computers

RPi 4 + USB 3.0 external drive or
ODroid HC2 + hard drive over SATA

for ghetto NAS and torrent box?

Can I watch upscaled videos using mpv with FSRCNNX on a 60" 4k tv?

I can probably run this thing on solar and shitpost even if the power is down.

>angry birds processor
When are we going to start seeing ~$50 X86-64 SBCs like the latte panda? Will zen 2 from AMD give us any hope?

lattepanda.com/products/1.html

Attached: Img02.gif (640x564, 48K)

The absolute mad lad
youtube.com/watch?v=PCd3HtRfQ8k

is the desktop all still software rendered on the shitty arm cores while most of the silicon remains dormant or can you actually use the full capabilities of the processor now?

holy shit

>chill out and wait for actual driver support
yeah i'm sure the pi foundation will get right on that just like they did with their 64bit version of Raspbian, oh wait

The Pi 4, more than any other model before, is currently being marketed in that role as a low cost desktop system.
Every model has had that sort of marketing, even if it's mostly kinda bullshit (the software runs, just not in any remote hurry), but the 4 has had the Pi Foundation outright going, "yeah, this one's actually something you can use as a desktop computer".

posting from a Pi 2

Does this finally play 10 bit video? Curse the anime fan"""subbing""" community for that annoying standard.

Did they fix the issue where GPIO video output could only work at integer divisors of 192kHz?
Tried using a Pi 3B+ for retro emulation on a real CRT, and it was fucking awful thanks to the fact you simply couldn't get accurate timings.
Nah fuck it, I'll just use an old Laptop.

Attached: 1576323443.jpg (600x600, 313K)

Reminder that most things you can verbatim copy from the Rpi community to other Pis and for the rest, they're Linux dev shit for a reason

I doubt it could even play h.264 1080p video in software period.

Because then you need to support 18+A on the 5v side of the transformer which means thick ass traces to prevent burning.
Or multiple transformers to supply two or three ports each.
Basically, costly to produce and basically dumb.

If you run 2x4k displays driven by this you, you got bigger cognitive issues friend.

I for one am very impressed with this driving a single 4k@60.

This is god tier carputer material.

so what's the max you can get with 3A per port?

Driving a display at 4k60 isn't actually difficult.
It's mostly just the port to framebuffer bandwidth.

Probably two for a reasonable price.
And then double the price for each extra port. Or make your own with a Chink PSU.

how come there's only like chinese brands? Is the official raspberry pi 4 one the best to get?

OSRS is still going to be a dumpster fire. You might get 10 fps in fixed mode on the rpi 4.

Fucked if I know.
Whether you even need 3A depends entirely on the peripherals you attach to it anyway.

>all these retards spending $50 on a pi to run $500 4K displays

Why? Am I being shilled?

unless it's an automatic

I'd rather get an Odroid N2. I'm not a poorfag.

Some dude got Saturn emulation to run. Only 30fps due to OpenGL rendering not working.

How? It reaches minimum requirements

That’s a desktop fuckwit, they were talking laptops.

It's already available in Germany.

Attached: 2019-06-26 12.03.12 www.conrad.de 9e73e9731051.png (2105x998, 647K)

Why can't it run windows 10?
I've managed to run it perfectly fine on way worse hardware.

Attached: ahegao.png (850x850, 536K)

Who says it can't?
youtube.com/watch?v=IQBE1oP_lRo

IT'S BEEN A DAY
YOU FUCKING MONGOLOID

based conrad.
Hope they put it in their hungarian store too.

>get a 50 dollar optiplex
What a fucking STUPID NIGGER.
You can can fit 50 rpi’s in the volume of an optiflex you smoothbrain.

>everything is
That only lists CPUs that are affected, for example a53 (the CPU used in RPI 3) isn't listed.

Tl;dr RPI 4 has more RAM and is vulnerable to spectre and meltdown (I just bought a rpi3 in auction)

How will the performance of windows 10 arm will run on rp4?it was ported to 3 though it barely booted up

Can someone explain to a retard like me what it means to have a hardware HEVC 4k60 decoder on board? Will this be able to handle a small Plex server?

It's just a proof of concept, nobody with half a braincell would ever use Windows 10 on ARM unironically.

Sometimes I feel conscious of how much energy my rig is sucking up, running off a raspberry pi is one way I might reduce that

>Raspberry Pi 4 is g--
Odroid, bitch.

There's no point in buying something that doesn't have third party support.

So what do you do with a pi other than retropie, pihole, or media center?

Some folks in the previous thread.
I should know better than to listen to Jow Forums without double checking.

see

>Raspberrytards finally get a board half as good as an orange pi

>Why should I use a RPi for desktop computing?
>It's very compact and portable.Take it anywhere in your pocket
I think desktop use means you will move it maybe 1 time per year.

>It's quite cheap, silent, low power usage.
This is the best point. If you need simple system just for browsing, shitposting and watching videos or your grandparents are asking you for a PC then RPi is a perfect fit.

>It won't replace a desktop, but it can fill a specific niche very well.
Also great point and also the reason some of the tech istes missed with their promo when they stated in the title that this is your new desktop computer.

>already available
Is that a two week wait on delivery I see?

Fuck off

Why is the board so much cleaner looking than 3's?

Attached: IMG_20190626_050054.jpg (1510x849, 308K)

>I buy inferior products because muh principles
The chad Odroid vs the virgin Pi

literally minmaxing

>a car cost $35
>a car can be easily upgraded with apt
that's how retarded you sound

>64bit on 1gb RAM
kys

The only problem I'd have with it is the limited ram, because minecraft sucks that shit up, especially when it's a modded server

I'd want to see the other side. It looks like they just needed to have most of the traces on the top so they couldn't have all those surface mount capacitors and things.