OpenBSD was right, say major Linux dev Greg Kroah-Hartman

APOLOGIZE NOW

Friendly reminder that OpenBSD did nothing wrong and everyone shat on it for "muh tinfoil disabling HT" only to do so a few months later.

Also friendly reminder that Linus comment about OpenBSD devs being masturbating monkeys has aged horribly.

twitter.com/JimStLeger/status/1143342666350022657

Attached: 34432322-12.png (1590x754, 883K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0oJ0vlzeJio
youtube.com/watch?v=CJu3kmY-f5o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Attached: 34432322-13.png (1091x719, 558K)

Based.

If only it had a filesystem other than UFS, then I'd actually use it.

It does, though... ReiserFS

Why did you feel the need to post this outside of your containment thread?

Can you use it as your root filesystem?

Also this, OpenBSD here shills are annoying as hell, opposite to the OpenBSD devs, they seem to all be mentally retarded.

Same reason why Linus felt the need to make such humiliating statements.

Attached: loudmotuh_linux.png (2900x1600, 1.74M)

Daily reminder that EulerOS and Inspur K-UX are more POSIX compliant than any BSDistro.

BSDumbasses btfo.

OpenBSD REALLY needs a good FS and TRIM support.

Unless you need advanced features, FFS + soft updates is all you'll need.

NOOO Greg we were supposed to bros!!!111!!1

Attached: 015.png (434x327, 55K)

I do need advanced features and data integrity protection, though. UFS/FFS is the one reason I don't use OpenBSD.

It's even worse. OpenBSD still uses Berkeley Fast File System.
Meanwhile:
youtube.com/watch?v=0oJ0vlzeJio
youtube.com/watch?v=CJu3kmY-f5o

Nice, gimme an iso link!

Well then you might have to wait until the HAMMER2 standard gets finished so that the OpenBSD devs implement it.

Linus successor is less retarded than the chief penguin

Those are meme forks of RHEL that paid money to get a meme certificate, just use RHEL directly instead of paying money to whatever stupid product gets shilled on Jow Forums.

today marks the day g switches to openbsd

This. Even Linux kernel developers admitted it at this point.

APOLOGIZE

Attached: IMG_20190424_153708.jpg (3264x2448, 1.2M)

>Murderfs

Thankfully I switched to OpenBSD thanks to Jow Forums and I was protected before the MDS crap happened. Based puffy.

Yes, but he seems weak and not autistic enough. He would bebe the knee to the SJWs really fast, way faster than Lincucks.

>bebe
bend

What's the difference? Linus accepted the SJWs too.

>Jow Forums descends to discussing meta politics to compare operating systems because they don't understand operating systems
sasuga

Are you actually trying to shill some chink Red Hat forks because they have a scam certification?
The absolute state of this board.
This is why Linux should've never been popular, popularity invited all sorts of retards into our Linux ecosystem.

I always knew that the quality of this board gets degraded every summer, but I never imagined that we'd reach a level of retardation where people think that these are valid talking points.

From Linus Tech Tips making videos about Linux, to Reddit having multiple subreddits about Jow Forums, to schools releasing their idiots on summer, I think this is the beginning of the end of Jow Forums.

Installing OpenBSD in vmware fusion took all of 3 minutes.

The bad news is it's a decroded piece of crap

also, is puffy the blowfish meant to be a tranny?

Going to switch to OpenBSD on my other machine soon.

You need to go back.

>Linus 2008: Masturbating monkeys!
>Greg 2019: Huge respect!
First they ignore you
Then they laugh at you
Then they fight you
Then you win

It has some killer features

Linus is a nigger!

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 20K)

Has anyone got links to the talk? I want to see it

you know you can do that by modifying the kernel command line, right? linux gives you the choice...

>Getting trolled so easily
You guys really are retarded. I wouldn't expect less from BSDumbasses

>I was only pretending to be retarded

>Makes a stupid comment
>Gets made fun of by Linux users
>n-no g-guys i'm jj-just trolling, your just disguised b-bsdfags

>Samefagging
>Still thinking you're not retarded for responding to obvious trolls
See

Of course he's the same person because it's the same comment, are you actually retarded?

>Samefag calling others retarded for noticing he's the samefag
You seem upset.

>links the same comment twice
>calls other people retarded for noticing that he's a retard
You seem upset.

>Thinking I'm upset that you're upset
Not at all. I'm actually quite entertained by your display of emotion in a Chukchi bone carving forum.

Does anyone have a link for the presentation?

Of course not; all BSD shills rely on emotionally-driven opinions passed as fact, to cope with not one, but two Linux distros being more POSIX compliant than BSD ever will be.

And to BSD shills, that's a kick in the nards.

I love faggots like you who strawman. OpenBSD is not a competing product. It is a research operating system maintained by its own users. The OpenBSD project is not trying to market a product or get more users.

>The OpenBSD project is not trying to market a product or get more users.
That's reserved for its distant relative, macOS. And yet, bastardizing BSD with NeXTstep made macOS more POSIX compliant than BSD.

>No no no I wasn't being a retard I was just trolling them BSDumbasses
Sure thing buddy, even as a person who doesn't like *BSD I find you pathetic
You need to go back

The talk was a few hours ago, have patience

>Seething
Have sex instead of seething online. It'd do you the world of good.

The OpenBSD shill is a pitiful man who knows absolutely nothing about technology and will try to hide this fact through any means possible. If you attempt to engage one in a serious discussion about flaws of the OpenBSD environment; for example, the lack of ports auditing, the lack of support for a journaling filesystem, SSD trim, filesystem encryption (all things the other BSDs and Linuxes have had for years; all very basic security functionalities), they will cower away and attempt to mask their technological ignorance behind meta-politics or codes-of-conducts, for the simple fact that these are all their feeble smooth brains can understand. They typically come straight from r*ddit or Jow Forums, sometimes as Terry Davis shills who started browsing Jow Forums during the election, and sometimes as Linux users who failed to install Gentoo or Arch who sought embrace and individualism in an operating system they assumed nobody else used. (this goes back to my first point; never believe for one second that an OpenBSD user on Jow Forums understands or cares in any way about the code running his operating system). OpenBSD is, of course, designed to work out of the box - it ships with Xenocara and has relatively sane install defaults so that any user can spam enter and get a working desktop environment.

I have been lurking these threads for a while now in search of serious discussion, and have not encountered a single OpenBSD user who understands more about the operating system they use than the average Ubuntu or Windows user. Don't fall for it. There are great use cases for OpenBSD, but don't think for one second that anyone who posts in these threads knows what they are.

being posix complaint is not something the project is super concerned with man, they're busy doing other stuff. again, openbsd isn't trying to market a product to anyone. its only really used by its own devs, some system admins, and hobbyists like the fags on this board.

Oh OK, I will wait.

>being posix complaint is not something the project is super concerned with man
Only the retarded BSD shills are... Which is most of the BSD shills who frequent Jow Forums

>OpenBSD is not a competing product.
sure, but Jow Forums anons sure seem to make it sound that way. So if we're having an operating system dick-measuring contest on a lithuanian arts and crafts forum, which is what tends to be the case, then my point still stands that OpenBSD is quite lacking in terms of filesystem stability and feature advancements.

openbsd talk has been relegated to a containment thread, that gets trolled and flamed endlessly by niggers just like you. no, it is really the opposite case that you are having the dick measuring contest by yourself while a few people want to share openbsd and tinker with it.

>emotionally-driven
>makes troll threads
>starts making a fuss in every BSD thread about whatever subject he thinks about that day (POSIX, TRIM, FFS), then claims that he's a troll, then starts crying about people who point out how retarded he is
>Oh no, the BSD fags are the emotionally-driven ones here
I've never seen someone embarrass himself this much before.

>openbsd talk has been relegated to a containment thread
yes, and you're in it

Oh my god guys stop, I'm almost feeling pity for this troll

>Sperging out over his annoyance with an online stranger
I've never seen someone embarrass himself this much before either

This, they claim that the BSD guys are the annoying ones yet they endlessly spam their threads, thankfully the BSD guys are keeping being professional.

Based as fuck, makes me happy to see.

Seethe harder, the entire Jow Forums started laughing at you in this thread and you just keep going.

>troll
>singular
Trust me; there's more than one up here who wants to troll your containment thread to oblivion like that one guy did to the Haiku containment thread.

Cope

Isn't that the same claim you made in a previous thread and someone pointed it out in yesterday's /obsd/ thread? Oh yeah surely you're not a single troll.
Stay made, everyone is laughing at you right now and you can do nothing about it. You're out of moves.

can you give me any good reasons to give a fuck about posix compliance? shits fucking irrelevant.

No

Attached: 4343342222.png (1050x435, 43K)

I can prove it to you with screen caps, if you can quote all the troll posts that are supposedly mine. I'm only the POSIX guy, not the filesystemfag

Imagine having no life to the point that you want to troll everyone who discusses their hobbies, you're so pathetic and jealous because those people have actual hobbies.
Oh yeah really believable shit talk from a troll, really believable especially since you're a moron that uses the same talking points and writing style in every reply you make. Just face it, every one knows about you.

>Wall of text instead of a better comeback for "cope"
>Getting offended over facts and proofs
Yup! You sure are retarded. Stereotypical BSDfag, always relying on emotional opinion instead of scientific facts like Linux distros being more POSIX than BSD.

You got so pathetic you're now contradicting yourself, didn't you claim earlier that the whole POSIX thing is a trolling attempt?
You're the emotionally involved one here and you're cornered by everyone on Jow Forums, even Linux users have been laughing at you eariler.

dilate.

>didn't you claim earlier that the whole POSIX thing is a trolling attempt?
Not at all. As a matter of fact, I didn't need to try, to annoy your emotionally immature ego by stating actual facts that you're too dumb to look up.

>Still thinking it's only one person
You're only feeding us with your visible sperging over facts.

Attached: More_than_one_(((troll))).png (361x327, 6K)

He didn't link to you only, he linked to people responding to you as well. If you have the balls screenshot the entire thread and let's see.

>This trolled the BSDumbass to oblivion
Only idiots get trolled over facts and evidence.

Pic related

Attached: 382.jpg (403x394, 34K)

Lmao the (You)s literally point to one comment where you admitted that POSIX thing is trolling, yet here you are,
Saying that you aren't
You just busted yourself you dumbfuck.

>Still calling it trolling
It's only trolling to you because you don't like the fact that people can prove you wrong. Suck it up and find a legit reason to report me, instead of whining about it.

It's the third one before the end () and it literally points to you being a troll. You're the dumbest troll I've ever seen.

The punch line is that the thin-armed-man inexplicably wins.

Who said I was even trying? The fact that you fell for a dumb troll is even sadder.

Hahaha oh my god I just came here to watch the troll get BTFO'd in every comment here.

>Samefagging
cope

This user is morbidly obese.

>Still samefagging
>Not letting a troll thread die
>Not knowing how responding to trolls feeds them
Sure is summer here.

This user is also morbidly obese.

Cuck license.

>He prefers the Creative Commons license

Don't assume my gender.

Attached: Coraline_Ada_Ehmke.jpg (360x640, 31K)

That would explain why a male would prefer CC licenses.

Fascist BSD-users will congregate underneath the shadow of my feminine CoC(k).

>Implying BSD users would use a 20-page license where 3 paragraphs would do
I think the BSDumbasses would force you into self-castration to transition.

BSD has no drivers.

Nor does Linux have nVidia drivers.

Pfsense firewall (:

guys i'm so pissed i'm used to freebsd because i've been using it for over a few years now (at work) but the cuck stuff is getting to me