After testing roughly 10 monitors of all three common panel types I came to the conclusion that 24" TN is superior for...

After testing roughly 10 monitors of all three common panel types I came to the conclusion that 24" TN is superior for gaming.
I liked the inky VA blacks and the vivid IPS colors, but the motions look vastly superior on TN and that's what matters at 144Hz.
So tl;dr TN primary for vidya and an IPS secondary screen is where it's at.
Bye.

Attached: 3PvgwRd.jpg (3264x2448, 775K)

how the fuck are u going to say "inky blacks" when referring to a flat screen. get a crt dumbass.

This is a technology discussion you brainlet.

>GAYMING MONITORS ARE TECHNOLOGY!
>MUH GAYMES!

Attached: 1544380754900.png (457x500, 60K)

>not having an ultra wide monitor
Never gonna make it

>doesnt read about panel tech, independent reviews, non brainlet user feedback of ppl using this tech
>tests 10 panels
>comes up with same conclusion already out there and widely accepted by non brainlets
wow.
now upgrade to 240hz fren

Attached: 1282366764398.jpg (248x252, 11K)

Nah 24" 1440p@144Hz is supreme

>Not playing your video games on a 128" plasma TV screen

that's a tiny ass ppi why would u need to go below 27" for 1440p? thats already smaller than normal
not many panels @ 24" 1440p 144hz

>wants more motion clarity
>doesnt want 240hz
shiggy

>REEEE STOP USING TECHNOLOGY IN WAYS I DON'T LIKE REEEE
>Invariably posts in desktop threads and thinks ricing his terminal is the height of computer science
Why are you like this

Attached: 1533687088566.jpg (267x140, 36K)

Bigger than 24inch is hell. I fucking hated having two 27 inch monitors at work, darting my eyes over 3 feet from left to right, never being able to take in a full screen of information at once.
OP is probably right but if speed is all that matters and he's obviously a poorfag trying to find joy in a moderately costly hobby: he hasn't tried any very special VA/IPS. Great IPS and great VA are releasing this year.
For his /v/ usecase he's likely correct.

24" is too small.

But good 24inch monitors will never exist because the size will never be popular and 1440p at that dimension is PPI overkill/wasteful (You'd need a fucking microscope and you'd have to turn text size up to not develop eyestrain and gamer hunch).

dual 24inch maybe good for productivity

Desktop scaling 125%, done.
In games however 1440p is a blessing. While many games look fine in 1080p there are a few that look like fucking 720p because of no proper AA. Hunt showdown and destiny 2 for example.
Needless to say, there's no 1440p@240Hz display and also no gpu that can handle it.

LG would like to have a word...

They're going to release monitors with a 1ms IPS next month.

good luck gambling for a decent one

They are unlike your autistic shitposting

>Desktop scaling 125%, done.
might aswell just get a 27" thats more readable. and then u have scaling issues too for no reason

>there's no 1440p@240Hz display
auo makes those panels already that lenovo is coming out with it

Get 27 inch 1440/144hz ips monitor, turn on lightboost or whatever manufacturer calls it. Voila, you have okish resolution, okish input lag, good colors and okish motion resolution. Only thing you lose is gsync/freesync, which is not a problem if you have gpu that pushes more than 100fps in game you play and you still have to gamble for good panel without much defects, so pick a good shop that will allow you to send monitor back.
TN is shit unless you are gaming competitively, then these 240hz monitors are best, VA is just bad for high refresh monitors, pixel response is bad and it shows. If you want the best stuff, prepare your wallet for oled, but I agree that using multiple different screens for specific content is best way if you can afford it.

>actually using Nvidia© Lagboost™

>videogames

starting to think I'm too old for this board

how about pulling your head out of your ass and using brain for a change user? I specifically said "or whatever manufacturer calls it", blur reduction, dyac, ulmb... which allows you to choose monitor that manages to run it with about as much additional input lag as gsync causes, it is not my problem you didnt do your research and bought shit monitor user

hardcore pc gaming ~24" 1080p tn @ 240hz+
muh pq and cinematic experience: 55inch+ 4k oled @ 120hz w/ hdmi 2.1 gpus & vrr

these are and will be the defacto standards for years to come tbqh. anything inbetween is not pushing the limits and is settling for medium of anything

Ok so you don't know what you're talking about. Gotcha.

dilate.