BusyBox

How can this thing be so based? It is almost an entire Linux distro fit into a 2MB executable file.

It has all the core utilities, additional apps like wget and bc, two text editors (ed and vi), an init system, and it even has the debian package manager on it (yes, really).

You can literally have an entire operating system if you combine it with a C library and a kernel. It's fucking amazing.

Attached: busybox.png (164x116, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/File_Picker_meme
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Great for embedded installs

>based
it still doesn't support thumbnails

Its size really depends on what applets you compiled it with.

What the fuck are you talking about

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/File_Picker_meme

Do you know who wrote it?

Because people on Jow Forums are doing embedded installs

I know what that means lol

What I mean is how something can lack a filepicker thumbnail if it does nit even have a graphical interface

FIFTEEN YEARS

>linux distro
>2MB
You don't know what a distribution is, nor what Linux is nor what a kernel is, nor what anything is, except for your meme knowledge that you parrot to appear smart to other retards.

Imagine being this retarded

>systemd does everything, it's bad
>busybox does everything, it's good
what did Jow Forums mean by this?

i'd rather not

Attached: 2019-06-27-001850_1037x645_scrot.png (1037x645, 123K)

What the fuck did he mean by this

Define "does everything". Systemd is a monolithic beast with more lines of code than the fucking kernel. Busybox is a set of dozens of amazingly small utilities. They are compiled in a single binary, but does that not mean they are bloated; in fact, all the utilities share the same binary in order to need less code and less memory. It's the opposite of bloat.

Just think about this. What's the difference between having twenty independent command-line utilities and twenty utilities in a single file? Nothing. They even work like if they were separate programs.

How hasn't the cognitive dissonance killed you yet?

Not him, but busybox is just a bunch of object files that are linked together to save space by not repeating the ELF header. He isn't wrong.

i hack embedded systems
and cars too

he is bragging about using busybox on his router or something
its pretty autistic but hey, its Jow Forums tradition to be hostile and autistic