Webdev career advice

23M here.

Should i stay in this field if i hate sitting down for hours straight and have lower back pain?

I've been working as a web developer for the past 8 months, but the way i work is making me lose interest in the IT field in general. Every single day i have to spend hours sitting down with lower back pain. Of course i can just get up any time i want and do something, but trust me, i try doing that every once in a while and it doesn't help shit! I spend half of my lunch break eating and the other half (30 mins) standing up, but once i go back to work it feels just like before. The chair i work with isn't even a bad one, it's a pretty good chair actually.

The point is that, i love what i do, i started learning javascript when i was 14, just by hobby, but i hate sitting down for too long and not going outside.

Attached: 1538834528983.jpg (1170x900, 101K)

That is why standing desks were invented

exercise. even if you're not fat.

get one of these

Attached: 71AXinQG5GL._SY450_.jpg (338x450, 13K)

Starting Strength + GOMAD

Exercise is only for non fat people. If you're fat you could seriously injur your joints if you are doing sports.

Taking regular breaks, stretching, or just standing up is good for you
It increases blood flow but doesent do much for the underlying problem
While spending so much time sitting down all of your support muscles become weak and cant keep your spine in a proper position which leads to back pain
Getting Jow Forums is the ultimate redpill for back pain

You can start by watching some AthleanX videos on posture and remember to do your exercises at least 5 times per week

I'm not fat, i have the "emo band member" body type (skinny with barely no muscles).

I already exercise a little, i jump rope on the weekends, but i don't have an exercise routine, i'll try getting one then. I will try to exercise every day even if it's just for like 30 min.

thanks for the advice.

If you're too weak to sit still for 4 hours you need to train your back. Deadlifts and rows will help build your lumbar spine and spinal erectors, even standing gets much easier with a stronger back.

>tfw 25 and just now learning webdev
>wasted my early youth dicking around with no goals

Dude if your skinny you just need to do a real sport that motivates you and eat healthy.
For example even playing basketball could stimuli considerable muscle grow if you're a walking skeleton, especially if you eat ~120g protein a day.

Having a regular sport with an goal (like winning) is more motivational that pure exercises, most people don't have the willpower to do boring exercises every day, but playing sports with friends/in a team is a completely different story.

Same

Bro yes start exercising , even just running 30 min three times a week or something but more importantly, stretch, lower back pain, youtube various GLUTE stretches, stretch your glutes a LOT, like every day and you will feel a thousand times better , sitting down all the time = tight glutes, = tight hammys, = fucked lower back pain , trust me!! do this!! it will change your life.

running regularly has helped my back pain go away

same here

got the same problem but I'm a smoker and take a break every 1.5 hours so I don't feel it that much
my health is a fucking mess kek

>didn't waste time and learned shit
>still a failure because of social aspects

I'm unemployed and I'd kill to be in your position
The grass is greener

web dev is the most brainlet tier branch of CS you didn't miss much and will learn it quickly

i would recommend getting into weightlifting, deadlifting does wonder for back health if u do it with good form

Same here. I work in a warehouse with backpain. About to start physical therapy.