/spg/ - Smartphone General

Lenovo Z6 Youth edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget, and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: lenovo z6 youth.jpg (1000x581, 105K)

Other urls found in this thread:

refurbed.de/p/xiaomi-mi-a2/4338/#sec-product
twitter.com/AnonBabble

thoughts on oppo reno 10x zoom? thinking about buying it to replace my mate 10 pro

Based Xiaomi making this design actually beautiful.

Attached: midoesitright.png (1140x586, 971K)

Looks like a poor man’s zen phone

Attached: poop sisters.png (1049x526, 70K)

give me a good case for the redmi note 7 with a belt clip

Can get a note 9 for 600 euros.

Should I do it? I'm in desperate need of a new phone.

this is some pajeets mockup unfortunately. The device itself should be announced soon.

Attached: Capture.png (483x407, 277K)

rn7 has such poor case options :[ i still love mine though.

Will we ever have a phone again without round corners or a notch, bros?

Recommend me a phone, fellow incels. I'm in burgerland and my carrier is Verizon. I want a pretty big phone because I'm not a handlet and my budget is like $500.

Attached: 1534525464547.png (613x346, 240K)

>Round corners
No
>Notch
Yes

Does anyone here use KISS Launcher? How to default it to a list of all apps?

So is the Redmi line actually better value? Because the regular Xiaomi phones seem fantastic value already. Maybe they are the same relative value but different price points?

reminder that iPhones are the only way to escape jewgle

what's a good dpi/resolution to switch my redmeme 7 to?

If you absolutely want the stylus, yes. I'd consider other phones such as the S10/+/e, the OnePlus 7 and cheaper Xiaomi phones.
Galaxy A70
if you can get a chinkphone, Mi 9T
they're all good value, just different price points as you said.

If you're looking for an outstanding midrange that isn't chink shit check out the Galaxy A70. Great device
>Great display
>128g storage+ SD up to 500gb
>dual sim
>headphone jack

Attached: 20190627_084737.jpg (1017x995, 565K)

thats like denouncing judaism and leaving israel to move to saudi arabia

Yah some of the Chinese companies are already teasing under display cameras

None of those are 600€ or cheaper ( not buying chinese phones anymore after my Huawei dying after 4 months)

i dont think rounded screens are going anywhere though considering it allows them to quite literally cut corners and not have anybody call them out on it

where are you from?
on amazon.de you can get an S10e for 530€

Belgium,

Is the standard S10E better than a note9?

>Is the standard S10E better than a note9?
not better, they're completely different
take the S10e if you want a compact phone, take the Note 9 if you want a big phone

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-27 Samsung Galaxy S10e vs Samsung Galaxy Note 9 - Visual phone size compare.png (860x678, 693K)

I heard that the european version of the s10e is worse than the US one

yes

Mostly going to use the phone for work related stuff (phonecalls, writing emails, google spreadsheets, etc...)

Note 9 seems better for this don't you agree?

yes a large screen is nice for that

What's the complaint with rounded corners?

Thanks!

It costs 400 euros in my country so no.

Huawei Y9 Prime : Not sure if great or shit
++ €220, rear fingerprint, SD card slot, 3.5mm, USB-C, motorised selfie (not a notch but who cares), 4000mAh, bluetooth 5
-- huawei with huawei processors (fuck), weak cameras (who cares), IPS screen (thick, power hungry, no darks), no NFC, shit shell colours, probably terrible anternna efficiency/reception compared to good snapdragon phones, no -official- GALILEO support, perhaps patchable AptX, 4GB RAM, definitely not UFS storage

Attached: huawei-y9-prime-2019-1.jpg (438x750, 55K)

++ an actually flat display panel and without a notch, thank fuck.
hm the main cam is the same res as the rear cam

Do not buy Huawei.

I have a P20 lite and whenever I use 4G and anything else the phone overheats and shuts down.

Looking in the market for a phone that costs between 300-400€, preferably with a 3.5mm headphone jack

Attached: Screenshot_20190627-152327_Clover.jpg (1080x2150, 927K)

bump

>needing to draw each letter multiple times just so it's readable
yikes

Attached: Screenshot_20190627-154821_Clover.jpg (1080x301, 93K)

this makes me want the note 9 even more.

which one do you have and do you recommend it?

Reminder that side-fingerprint readers are the best location for it

Rear fingerprint reader
>can't use it to open phone while it's laying flat on your desk
In-display fingerprint reader
>finicky and doesn't work as reliably
Front mounted fingerprint reader
>requires huge bezel

Attached: 1533670474703.jpg (759x847, 110K)

Should I move from my s8 plus to a mi9t? I care about camera and battery life and am wondering if it's worth it or just run my s8 plus into the ground, the screen is so biggie as I use the lower resolution to save on this dying battery but I can still get a day of pretty heavy use out of it

WHERE IS THE FUCKING ZENFONE 6 US RELEASE DATE.

I NEED A PHONE WITH THE GOAT SPECS/BATTERY THAT ACTUALLY SUPPORTS MY BANDS FOR CHEAP

Attached: 1523730843723.png (425x686, 387K)

Mi 9T

YOU'RE NEVER GOING TO GET IT YOU FUCKING FAT AMERITARD PIECE OF SHIT
FUCK YOU AND YOUR JOKE OF A COUNTRY

mid-late-mid July

>he says, as he's cooking in his non-conditioned apartment, having to open the windows and listen to the clatter of 4-cylinder diesels

When will the Mi A3 launch?

note 9, and its an easy recommendation.
No punchholes. Screen almost takes the whole front anyway with all the sensors sitting on top. Stereo speakers are great. Still has headphone jack. Display is perfect. Build quality superb. Two back cameras more than enough without bullshit memes. Sammy added night mode camera with an update just few weeks ago. Pen works great too as a remote to play/pause etc.

Awesome

I may live in asia but at least my country isn't shitty enough that I have to spend the rest of my life paying back student loans

Yes, a portion of us making idiotic financial decisions is of course inferior to third world infrastructure and governance

requesting phone recommendation:
>germany
>any carrier possible, preferably o2
>everything hinges on my budget and I have no more than 100€ (student, poorfag)

imagine if he lived in Singapore and you called him third worlder

throw in extra 30, and get a redmi 7 from aliexpress (hoping you will not have to pay import duties)

Recommend me a phone u fags
>SD 855
>SD slot
As long as it doesn't above $1,000 it's good. My SD810 device is crapping out

Fuck.

Galaxy 10/10+/10e
Zenfone 6

Galaxy S10 for $600.

Yes? No?

Add 50€ and get the Mi A2
Don't do this, the Redmi 7 is shit
Mi 9T, Zenfone 6

how do I avoid all that shit.
I can pay 130€ once, but so much and more in a month?
That'll be difficult for now

Alter wie kann man seine Finanzen so schlecht im Griff haben?

refurbed.de/p/xiaomi-mi-a2/4338/#sec-product
seems to be cool enough for me. when I get paid

lebe derzeit auf 450€ und hatte einen unfall.
Ich habe einen finanzkissen, möchte aber lieber darauf verzichten

>living with 450 euros
Thats rough

Is it worth it to trip up KNOX?

Just got a brand new S10e off Craigslist for $400. Living the life, bros.
>Pixel 3a BTFO

Sounds almost great but it's designed specifically for dumb Chinese thotts to take selfies. A damn shame as it comes in white, probably won't have much of a notch, and uses the newest WiFi6 capably snapdragon 730. Still, they likely cut corners on everything else such as UFS, NFC, a decent antenna, decent speakers, the cameras kinda look like OIS but I highly doubt it, panel glass, and the ASUS Z6 has a durable camera mech but theirs is probably shit - to name only a few shortcomings.
Also fuck Xiaomi and their spyware adware anyway.

REQUEST ADVICE

>Germany
>Telekom
>Features: Decent camera, battery that runs for a day. Won't be playing vidya on there.
>Budget :400/550 euros
>Size: Not too huge. Size of my OP3 was fine.

Looked into the 3a XL, s10e already

Thanks in advance anons

Meizu 16Xs
£250, good if UFS, comes in white shell, 3.5mm, 675 (would prefer 730 for WiFi 6), new gen fingerprint (would vastly prefer rear mounted), flat OLED (would prefer Super AMOLED)
EIS not OIS, bad if eMMC, no SD card slot
Sigh, almost worthy of a purchase.

Attached: meizu-16xs-2.jpg (670x570, 54K)

Li-Po 4000 mAh is good

Battery is ok and charging time insane.
If that's the only thing that worries you, go fucking ahead!

Attached: IMG_20190624_114433.jpg (757x1280, 97K)

Mi 9T

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-27 OnePlus 3 vs Xiaomi Mi 9T - Visual phone size compare.png (860x660, 808K)

i have been using a s7 edge for the last 3 years. i loved it but it is kind of getting old. should i
- get a pixel 3 (or pixel 3a)
- get a s10e or s10
- just stick with the s7?
(- or look into a different phone?)

i want a nice screen, great battery and camera and that's basically it. thaanks!!

stick with it until it gets unusable
save the money instead

what do you guys think about the oneplus 7 (not the pro version)? is it good or does it have some major flaws that one needs to know about? how is the camera? the screen? battery life? thanks!!!

>USA
>Metro
>Just want to play my rhythm games at max settings to see my cute girls dancing and singing in Highres
>$500-$600
>doesn't matter what size

Attached: DrHTf9mUwAAU47P.jpg (1200x675, 104K)

good phone
>is it good or does it have some major flaws that one needs to know about?
not really
>how is the camera? the screen? battery life?
all good, not the best, but up there
if you want a powerful almost-flagship with nice clean software it's a good choice
Mi 9T or Zenfone 6

I need advice:

I want to purposely brick my Nokia 6.1, so that I can send it back to Amazon Repair.
They should not be able to fix it, and I can get a refund.
So it needs to be a unrecoverable "hard brick", if that exists.

Any ideas?

Is the Samsung S10 line's UI still fucked?

You can get an LG Stylo 4 Plus for like $180 out the door in any metro store. It runs Pubg just fine so it can handle your gay ass rythem games.

You keep promoting this shitty phone every thread. Post pictures of yours.

in a lot of reviews the s10 and s10e's battery life gets trashed? is it really that bad or has it even been fixed? would like to hear of s10 and s10e owners

pixel 3a or mi 9 my dudes
they're both about the same here

When does the Zenphone come out?

How do I take a picture of my phone with my phone? Anyway I havent been on Jow Forums for a long time ao Im not the shill guy. My phone prior to this one was a Galaxy S7 Prime. The only worthless thing about this phone is the stylus itself. Everything else is decent to good and it runs everything.

everyone will say mi 9 but im leaning towards the 3a. might get one tmmrw

how so?

camera, no ugly finger prints on the back, looks better but that's just my opinion. Objectively the mi 9 is better i guess.

No, all custom ROMs for the Galaxy S series past the S7 are unstable or abandoned. Not worth it. Something might happen with the A70 though, because it's a global Snapdragon Samsung phone.

pixel 3a at £399 or pixel 3 £550?

Questions RE: Pixel 3a - how do the stereo speakers sound compared to 3? 3a has 1 forward facing and 1 downward facing so I assume this has a negative impact compared to 3?

Picture quality and processing time compared to 3 - Picture quality is a tad lower than 3? And processing time is longer too?

Is it worth forking the extra £150~ for the Pixel 3 compared to 3a?

What colour would you go for too? Black or White? I tend to go for black, but try and chance my mind. (I can only find the 3 in White at the moment).

They don't call it Singapoor for nothing.

How does that work? Brand new phones for so cheap?

Holy shit, just get a OnePlus

Tyrone steals them & passes the savings onto you.

Phone size is too large for my liking

my s9 is getting more and more damaged by the day so i'm going to have to get something new eventually
should I just get an s8 plus for £250?

no? oneUI is one of the best android skins out there right now, has better gestures, native theming, features (night mode) etc that not even "stock" android has

How is the S10+? Good!