What are the odds of using a ps4/5 for machine learning...

What are the odds of using a ps4/5 for machine learning? I want to make a new cheap rig and the future ps5 sound crazy powerful for the price

Attached: ps3p_303587.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

>this dude asking about machine learning on arbitrary piece of hardware should go somewhere else than Jow Forums
Retard

Attached: meh.jpg (640x602, 48K)

Man, Jow Forums has really gone to the shitter

you are a fucking moron, can you read the OP's question once again and try not to sound stupid this time, ok?

neck yourself faggot
I think my college unironically did this with PS4s in one of the labs

consider sudoku

locked.
crazy powerful?
just get a r7 3700x + rx 5700xt.
sony and m$ will use it to learn your purchase habit instead.

Then adda motherboard, power source andb 16gb of ddr6 and keep everything for 500$ (700$ maybe?)
The ps5 has incredible value for the price if it could be unlocked

That's if the scene manages to break the security protection in the early few years.

None you retarded /v/irgin, by the time the PS5 has been jailbreaked the hardware will be shit.

This

>crazy powerfull for the price
>no info on the hardware except the architecture
>no info on price

Specs leaked some weeks ago
>price
>Hur dur, it's a playstation, lets price it at 1500$

considering the ps3 could only be unlocked for a while, it seems unlikely considering the increasing difficulty in console cracking

Day 1 purchase for me if it has RGB

In theory it should work.
You just need access to the device on a level Sony is not providing to end users.
And if you want to use the strong floating point performance of the gpu you'll need to write your own framework
Also no existing ml framework I'm aware of works out of the box on such a machine
So a pentium/Athlon with a 2060 would be what I'd recommend.

Thanks for the explanation user

>He thinks Sony would allow user code execution on their console

Roughly 0%, consoles are locked down and you cannot run arbitrary code on them, only what has been approved by the console manufacturers. They've got you by the balls, unless the thing gets jailbroken.

Wouldnt benefit them to allow code execution for purposes like OP stated? They would sell like cupcakes for datacenters or academia

Wouldn't benefit them at all because they don't care about selling you the box, just the gaymes and subscriptions attached to it.

or just rent an instance from AWS or Azure for fraction of the price.

No they wouldn't, it doesn't work that way. They'd be better off buying the AMD hardware instead of buying a console with a whole lot of extra shit which costs money and is useless for their purpose. They'd at the very least be able to buy the equivalent PC graphics cards to use instead of consoles.

>sony shills invading Jow Forums

fuck off back to your containment board.

>AWS
>GPU instance

You will end up paying the full price of 2080 Ti and more if you have anything running for more than a few days.

0% after the ps3 supercomputer meme

as other user implied, console manufacturers do not seek most of their profit from the console itself but from games and services.