Apple Just Got Serious About Killing Intel on Macs

laptopmag.com/articles/apple-hire-arm-engineer-computer-processor

NOOoOOooOoOoOoOoooOOOooOoo

Attached: 1506977173618.jpg (882x758, 324K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Pentium-Gold-G5400-vs-AMD-Ryzen-3-1200/m484278vs3931
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Remember when arm was gonna kill x86 a decade ago or whenever? Is that finally gonna happen?

Nobody who had any idea what they were talking about ever claimed that ARM would kill x86 (unless they were literally being paid to say it), and no.

why not just go for AMD instead of porting everything to run on ARM?

Intoddlers BTFO

Attached: Satania BTFO.gif (220x216, 39K)

>porting

The Apple dev toolset is actually pretty incredible and almost nothing has to be rewritten between Mac and iOS if you use ObjC/Swift.

Apple can manufacture their own ARM cpu's, cutting out a middle man.

I don't know why there are so many people keen on Intel dying.
If there's no competition AMD will become just as greedy.

Attached: lWNmAf9.jpg (1920x2148, 171K)

based

I hope they push ARM 2-in-1 laptops.

Both Intel and AMD have plenty of competition from companies like Qualcomm, Samsung, Mediatek, etc. We just want Intel to die because they're fucking kikes.

>Apple develop their own ARM cpus
>Incredibly power efficient, multiday battery life
>Lowered performance, but this just means they debloat and optimise Mac OS

Holy shit, are they about to redeem themselves?

Based sataniaposter

Probably just a hire to replace that other guy that left.

In reality they will kill the Mac with the iPad.

The A12X in the newest iPad is pretty impressive already, and definitely could compete in a lot of metrics against low power X86. The entry level Macbook now is only powered by a really shitty Atom processor that could very easily be replaced by one of Apple's own ARM chips.
I could see them slowly working ARM up the product stack rather than just replacing X86 in one go.

100 bucks on Apple also using (custom) AMD cpus for their next MacPro's. They still had to go with Intel because they had a contract, which will probably run out in 2020 and not been renewed. It's going to be ARM for laptops and phones, x86 for high performance workstations from now on. Intel is completely fucked.

>apploo ARMshit
>can't even handle typing without lag

Attached: 1553529417262.webm (1280x546, 2.79M)

Very based

Yes.
X86 intcel is extremely bloated and inefficient compared to amd64 and zen3+
Amd will likely embrace arm as a coprocessor or visa versa for certain applications much like how lots of programs use gpus + CPUs and intel igps

YIKES

What the fuck bros we can't just meme Intel into bankruptcy...

>applel can't even compete with qualcomm on ANY sustained task and not a meme 20 second benchmark
>thinks they will ever be able to compete with desktop

Attached: 1549979910289.png (650x337, 31K)

Imagine wanting a monopoly,Are you stupid or something?

AMD monopoly > Intel monopoly

Prove me wrong, you can't

>monopoly.
>Intel's last act would be to sell X86 License to NVIDIA

The war continues

But there wouldn't be a monopoly. According to intel they're not competing against AMD. That was the actual argument they presented in US court, claiming that companies like Qualcomm were their primary competitors.
So obviously there wouldn't be a monopoly with intel gone. We'd still have Apple, IBM, Qualcomm, Samsung, MediaTek, RockChip, AllWinner, etc.

Surely based intel wouldn't lie in court, shill-kun.

amd64 is literally extensions bolted onto ia32 kys retard

>Nvidia revives the Pentium Brand.

Seething intcel rip

Attached: morr viv soth.jpg (400x400, 134K)

>implying Nvidia would care about X86 when they already have their very own custom housefire superscalar ARM core

>Surely based intel wouldn't lie in court, shill-kun.
lol

oy vey.
remember the 6 trillion.

In geekbench the newest ipad pro is literally at mid-range 8th gen Intel perf at half the power

Pentium never died. They're pretty good budget CPUs now. Nowhere near as good as Ryzen 3 but my G4560 handles a lot of stuff.

>geekbench

>debunked benchmark developed and optimized exclusively for apple devices
>creator is an exposed apple tard fanboy
Street shit harder.

I meant returning it to its rightful place as flagship name.

I hate that the D and 4 ruined its name, and I'm an AMDfag (the same could be said with Athlon)

>t. intcel

6 gorillion

oy vey

Attached: 1488933859408.png (800x523, 604K)

Brah you can OC an athlon and it'll totally....still get rekt by a g5400. I'm waiting to see what vulnerabilities will be found on AMD architecture with Commie sue being in charge. Mark my words ZombieLoad will be minimal in comparison.

Attached: 69fecc61-a484-4f64-a124-ea7f9283da63_thumb.jpg (273x146, 7K)

OH NONONO AHAHAHAH

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Pentium-Gold-G5400-vs-AMD-Ryzen-3-1200/m484278vs3931

>I'm waiting to see what vulnerabilities will be found on AMD architecture with Commie sue being in charge
>since the brand I built my identity around did it the competition must also be doing it
The absolute state of (You) and this board. Jesus Christ when will Hiroshimoot just shit this shit down already?

Attached: 1554397257806.jpg (645x729, 77K)

Intel fanboys are pozzed in the head just like their retarded piece of shit of a company and their pozzed housefire garbage products.

> being this computer illiterate
if you're going to write something, try not to write something that makes yourself look like a dribbling fucking spastic. now, fuck off and die.

> no-name website
> zomg! apple hired someone!
using ARM in a laptop is a pajeet idea. if they wanted an under performing processor, they should have picked any recent AMD chip.
> Is that finally gonna happen?
it probably will. apple want to reduce their own operating costs, so going with one of the cheapest types of processors on the market would be no surprise. it won't save their laptop lines. they're already woefully under-performing in sales and actual performance. they'll be just as slow but not overheat as much. this allows apple to keep using really terrible designs but you'll still be paying far more than you would for an x86 system.

We are more likely to see an AM4 Ryzen in an iMac or an Threadripper in an Mac Pro or iMac Pro than anything arm based in any form or Mac, although we would expect to find this in any iOS based device (iPad, iPhone, etc) as expected.

I suspect Aple might want to make their iPhones better due to how shit they are doing overall.

Are you serious saying that? Qualcomm, Samsung, Mediatek?

>shit this shit down already

Attached: 1547058342012.jpg (615x663, 42K)

Shit

>AMDrones actually believe that one of America's biggest semiconductor companies will die
(lol at AMD brainlets

What's an "Apple"?

Someone forgot to brush their teeth with intcel tooth paste

super based

based

>Apple will sell a $40 Pi for $2400, in choice of space grey, rose gold and white.

I’m not surprised.

only right answer who really gives a shit. this is probably just bumping news away from their trash mobile sales and terrible macbook pro hardware design decisions.