RTX "Super" Series

videocardz.com/81076/nvidia-to-announce-geforce-rtx-2080-super-2070-super-and-2060-super-on-july-2nd

What do you guys think?

Attached: super2070.png (908x661, 631K)

if $100 off rumor is true, maybe a good deal for 2080 at $600
also sad for RTG yet again, they just suck, should've priced it better

>if $100 off rumor is true
lmao

Nvidia and AMD will just price fix the GPUs, just like they've done in the past. Reasonably priced GPUs will never happen unless Intel actually manages to make a good GPU, which is unlikely.

well, 1660 is reasonably priced 1070
performance is so vague these days in practical terms, modern GPUs are just too far from console ports and 1080p is nothing for it
I think this situation will continue up to a point when 4k becomes true mainstream, 2-3 more gens

At best the old cards will just go EOL and these will replace them at the same price point.

Attached: super.jpg (778x566, 225K)

good for AMD
bad for anyone in market for high end GPU

>if $100 off rumor is true
you can't be this delusional, that is adoredtv stupidity level...

wtf is this graphic
Anyone who believes this is an actual brainlet

Sadly you're correct, amd doesn't even want to compete in the gpu market. They can sell any 7nm zen2 they produce, why waste 7nm capacities on a market with lower margins where they're also in the disadvantage...

Tell us o wise master: what's so unrealistic about this?

Attached: 1556000499094.jpg (1080x1080, 171K)

I really just hope 2080 super is good enough, like in between the current 2080 and 2080ti cause I want some nice 4k gaming but the ti is way way too pricey for me

What a time to be alive.

Super still has only 8gb of Vram vs the Ti's 11gb

Sweet, just within cancellation time for Navi cards.

navi even looks good in these price conditions, they had a chance to take 40-50% of mid range market if they priced it at least $50 lower though

Attached: cheap.jpg (1661x609, 279K)

got £300 for a gpu, july will be interesting

Like overpriced cellphones, i'll never buy a GPU at this price... no matter how many other idiots do so.

>paid 300 bucks for a GTX 970 four years ago
>RTX 2070 Super will be twice as fast
>costs 600 bucks today
What the FUCK is up with graphics card prices nowadays. You're literally paying the same amount of money per frame has you have four years ago, except you get double the frames at double the price. What the FUCK is wrong with the market?

>twice as fast
>double the frames

Attached: giphy.gif (500x281, 1.18M)

The only good thing that might come out of this is Navi prices dropping faster.

>You're literally paying the same amount of money per frame has you have four years ago
Tech journalism tells you "stop kvetching". Thank you based shills.

thats why a used 1070 at ~200$ and below is king, plenty of Vram, new enough for gaytracing (support, dont bother actually using it) and shit like Ansel and whatnot

oh and its fairly lean on power and runs games at 1440p60 just fine

>runs games at 1440p60 just fine
*if you turn down settings quite a bit and don't have a problem with dips down to 40ish FPS or just stick to older or very well optimized titles

dunno what games you play, but Rage 2, Metro Exodus and FC:ND ran just fine at 1440p high settings

>high

>card is worthless if it can't run x4 MSAA
you retards what is wrong with PC gaming, TB keeps destroying pc community from the grave

Guess I'm still gonna be using my GTX970 when I get Ryzen 3700X in a few weeks.

No, AA is almost worthless beyond 1080p, but if a card can't deliver solid 60fps in the most demanding titles at ultra it's a waste of money. Doesn't mean it won't do it with your preferred settings(like turning off shit you just dislike, sharpen, bloom, blur etc.) but since there is nobody running benchmarks at my preferred settings i have to judge hardware at ultra to make my decision.

>only maxes out games
>complains that a mid range card cant play it at desired frame rates

tie a noose

this year from personal experience at ultra I couldn't run only metro exodus, but all ultra does is cranks up effects and shadow resolution to obscene amounts
could run 60 everything from 2018 and 2017, ACOrigins had a bit of drops in big cities on first patch, replayed it recently ran fine
Odyssey ran fine to my surprise
all that on 1600x CPU. 2017 upgrade turned out pretty great for me. dropped i7 2600 at exactly the right time.

follow the replies

>100
Lmao. The super is just a ti by another na.e

AMD is a console gpu maker now. The only thing they care about pc is cpu. The only reason they still even sell pc gpu is because they're technically bound to sell them so nvidia doesn't get killed off as a monopoly. There's a reason why their gpu always are capable of being integrated into a soc instead of being it's own standalone thing.

That's exactly how it works. I don't give a shit about the clock speed, I'm comparing my user experience.

Used 1080ti or v56 uv oc us the way to go
This.
Also never buy 1st gen amd gpus especially new arch

>Also never buy amd gpus
fixed

This
I sold every one I had it was all garbage from the 6970 onwards gcn was a compute heavy dumpster fire for gaming.
Not sure what the fuck they've been doing for the past 8 years but it's not working.
Rdna is a flop their 7nm gpu was a giant flop
I have absolutely no hope for them and I'm glad I switched back to nvidia asap
Zen is great I'll buy one a year but fuck giving rtg any money.

oh ffs there are right now some decent amd gpu offerings. I agree that nvidia gpus are better and better supported but for a entry level gayming pc the rx 570 for sub 120$ it's a great buy and for 250-300$ if you are willing or like to play around with your gpu the vega 56 it's a steal.

Midrange low end shit yes but I wanted a upgrade from 2016 tier fury x 1080 not a side grade hence why amds high end is a joke

AMD needs profit TOO!

Will AMD make a xx80ti or titan killer or not?

Super

Nah, you're wrong. Amd made the switch to consoles because they desperately needed money. GCN was getting it's butt kicked and Bulldozer was an absolute horror. Amd then put all money in cpu's and made a comeback, the money they spent for gpus was partly given to them just to develop a new console focused architecture, rdna. Amd does care about the pc gpu space, however servers, consoles and cpu's have priority. In all these markets amd can make a shit ton of money and amd has good options. The pc graphics market is an uphill battle for amd. Nvidia has a better architecture, more money/resources, bigger mindshare and market influence, more partners and much, much better software libraries. So for PC gaming amd can only compete by selling their products for 10-20% less. And since amd lacks modern software libraries you can forget amd gpus for most scientific workloads etc. Cuda is just way ahead. You want to train a neural network on a gpu? You'll need a nvidia card.
Amd would need a massive investment just to catch up to nvidia. A really good new architecture and a good new software libraries are needed. Instead amd could just focus their money on increasing zen2 production and zen development and just make their gpu site good enough so console manufacturers are willing to use them. Luckily for amd almost nobody wants to work with nvidia, especially when they have a competitor that is willing to work with much smaller margins.

are these the same people who spread bullshit rumors about $300 radeon 5700XT?

Well, shit. It's 2 years later and AMD doesn't have a response to the V100's tensor cores.

At best you'll get a 5900 XT that matches it while costing the same and drawing more power.

Oh I agree. The VII should have been 500-600$ to even be a decent buy

That's what we get when amd shits out another workstation server reject turd and polishes it with gaymer crap like they've been doing since gcn first came on the scene

Amusing how we have the same prices to performance as when Pascal launched.

Radeon is in a sad state

Well no the tensor cores aren't a problem. Thats pretty simple stuff. Amd could add those, but that wouldn't help since everyone and every library uses Cuda. Tensorflow? Cuda! PyTorch? Cuda! HPC programming? Old shitty opencl or efficient and modern Cuda? Go figure.
Why design hardware that's never going to be used? Amd needs to bring their software stack up to date first if they want a chance in this market.

Well a 300$ 5700xt is realistic compared to the idea of nvidia dropping prices by 100$ for no good reason.
A 300$ 5700xt would be real if amd would even try to regain market share, there's a possible reason amd why amd could have done this. Significant random prices cuts from nvidia have no possible reason at all.

I just want a good $200 GPU. I feel like an idiot buying a 1060.

Overpriced and just as powerful as a card from 2016.
Im waiting another gen to upgrade.
Again.
For second time.

what did they mean by faking an image?

Attached: 5.png (535x675, 210K)

>We have also been told how new Founders Edition will look like, so here’s an example (a mockup) of RTX 2080 Super
>a mockup

>aa worthless beyond 1080p

I sure as fuck see aliasing still at 1440p even with 2x msaa. Cant speak for 4k but it's definitely fucking noticeable beyond 1080p

>No 2080 Ti S
I don't care.

op has an actual, real image, the mockup looks basically the same

Is there any chance AMD would lower the prices of their new offerings, now that Nvidia plans to?

it's possible, but unlikely
their margins are already shit for their GPUs so I wouldn't bet on them lowering them any further

Yes because the 5700 became totally useless thanks to the absurd price.

Unless this bumps more of Nvidia line into the 250€ mark completely meaningless for me.

And people were complaining about the Navi series why?

Yeah, the XX50 and XX30 soon will be 250€ too.

>The only thing they care about pc is cpu
COPE

Everyone knows that Intel will kick their ass again and they'll be back to making consoles.

8gb is more than enough frame buffer for 4K. A 4K frame at 32 bpp is only like 32 megs.