The Linux landscape has changed dramatically since we released the initial version of Steam for Linux, and as such...

steamcommunity.com/app/221410/discussions/0/1640915206447625383/

>The Linux landscape has changed dramatically since we released the initial version of Steam for Linux, and as such, we are re-thinking how we want to approach distribution support going forward. There are several distributions on the market today that offer a great gaming desktop experience such as Arch Linux, Manjaro, Pop!_OS, Fedora, and many others. We'll be working closer with many more distribution maintainers in the future. If you're working on such a distribution and don't feel your project has a direct line of contact with us, by all means, have a representativereach out directly.

Arch will be the next gaming Linux confirmed.

Attached: Archlinux-icon-crystal-64.svg.png (1024x1024, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/18203931/r
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hopefully pop if not arch

Arch has always been the linux gaming distro.

There is no reason to use Ubuntu on the desktop in the current year.

Fuck. Looks like I'll have to find a different distro. Don't want to deal with any retard nigger children asking questions about their shitty toys on the forums.

>using the forums
literally no reason to do this

>want to play games
>x is broken because arch

Never happened for me, don't use ancient hardware with such a modern distro. Old drivers and shit can break, other than that quit being retarded and learn to use your computer.

>want to play games
>steam is broken because ubuntu

>Arch Linux, Manjaro,
why? you support the former you automatically support the latter BUT you support the latter you DONT support the former; is valve so retarded as to consider a hobby distro (albeit aimed exactly at /v/irgins) for official commercial support

Based Valve. Ubujeets cannot recover.

Attached: 20190425-uca9xDtbGurHVOFmj8ZK.jpg (1280x1591, 131K)

this
the arch wiki is all you need

Both Steam and Ubuntu are run by utter incompetents

Christ, how do these people get in their positions - using a bleeding edge distro for desktop stability lmao

Attached: images.png (209x241, 8K)

What great advice, Chad and Stacy will love their new host OS.

>Linux gaming
Lmao

now that ubuntu shotgunned itself in the leg Arch will definitely be #1
strawpoll.me/18203931/r

Attached: arch.png (1619x1027, 92K)

Install opensuse tumbleweed

I'm just hoping void gets some love

CloverOS will be the premier gaming OS as it has the absolute latest version of wine

Honestly it would be smarter for them to go for a Flatpak kind of deal. That way its a fuck you to ubuntu and its containerized.

> Using xorg.conf in did mil diez y nueve