Is laser eye surgery legit and improve/fix your vision?

Is laser eye surgery legit and improve/fix your vision?
I'm wearing glasses that makes everything look 1080p, but without it 720p. its uncomfortable wearing it with headphones.

Attached: 1553276828397.png (476x250, 101K)

Other urls found in this thread:

zeiss.com/vision-care/int/eye-care-professionals/products/instruments-technology/i-scription-technology.html
youtube.com/watch?v=qtkWQQhJLwU
youtube.com/watch?v=Dhe82cpTiig
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>resolution analogy

Attached: 1560485892219.png (753x960, 29K)

i bet you also see shit in 30 frames per second

let me just copy paste a text i once wrote:

I was nearsighted with a prescription of -5dpt.
I wore soft contact lenses from 2013 to 2016, everyday for atleast 14h. No problems.
But because you are getting accustomed to your situation you always feel the need to improve further, even if there is nothing to improve.
So I went for refractive surgery and had Lasik in July 2016.
Since then I'm suffering from higher order aberrations.
Short explanation why that happens:
With Lasik the laser removes cornea tissue at the center of your cornea to flatten it (because nearsighted eyeballs are too steep). The diameter of this "cornea burning" is 6.5mm. Thats a standard, because removing a wider circle of tissue would also mean to burn deeper into the cornea (Munnerlyn Formula is t = S^2 D/3 with S defined as the diameter of the treatment zone), which would result in cornea instability and relating issues such as ectasia and glaucoma.
Now the problem is, that most young people with green or blue eyes have scotopic pupils of 7 to 8mm. Maximum pupil size decreases with age btw.
To sum it up: If you are young and have blue or green eyes, your pupil at dim light has a bigger diameter compared to the optical zone of the refractive surgery, which means, after the surgery you will see sharp (through the center of the cornea) and blurry (through the peripheral area of the cornea) at the same time, which is called HOA (higher order aberration). Everything looks blurry and foggy.

Of course nothing of this is mentioned by surgeons and they deny any problems when you talk to them when you are suffering from these issues.
I read hundreds of papers on this topic, I had to neglect my studies for it, because I just had to find out where my vision problems come from.
In 2017 I saw another surgeon to tell me if he could fix it. He told me I should stick with it like it is, because at least at daylight my vision is good.

Then I tried to get fitted with scleral lenses, which solved the vision problem but I couldnt stand them for more than 5 hours per day and they were super expensive. Then I tried custom fitted rigid gas permeable corneal lenses and they solved the vision problem, too, but the lens fitter couldnt get the lenses to stay at the center of my cornea.
I wasted 3000eur on Lasik and 2000eur on tries to fix it.
Through this journey I got in contact with someone who had three surgeries with one of the best ophthalmologists in the world and every surgery made it worse and he lost his job and his wife because of his issues, and he wasted more than 20000eur in the process.

Just dont do it.
I actually know quite a few people from Jow Forums who have the same issues
CHeck lasikcomplications dot com to learn more

Attached: lefunnibeardman.png (1073x648, 407K)

Don't do it.

My dad got surgery and it was good for about a year then it became much worse than it was before.

Unless you have extremely poor vision, or issues like cataracts or bad astigmatism, the best solution is to exercise your eyes and spend plenty of time focusing on objects at varying distances. One issue that many people don't really talk about is that your cones and rods burn out over time and your retinal nerves and occipital love degrade, and the resulting poor vision can never be fixed with current technology. We can only fix bad vision that results from misshapen eye lens, cataracts, and eye pressure.

You are risking too many complications man. Glasses are not that bad.

>tfw no brainlet meme to convey how retarded that post was.

Attached: 5ehbdszslao21.jpg (640x948, 79K)

lasik will fuck your eye up doesnt even fuckin last brah

>slicing your eye open
>having a permanent flap that can be ripped off if you rub your eyes too hard
I'll take PRK anyday over fucking LASIK.

>extremely farsighted + astigmatism
>have to choose between heavy bugeye glasses and expensive uncomfortable toric contacts
>still cap out at 20/30 or worse with maximum possible correction
What are my options Jow Forums? Do I just leave it be and hope it doesn't get worse?

I was so looking forward to these bionic lens. But it's all vaporware. Goddamn it.

Attached: VAPORWARE.png (862x682, 293K)

interesting. Guess ill just stick to contacts

>manlet
>bow legs
>poor vision
>chinlet
>weak appetite

does anyone else sometimes think God never intended for them to live to adulthood?

i am the guy who made the posts about lasik itt
if i were you i just let it be.
refractive surgeries are a meme in general and have a lot of downsides, but there are two issues with refractive surgeries even eye doctors talk about: farsightedness + astigmatism.
refractive surgery is best performed on nearsighted eyes and even then you can have all the problems i experience.
dont do it

me too i have been waiting

I'm waiting for a cybernetic eye implant that will never go bad, unlike organic shit. Fucking retarded scientists still haven't figured out a way to have the optic nerve use camera lenses though.

Attached: BionicEye.jpg (1050x700, 45K)

I did LASEK. Was at -7 on my worst eye. Had no complications since. Honestly the best decision I made in my life.

this

just don't get cheap Mexican or discount Lasik, it's your eyes, go full retard on the best treatment available

Yeah I think you're right. The risks just seem too great right now. Maybe if I hold on for a few more years something more reliable will come along.

PRK won't damage the eye? whats the difference? sorry didnt find any good comparison between the two on google

any idea how to fix eyes are are bosses eyed?
For me on my left eye it looks to the left when its tired and I'm not focusing on it, wearing glasses helps a lot so it doesn't do that

the only advantage LASIK has over PRK is short recovery time

Attached: prk-vs-lasik-key-differences.png (800x800, 240K)

I got PRK and my left eye is very blurry and my right eye is not as bad but not great. driving at night is horrifying. 2 years later and the painful dryness is just starting to let up. I don't know if my surgery was botched or what, I went to a very reputable university hospital.

Cameras suck ass compared to an eye. It gets even worse when you realise you need to fit the flat sensor inside a eyeball. You could go µ4/3 at the biggest and that's a very small size for decent cameras.. really shit.

how severe was your myopia?
I heard that side effects are more likely to occur from people with high myopia (probably because the laser would have to carve more)

>as ectasia and glaucoma.
That's not the real problem.
>which is called HOA (higher order aberration).
That's not what HOA is.
But yes, you are right for everything else. But, I (I'm not the surgeon) always start with telling the possible side effects first. Always always tell the truth.

just do it and let us know what happens.
If they fuck your eyes up, just take them to the ocean, tie them to a jet ski and set it running in a straight line out into the ocean

>I don't know if my surgery was botched or what, I went to a very reputable university hospital.

dude, like i told itt i know someone who had three surgeries with the guy who invented PRK and crosslinking and every surgery made it worse. so if even this god of refractive surgery botches it, its a systematic failure.
also i realized that all the people i know who had Lasik and dont complain are either lowIQ or old people. The lowIQ people wont even notice their vision issues. The old people have smaller pupils (pupil size shrinks with age), so they have less vision issues (lower amount of higher order aberrations).
the young highIQ people I know who had Lasik all report issues.

I don't remember my prescription but it wasn't severe. I could drive and recognize people in a room, I just couldn't read road signs, etc.

It absolutely is. Pic related. the phenomenon on the lower right is a result from lasik and its literally called higher order aberrations and nothing else.
Dont tell lies, refractive surgery shill.

Attached: lasik_pupil_size.jpg (887x728, 47K)

>having a permanent flap that can be ripped off if you rub your eyes too hard
After one week it's hard to move the flap, after 6 months it's hard even with the correct surgical instrument.
>PKR
Enjoy your 5 days pain and up to 6 months haze.

How do you escercise your eyes? I didn’t know that was possible

I’m so confused what happens st night? LASIK people also say things about nighttime

Better than going blind when you get older.

With an Italian priest of course

on top of the blurriness I already have during the day, my sensitivity to light goes up and headlights and street lights glare like crazy. it's legitimately a hazard and I drive at night as little as possible.

read my posts
and look at the image i posted: nighttime -> pupil opens up -> you see with the treated and untreated zone at the same time -> higher order aberrations

Sorry english isn't my first language, it's hard to be technical. HOA come from the shape of your cornea, not just the 6,5-7 zone. You can have HOA even if your pupils don't dilate above the treated zone. You can naturally have HOA, check:
zeiss.com/vision-care/int/eye-care-professionals/products/instruments-technology/i-scription-technology.html

yes i know. but lasik greatly increases the issue

Attached: HOA_average_change.jpg (831x380, 45K)

What subreddit did you get this off of?

>uncomfortable wearing it with headphones.
Try porta pros I've worn glasses with full size headphones (dt770, dt150, mdr 7506 stock and brainwavz, hd215) for several years for 10+ hours a day 5 days or more a week
The porta pros lack isolation but they are the most comfortable headphones I've used to date which is odd since they feel and look like chintzy plastic
don't fuck up your eyeballs unless high quality glasses (get aysphereical: reduces parallax Nikon: japs actually read the prescription before making lenses) just plain won't correct your vision

Sorry to hear that user. Thank you for sharing this.

Airplane pilots are advised to avoid it

if you were born in ancient sparta, you would've been spared your painful existence

Do you at least have a big dick and are at least 6 feet tall?

was shortsighted from about age 13 onward
got them lasered when i was early 30s ish
best decision ever
was rated 20/12 vision after the process and now a decade later im still reading things in the distance that friends cant even see the item they are on let alone any text on them
go for it op

begin to practice occult instead and channel healing chi energy to your eyes to correct your vision errors

>tfw young blue-eyed lad
why god?

No it's not legit, that's why it's FDA approved and millions of people get it every year.

Get implanted contact lens, thinning the cornea at all is not a good idea. Lasik or PRK.

>I was nearsighted with a prescription of -5dpt.
I have -11 in both eyes honestly glasses are not that bad. Wear contacts, your eyes are among your most useful organs. Nothing is 100% assume the worst can happen and plan from there. I wouldn't get lasik even with my eyesight.

as a person who's been using glasses for nearly 2 decades, permanently modifying a body part that you rely exclusively on to literally survive when you can use a primitive tool like fucking glasses sounds a little too much to risk to me. sure, glasses are uncomfortable but after the first 3-4 months, they become a limb of you and you forget that they even existed as you as an animal have thing called being able t o adapt.

i personally wouldn't.

because Koss realized that pressure needed to ensure a fit should be applied on your hard skull, above your ears, not directly on your soft ears.

It's unironically possible to reverse myopia, to a certain degree, without surgery at all by using plus lenses and active focus.
I'm not making this shit up. G*ogle "hyperopic defocus" and "lens-induced myopia" to see what I mean.

I'm -11 am I too far gone to fix my myopia?

Very interesting thread, I see LASIK shilled every day but then I see ophthalmologists wear glasses.

Holy shit

Attached: 1557486947873.gif (170x192, 2.92M)

as an eyelet using glasses for all my life, this this this

interesting. thank you for posting user.

I'd recommend a lens implant like I have. They insert prosthetic lenses just above your irises instead of removing material from your cornea. It's more expensive and takes fifteen minutes of surgery per eye, but it's reversible and you can replace the lenses if your vision drastically changes.

>I'm wearing glasses that makes everything look 1080p, but without it 720p
Oh, you're retarded. Carry on.

I'm about that prescription, honestly I feel like it's at the point where it's a bit of a hassle. Contacts don't work so well at this prescription and glasses have to be very particular shape and size to not be whacked out
It could be worse though but I wish I could safely bring it down at least a bit

keratoconus user here, this shit sucks. my only contact option is fucking $800/year. I haven't enjoyed my hobbies or been in the sea in years and its very depressing.

I got lasik and my vision was great for about 10 years but then started to get worse and is now back to where it was.

I don't know if it was because I read too much online or if its because i got older or if it just doesn't last, but we used to have a free coupon for a lifetime guarantee that said I get two 'touch ups' to correct my vision later on, but i think we lost it.

So... I have brown eyes. Should I care?

Can I also have them change my eye color when they're doing that?

my optometrist and ophthalmologist didnt say anything about that, so probably not.

>I had to neglect my studies for it, because I just had to find out where my vision problems come from.
No you didn't, you fucking bitch.
>had to
Holy shit, what the fuck am I reading right now?

Got PRK in 2013, still have better than 20/20 vision and zero side effects now that the dry eye shit has passed.

What about PRK?

No, it's a sham. Works great for some people, but most will get halos that destroy night vision, dry eyes, and likely need additional treatments as their eyes continue to decline.

>Wear a thing on your face everyday and occasionally clean it

OR

>Get to experience surgery on the part of your body that supplies your primary sense which you cannot shut down while operating on.

Yeah, I'd rather eventually spend weeks of my life cursing at that ONE fucking smudge that will not disappear than go through that shit. Needles and shit already suck enough dick on any part of my body, I don't need front row 3D IMAX tickets for that fucking performance.

Also,

>Don't move your eye bro! I'm just going to lance it with this 0.001mm needle which is going to look like a fucking circular guillotine from your perspective.
>Just don't move your eye and you'll be fine bro!

Ilasik is used by nasa.

This thread is retarded.

>It's used by NASA so it's good
Fuck off

>Contacts don't work so well at this prescription and glasses have to be very particular shape and size to not be whacked out
Be careful of cataracts. We are high risk for them. I get what you mean I buy thick frames to hide the width of my glasses but yeah. What do you mean contacts don't work so well at this prescription I use contacts no problem? I understand what you mean I hope my eyes stop progressing. I worry about the side affects of lasik. So long as I can wear contacts I don't mind too much.

>Ilasik is used by nasa.
dis nigga for real?

Attached: 1560129543360.png (196x115, 37K)

Well shit, I've been wearing glasses for 15 years wait to do this. I had asked my eye doctor about laser surgery when I first got them at age 12 but he said you typically only perform it on people in their mid-late 20s after their vision's near/far-sightedness plateaus.

DON T DO IT

Try ortho k lenses. I think it would be safer. Basically you wear a contact lense when you sleep and it "shapes" your eye. When you wake up you can see well without glasses though it is temporary it lasts the entire day generally.
youtube.com/watch?v=qtkWQQhJLwU
I don't know what the side affects can be. but it could be less invasive.

You too op. I personally haven't but I know most people have never heard of ortho k lenses.

I had lasik done at a Lasik Plus center in 2010. Had glasses since I was 8 with a vision of 20/200. I paid cash, got the procedure done quick, went home, took some aspirin, took a nap, and drove myself to work that night with sunglasses on. Blue eyes btw.

I've had it for a year and a half now. It's great. Best thing is not being limited to the angles and field of vision of glasses. It's like going from being forced to run 4:3 aspect ratio on a 16:9 TN panel to getting to run at 16:9 on an IPS panel.
They did say that night vision worsens, and that is true, but it's not like I was eagle eyed during it previously.

>not getting the stroma procedure to have your eye color permanently changed
kek

>2002 potatocam vision
>better than anything
rather be blind tee bee atch

I always told my patient unless your vision are so bad that glasses or contact lenses cannot fix it, just don't do it. Sure it works for many people but if you're unlucky, you're fucked and its not it is reversible.

And no, the eye exercise things does not works.

do doctors wear glasses?

Attached: 8f3.jpg (2816x2112, 1.24M)

WHITEY BTFO THE FUCK OUT

did not know that

I got Lasik done last August. I only had a -2.5 prescription, I mainly got it done for convenience's sake and because I could never get used to wearing contacts. Plus I was forever losing or breaking glasses.

My doc fucked up cutting one of the flaps and scratched my cornea (he never directly admitted it, but he had to make two attempts cutting the flap on my left eye) and I had to go back into the doctor in the day after to get a bandage contact lens on that eye. The other one was pretty much healed with a day, and the other one took about a week to properly heal and not be blurry as shit.

The fucked eye also gave me what's essentially a minor astigmatism at distance in that one eye, usually only noticeable at night and long distances. It's slowly faded over time, and is hardly noticeable.

Night vision and driving was tough, but that's gotten better.

The toughest part is the dry eyes. They were really bad initially and when the weather got dry this winter it was pretty bad as well. I usually have to use eyedrops once a week or so when I wake up with dry eyes.

The surgery is pretty spooky. It's weird because you have to consciously focus your eyes on things when you can't really see through them. The doc will be like "LOOK AT THE LIGHT ASSHOLE" and I'm like "you just cut open my cornea I can't see shit".

Would I do it again?Honestly, I would take it or leave it since my prescription was pretty light. If you can tolerate contacts I definitely would say don't bother. If you do decide to use it make sure you find a place that isn't a "Lasik mill" -- I think that's the part that I regret most.

On a side note, not needing to wear glasses made VR a lot better, although I'm a little bit worried for the next gen headsets because Lasik apparently screws up current eye tracking tech.

How much did you pay?

Does it move like this guy's? youtube.com/watch?v=Dhe82cpTiig

I know vid related is pseudophakic iol, but I couldn't find the video of the phakic iols moving

If you're nearsighted can you train your eyes by wearing glasses for farsighted people?

Tech is relatively new and we still don't know potential long-term effects. As in, maybe you'll go fucking blind in 30 years, who knows?

Eyes don't see in resolution
They see in bitrate

genuine question though, what happens if you rub your eye the wrong way, or if you get hit?

Shit breaks like any other implant that gets abused?

People really hate glasses that much?

We in the future user, get ready to graft Google onto your brain stem