This confuses and angers the americant

this confuses and angers the americant

Attached: ouch.png (916x375, 93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pdanet&hl=en_US
youtube.com/watch?v=yPHtXSJZfkk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm Yuroshit and my mobile data plan is limited to 60GB a month flat so I wouldn't say "mobile data caps" are purely americcan thing.

they're really mostly a canadian thing.

mobile data plans have caps in most countries
but broadband services don't

I have a 200GB cap on my mobile data plan in Brazil, but home internet is and has always been unlimited.

They tried pushing limited data plans some time ago and people protested against it.

Works on my machine

It angers me because I'm seriously jelly of euro internet despite the regulations there. US internet makes me want to kill myself

Wait, what?
Do Americans actually have limits on how much they can download?

I thought that was some elaborate Jow Forums-joke

Using Comcast in Florida and I regularly consume 5-10 terabytes a month and have yet to hear a peep from my ISP.

bait
I don't know what you're trying to get at OP.
Unlimited is all over the place in the US so you're either baiting or actually mentally challenged

"Just post the in-store after-tax prices, and there can be an end to the horror" -Leaf

I have grandfathered unlimited on tmobile

What the fuck they charge me some BS like $10/100gb over a TB.

I'm American and not once have I been limited. If you're using more than the companies mobile data cap you're a retard. WiFi is a thing for a reason, which also I've never been metered using an IEP and I've lived everywhere from Chicago to Columbia. Kys

Depends on the ISP and location.

>having a mobile data cap
I pay $40/month for unlimited 4G LTE with no caps or speed restrictions (except for when tethering) and I'm American.

Rare though usually only in smaller towns or rural areas, since it's a money hole for the ISP to invest in those areas so they charge an arm and a leg.

>Croatia
>200mbps FTTH
>Unlimited
>TV+VOIP

50 euro

It's not even cheap, avg. pay is 750$/month here

Exactly, euro fags just stay jealous

>I pay $40/month for unlimited 4G LTE with no caps or speed restrictions (except for when tethering) and I'm American.
Good, I have the same for $22/mo in Europe without any restriction for tethering

Hm.. weird. I'm in Jacksonville and I've only had the service for a couple of years so I doubt I'm grandfathered in on some unlimited package. I just checked my data usage (pic related) and it actually peaks a little over 3 terabytes, not the 5-6 I mentioned earlier. Still, no problems.

Attached: 1544200690593.png (1193x745, 52K)

>confuses
no
>angers
man you don't even know

>except for when tethering

How can they tell?

I've used a single 4G subscription to permanently hook up 4 PC's at the office.
Technically not allowed but it didn't cause any issues.

Here in yurope if ISP blocks tethering you can't even turn it on on iphone/android

Also new thing is usage per app, you choose an app that has unlimited traffic and anything other than that app is limited. Only official Youtube/Instagram/Facebook apps ofc

I'm sure the phone's OS gives it away data that indicates it's being used for tethering.

>tfw your provider doesn't have such a page because the concept of a data cap is so foreign here that nobody would even think of it

>(((fair usage policy)))
Lmao, completely cucked by ISPs. How the fuck can it be unfair to actually use what you pay for?

Sounds like nonsense to me. Just increase the hop limit on the connected PCs by 1 and there is no way for the ISP to detect the difference.

Attached: babby_duck.jpg (1440x900, 518K)

>tfw yuropoor and get charged for going over the "fair usage" limit of 1TB a month
somehow it's legal for ISPs to advertise this as unlimited

It does, install Lineage and the bits that tattle on you will be gone and you can tether without restriction. or at least you could back when I had a carrier that tried that shit, your mileage may vary. Then again if you have a shit carrier like that they probably gave you a locked device on some kind of two-year installment plan.

>Here in yurope if ISP blocks tethering you can't even turn it on on iphone/android
I've found that this[0] solves that problem. It's a tethering app that was around back when Windows Mobile was the top dog and the iPhone hadn't even been thought of. I use it to connect my Pixel to my Chromebook despite my provider making it so my phone can't even turn tethering on. With that Pdanet shit, I tether with no problems.

[0]play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pdanet&hl=en_US

Attached: 1558527898142.png (687x1221, 353K)

>slav nigger
>50mbs unlimited data plan
>opened ports, ready to host
>ISP has local network with pirated films + unlimited speed
>4.5 usd/mo
At least something we can enjoy in here.

>Do Americans actually have limits on how much they can download?
Depends on the plan, and/or ISP.
Some cable companies will do a "soft cap" where they just pressure you to upgrade to a higher tier, or even pay extra for true unlimited if you go over the soft data cap 3 months in a row.

Ironically, they sold me the subscription with a tethering device included.
But it has very limited range as you're only meant to use it with one laptop.

However I Frankenstein'ed it with a cheap WiFi to Ethernet dongle to hook it up to the office main router's WLAN port.
Frankly, was amazed it worked as stable as it did.

It's extremely dependent on location. I've been through half a dozen ISPs in several houses and I've never been capped, even with Comcast. Some people are though,xI suspect when there is zero competition so the big dick ISP can do whatever they want.

Attached: 1560122450080.jpg (1024x576, 97K)

>Watermark

Attached: image_0.jpg (749x737, 129K)

Video EXTREMELY related:

youtube.com/watch?v=yPHtXSJZfkk

Attached: 3BE50CC9-1FDE-45F8-99DC-4351B34D4BD1.jpg (225x225, 3K)