How jealous are you of this HARVARD CS student?

How jealous are you of this HARVARD CS student?

youtube.com/watch?v=DmwTN2slUhU

Attached: the fish.jpg (1329x1329, 835K)

Other urls found in this thread:

usnews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-science-schools/computer-science-rankings
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

getting into harvard will be his one and only noteworthy life accomplishment. let him relish in it.

i'm not jealous of his ears that's for sure

>*yawn*
Tell me when he gets into the best CS school in the world.

Attached: Caltech.png (1092x505, 783K)

((()))

getting into the university is the impressive part. the work they do while they're there isn't anything impressive, though

Very cool, James

Imagine defining your life achievements by the school you get into rather than the things you do

>best
Ahem, that would be the other Institute

At least I have a soul

That's not UT Dallas, the MIT of the south.

>getting into a good school isn't a thing you do

Harvard is gay bullshit. MIT across the street is where serious CS resides.

Attached: two-satellite-dishes-14250343.jpg (1300x956, 252K)

But MIT doesn't do legacy so he wouldn't have gotten in. I don't even want to know what kind of SoP you have to write for Harvard these days. Probably have to tick all the boxes (climate change, gender equality etc).

Why are you shilling some faggot on the internet that you've never meet or compete with on an intellectual level, ever ?
>Are Pajeets now stalking white males as well as white females now ?

>have my university admission interview today
Should have done this 10 years ago, better late than never I guess

it really isn't unless you consider filling an application form doing something.

usnews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-science-schools/computer-science-rankings

sorry James

Honestly? Not jealous at all. Famous Harvard almuni: Jazz, David Hogg, Obama. Just goes to show the caliber of Harvard degrees.

This kid only knows one thing and it's work ethic. He's honestly such a fucking normie and insufferable it hurts. He browsed Reddit and literally made a video crying about how strangers on the internet said mean things. Imagine if he made a video on Jow Forums. He worships the ground Steven Pinker walks on and he is responsible for shitty day in the life videos. Fuck John Fish

Attached: Screenshot_20190511-190033_YouTube.jpg (1920x1080, 620K)

>the MIT of the south
If something is the "x of the y", then it isn't as good as x.

>tfw you got accepted for their CE program but you couldn't afford it and had to go elsewhere

Attached: 1541967932103.jpg (388x372, 64K)

US universities are such a meme.

1.5hs of linear algebra class a day? How much can you possibly learn in one semester doing that? During my first semester I had 10 hours a week of Algebra and 15 hours of Calculus.

Swedish? in a CompSci degree? Seriously? Maybe it's an extra-curricular activity then it's fine but whatever, I barely have time to take extra classes. I keep seeing people taking language or culture related classes in their STEM degrees, what's the point?

Besides you get your degree in 4 years or so, here you have 6 years minimum of university (most people take more time because you fail classes or you work in the meantime and therefore can take less classes in a semester).

The only thing I'm jealous of is how nice the campus looks like and that he's probably going to get a better job than me just because he graduated from Harvard and his roomate's dad is probably Autodesk's CEO or something.

What country are you in?

I prefer UK's system honestly. We had an exchange student from over there and he said you just learn the subject you applied for. And it's 3 years.

Kinda makes me feel like i wanna be less lazy and more disciplined

you know neither how to spell "alumni" nor what the word means

You're right but for the wrong reasons. The reason why EU countries have better education than public and some private universities is because they start learning calculus in high school. Of course your mileage may vary. The CS courses in EU aren't worth the investment because lolnojobs while the math bachelor's is like taking a master's degree in math in America.

Argentina, but this is the case for other countries as well.

US universities have some nice things (cool campuses and networking I guess) but if you think that drowning yourself in student debt is going to get you a better education that in a state university in South America or Europe... you are most likely wrong.

Of course I know what alumni means I was just making a point you retard

You're a frequent Jow Forums poster right? Or is that guy Columbian?

Holy fuck the state of harvard, this was in my engineering math 3

Attached: f0c31d8580cf30e270274844bcd1693c.png (777x696, 495K)

Maybe. I did some High School is Spain and they had some high quality math education. This was not the case for Argentina, however here they make you study very freaking hard so you can get to a proper math level quickly.

We didn't learn more Calculus compared to what you're shown in US's AP Calc classes.

Nope, I just lurk Jow Forums and post maybe twice a month or so.

I am no maths expert but those exercises dont look too hard.

Can you explain why it's bad?

Man these insufferable day in the life of are really pissing me off.

Do you guys just mindlessly browse youtube and click on what the algorithm feeds you? Jesus christ

Attached: b8ed.png (625x626, 35K)

>still using a chinkshit phone from 2016

My school had a breadth requirement, meaning you had to take at least 1 credit from each faculty (arts, science, and social science) in order to graduate. A lot of people would take a random foreign language class to get their arts credit. Maybe harvard does the same.

A Harvard computer scientist is doing early freshman math.

Are you retarded? Almost every highschool in the US offers AP (AB and BC calc). AB generally covers calc 1 (college level) and BC calc runs through AB content and gets to calc 2 content. I cruised through calc ab and when I took calc 2 for engineers/compsci (it was a different course from calc 2 for general students) in university I still got my ass kicked and barely got a B and only because I somehow managed to get a B on the comprehensive final exam and that overrode my atrocious exam scores.

>European maths
Lol, this is a test for a course in Finland. No calculators or sheets and its still high school level in US

Attached: 0a9726009a93b22f708d9da5395b0fe1.png (797x729, 114K)

>he thinks that's hard

Attached: dehw.png (632x954, 222K)

So he's a rich kid going to a rich kid daycare center AKA an Ivy League school

They're fucking joke universities.

6 figures right outta college

Attached: FANG.png (1030x531, 390K)

>made a video on Jow Forums
you need to go back boomer

That'll definitely be the case in 4 years when he graduates and all those companies outsource pajeets to code

holy shit the state of finns, literally worse than burgers
I thought it was easy

Is this an average swedish male?

I'm choosing between Berkeley, CMU and UIUC for CS. Any advice?

And Caltech

look at average starting salaries of CS grads for each of those schools. Keep on mind that some of the difference might be due to location, but you should get a pretty good overall idea of what to expect after graduating.
Also, of you are planning on getting a graduate degree soon, your bachelor's doesn't matter so much. It might be better to just go with the cheapest option and then pay a lot for your grad school. Generally, only the last degree you hold needs to be from a top university.