The only language you'll ever need

The only language you'll ever need.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (200x225, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

scipy.github.io/old-wiki/pages/ParallelProgramming:
youtube.com/watch?v=T_ekAD7U-wU
sites.google.com/site/scienceandmathguide/subjects/mathematics
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

> not rust
What did she mean by this?

Fuck right off

Attached: 1492370327772.jpg (1024x768, 73K)

not free

>non-free
>non-open sores
>non-libre
julia chads RISE UP

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 1.54.49 PM.png (2404x1964, 1.34M)

seething poorthon users

>not R

Attached: 1544075031782.jpg (191x126, 7K)

>illiterate
>blind
typical matfag user

I don't mind the language, but the overall environment is based af.
CSfags can't understand that engineers want easy tools to solve their problems.

and every decent engineer or scientist realizes they have those tools at the tips of their fingers in the form of R and Python+NumPy
those with a bit more... how you say... je ne sais quois, use Julia: the language for Chads™.

I'm studying latin right now, fuck off with this shit

Attached: serveimage.jpg (354x447, 22K)

there is more manly alternatives out there

Attached: Pdr.png (362x350, 69K)

absolutely boiling

Not a bad language, but every codebase I see is fucking atrocious. Thousands of files and no version control is the kind of cancer only MEfags can create.

>Unbelievably shitty and worthless threading model - parallelism is an utter nightmare
>MUH VECTORIZATION is actually 10x slower than the same thing implemented in C with for loops

I'll admit the Matlab debugger is fantastic, mainly because you can plot out arrays etc.

>Python+NumPy
>Parallelism somehow manages to be even worse than Matlab

at least it's free tho

Attached: comic-book-guy.jpg (390x292, 15K)

I have a hard time believe matlab would exist without colleges shilling it. Not that it doesnt exist but i have yet to work for a company that even know what it is, let alone license it.

>Parallelism somehow manages to be even worse than Matlab
how to demonstrate you've never used any library based on Python+NumPy in 9 words or less

From scipy.github.io/old-wiki/pages/ParallelProgramming:

"However, multithreading with python has a key limitation; the Global Interpreter Lock (GIL). For various reasons (a quick web search will turn up copious discussion, not to say argument, over why this exists and whether it's a good idea), python is implemented in such a way that only one thread can be accessing the interpreter at a time. This basically means only one thread can be running python code at a time. This almost means that you don't take any advantage of parallel processing at all."

Attached: a5MZ4DL_700b.jpg (326x294, 18K)

I wholeheartedly agree!

It's more of a calculator than a language, I would say.
If you want to do some calculations on some data and then chart it or something, I think MATLAB is fine, but I wouldn't want to build an actual application in it or anything else for that matter.

>import threading
there are many libraries that can run parallel. numpy and numba are two i know for certain. Also the python multiprorocessing library can use multiple cores effectivly.

Attached: balls_.png (841x744, 56K)

Not everyone wants to be a programmer, user.
It's time to realize that. Engineers care about models and simulations.
Where's the simulink or simscape FOSS equivalent? There's no one.

A

FUCKING

BULGE

Don't do this too me please.

how do you login from a tty aesthetic lambda riceshit

I have a completely uninformed idea and I want a pythonfag to tell me if it's possible
python can FFI. C has multithreading. Use python to call your specifically written threading C code from your python script?

unfathomably based

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 1.55.09 PM.png (2404x1964, 1.47M)

it's barely even worth replying to your post
have sex

Please share your color scheme. It is very sexy. Thank you, user.

what game can i make?

dilate

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 4.41.44 PM.png (2384x1742, 1.33M)

free 4 hour Matlab course
youtube.com/watch?v=T_ekAD7U-wU

>programmers talking shit about tools for engineers
Fuck off you peasants

I work in an engineering research facility and my task was to translate Matlab Code into C++ Code.

The code I was given was soooo horrendous, my eyes bled!

Matlab btw is okay but it hides to many tasks in single functions so you have to exactly know what happens in that function which is rather aids.

based
fuck CS sperglords

>Matlab btw is okay but it hides to many tasks in single functions so you have to exactly know what happens in that function which is rather aids.

This. It's also (from my experience) annoyingly finicky about how mutable its array data types are. Then again, it may just be me trying to use it like Python (which is what I normally use).

My wife has to use it in her cognitive science lab, and asks me for help in writing scripts sometimes. Her department is talking about switching over to Anaconda.

This!

*laugh in Julia*

Where were all the Juliafags when I made a thread about it? It was dead in no time. You guys are lying.

that is because they actualy program in fetlang

Attached: Screenshot_20190627_224528.png (749x356, 131K)

The point of Julia is to be extra smug when someone brings up a discussion about Matlab

I've yet to see a Matlab user who actually use Matlab as intended and not as Python + Scipy

is math needed for programming? if so, where is a good place to learn math for a brainlet like me?

I don't NEED any programming language. I just prefer to have an income, be able to create hobby projects, and be productive.

From /sci/ sticky
sites.google.com/site/scienceandmathguide/subjects/mathematics

Read the calculus and linear algebra books, watch the videos if neccesary. If you can't do it, you're actually a brainlet. After that, only discrete mathematics are neccesary and everything else is just an extra.