GOOGLE SENDS 100 DRIVERS INTO AN EMPTY FIELD, THEY ALL GET STUCK

>Technology isn't always foolproof, as about 100 Colorado drivers learned when Google Maps offered them a supposedly quick way out of a traffic jam.
>The alternate route took drivers down a dirt road that rain had turned into a muddy mess, and cars started sliding around.
>Some vehicles couldn't make it through the mud, and about 100 others became trapped behind them.
archive.fo/lRfJj

hahaha... they trusted Jewgle. how can people be so fucking stupid, Jow Forums? also, whats a better map app?

Attached: 1540808592019.jpg (1126x793, 115K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trap_street
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't know why I expect better of a google user, but don't they have eyes? They're blindly following directions.

This happens to me with my Garmin too occasionally, some farmers field road will be marked as major road and the dumb system wants you to go there.

This but with google before too.

>jewgle maps sends people to mud pits
>applel maps sends people to the desert

Attached: 1542415831972.jpg (878x1024, 156K)

>implying this isn't a beta test for Chinese govt initiated ambushes on unsuspecting journalists

Attached: poohchina.jpg (700x859, 137K)

>a software with millions of miles of roads and extremely complicated traffic analysis algorithms makes a single mistake
The fact that this type of news is uncommon suggests that Google Maps is actually really good.

t. buttmad libtard

>suggests that Google Maps is actually really good
found the fucking jewgle shill

Attached: 1531526545956.jpg (1200x825, 136K)

lol i love these memes

The real problem here is the NPC bugmen who can't drive on a slightly muddy road without panicking and spinning.

Attached: sadsd.jpg (1920x2560, 1.54M)

>tigger
>nigger

Attached: 1560207013601.jpg (1200x1200, 290K)

Yup, that's why I never leave home without a physical map with my route plotted on it.
*sips*

Attached: 0cc.jpg (633x640, 51K)

why do people who describe themselves as "giant nerds" tend to be the worst

These are so fucking good

Attached: Untitled.png (702x932, 847K)

npcs literally following walklines

this is awful what the fuck happened to humanity

>HAHA HUGE GAY NERD!
>QUEER AS FUCK!
>SUPER DUPER GAY HAHA!
Fuck these people.

Thats why I never follow Google maps in real time. I always pre-check the route beforehand and go through step by step.

The only time I rely on GPS real-time is if I get lost

Google should really mark when a road is unpaved or otherwise not suitable for all vehicles. I had a similar thing happen in Arizona when I went to visit a dead volcano field in the painted desert. I ended up getting where I wanted, but it was a huge pain in the ass. There were no paved roads out there anyway though so that was my only option.

>some farmers field road will be marked as major road

I seriously doubt that.
But if it's marked as a minor road and there is a serious traffic jam on the main road then it makes sense to send people down it.

I'll bet most of them drive an "SUV's" as well, as is popular with NPC's these days.
SUV's are absolute shit off-road.

probably because they think they become the idea of what they want to become in their head when they do that.

if you need to describe your "personality", you're probably spewing out the idea of what you want to be or how you see yourself in a perfect world rather than what the reality is.

>following a detour not made by a person onto a dirt road

Attached: decks.jpg (1094x670, 408K)

Never had any issue with Google maps.
That being said, I always refuse all the "this way is 2 minutes faster"

I follow those and they turn out to be legitimately an entire hour faster in one case, and always at least faster by a worthwhile margin.

>Mutts looking around confusedly, thinking their app is somehow still right
The absolute state

Street shit harder.

Attached: 5ADB9C5E-BE7D-4F7C-99BC-A9FD33D44A2D.png (540x960, 71K)

Attached: de008919531a7e86d6a10f12382d04c8.gif (420x155, 489K)

GOOGLEJEETS BTFO

- Sent from my iphone :^)

Attached: C5E1212E-D388-4E53-B210-1B3090B4F2D0.png (813x1402, 269K)

BASED

Attached: B6338B4F-4F22-4C31-826F-C21735DA75DE.jpg (1121x755, 86K)

Does a muddy dirt road even count as off roading? I know my Accord can handle that, much less something with even crossover tier front biased "AWD" and a 3 inch lift. I thought the reason these fags bought Outbacks and Equinoxes was to go down muddy dirt roads for "muh camping"?

I had GPS try to lead me off of an overpass then change it's mind and suggest a detour on a one-way exit lane to an airport.

In hindsight I should've taken the drop, but still...

Good goyim, shut off you brain, don't think for yourself let our technology take care of you.

Attached: 1544266326259.png (254x238, 76K)

Fucking idiots, blindly trusting navigation.
I don't care which company it is, they're not going out and verifying ALL the mapping data they receive correct and you pretty much can't expect them to.
This is no different to blinding trusting physical maps, and Google gets their roading data from the same places.

There was literally nothing wrong with the directions it gave, problem existed between pedals and wheel.

just don't go down the road and it will recalculate.

obviously these are just malfunctioning NPCs

probably drove a narrow road and by the time the people ahead realized it was leading nowhere they were blocked out by the cars behind them

This is why I still use a physical road map.
You need to see the who road network before making a decision on how to get from A - B. Google Maps doesn't really allow for abnormalities in the road network used. You need to take into account these potential route hindrances using your own analysis and decision making process.

It's getting so bad though. People are not thinking about anything nowadays.

OsmAnd

would have made it if they drove a brotruck raptor.

>malfunctioning
Properly functioning.

>You need to see the who road network before making a decision on how to get from A - B.
You can do this with Google Maps.
>Google Maps doesn't really allow for abnormalities in the road network used.
This is usually more up-to-date on Google Maps than your physical map with things like traffic data and temporary road closures.
>You need to take into account these potential route hindrances using your own analysis and decision making process.
Can be done with Google Maps. I usually do this myself.

What you're describing is just user error, which can happen with physical maps as well so it's not a solution.

let's not go that far. these mongrels could barely be considered animals let alone people

Open souce doesn't have this problem.

Attached: 51KvqpxzSLL._SY355_.jpg (355x355, 9K)

literally no mapping software is free of errors

If that's based on Openstreetmap then I already know that it will route me somewhere you can't drive.

Attached: 1540808592019~2.jpg (72x85, 3K)

They'll realize Google can do it to people they don't like here at home and will forget all about their anger, like always.

This. I even sometimes use street view to preview major exits or to see how the lanes are situated if I am expecting heavy traffic

haven't had any problems with openstreetmap
it doesn't do any realtime stuff though
i don't hate on google for this though, mapping and navigation is a hard problem to solve, and it's crazy how well they've made it work
this isn't some local map, they're mapping the whole fucking world

OsmAnd~ doesn't have this problem.
It's ability to search for stuff is so godawful I have to look something up on google maps, then manually locate it on the OsmAnd~ map to get directions, and sometimes it gives directions that make no sense at some intersections, and it doesn't seem to be able to voice the directions,
but google is evil so what choice do I have?

Based Google.

OSM doesn't have traffic at all.

>gender unstable
>reliability engineer

>going down a dirt road while it's raining
pff, city drivers

anyone that follows their satnav into a fucking field, a different country or into the bloody ocean should have their license taken away for being a fucking idiot.

I actually encountered a situation like this once. We have a cottage in the countryside, and there's a gravel road that leads to it. If you follow the GPS, for whatever reason it will tell you to take the yellow road, when you should be taking the blue one. Somebody was driving over, went the yellow way and got stuck in mud. Had to go pull it out with a rope. Not the first time that happened either lol

Attached: rrrr.jpg (678x676, 630K)

This shit is embarrassing but Google Maps is unironically pretty good.

>whats a better map app?
Waze

OSM has a huge problem with searching locations, if what you type isn't exact to what the user submitted query is it won't appear and having traffic considered in your route is a lot better than OSM.

jazzman?

what kind of retarded fuckshit doesn't look at the navigation overview before starting?

some weak cartography

They don't even get that far to actually do that with their vehicles, they simply accept the marketing and let that define them.

I unironically used a physical map to navigate towards the Arizona wilderless to go on a spirit walk with an Indian tribe. This was ten years ago, but at the time the physical maps were the most accurate thing you could hope for.

not mentioned:
>meanwhile, original traffic jam dissipates thanks to google sacrificing a few idiot drivers temporarily getting them off the road and out of the way
fucking based

So some people got their cars stuck due to weather conditions and caused a 100 car blockage. How is that Google Maps fault? If there was a ten car pileup that cause a 100 car blockage on a highway, is that also Google Maps fault?

At about that same time in 2009-ish I took an 800-mile road trip to meet some people in my WoW guild. I bought a road atlas and jotted down a sheet of notes about the route I was gonna take. It wasn't terribly complicated, most of the way was "Take Interstate X however many miles, then take the exit for Interstate Y..." And conveniently there's huge gantries over the roads with signs telling you exactly where you are and what's coming up.

Despite this, when my mom told her friends I did this, they were absolutely aghast that I didn't have a GPS unit, and stoutly maintained that I was doing something quite unsafe.

people apply the same level of incredible retardation to navigation that they do to actually driving.

>Waze
jewgle owns that shit too

Have fun in prison once China takes over.

That's why I drive a 4x4

>literally no mapping is free of errors
FTFY

>The alternate route took drivers down a dirt road that rain had turned into a muddy mess, and cars started sliding around.
>Some vehicles couldn't make it through the mud, and about 100 others became trapped behind them.
Seems like google, for once, did nothing wrong here
>people can't drive
>others get stuck because people can't drive
>google is to blame for diverting them from one traffic jam into making another one

I bumped into a few websites that used openstreet maps. It looked really nice.

>offer service at no monetary cost, thereby absolving the entity of any legal responsibilities to the users of the service because they are not technically customers, ergo google can do whatever they want and nobody can stop them
brilliant move, isn't it

>not using openstreetmaps

Many pieces of software you use every day include a liability waiver in the license.

Lmao blind lemmings don't even look at the fucking route

DONT
Trust gpu especially jewgle maps when it sends u up dirt roads

Apparently this car passed them yelling “fucking prius niggers”

Attached: E4113320-2738-4D71-AF86-8910E0FF209A.jpg (720x540, 125K)

Their fault for driving shityy FWD vehicles with bad tires. My BMW would have made it through with ease.

Looks like AMD isn't the only company that has problems with drivers!

>mfw i ride a street legal dirt bike
>mfw i could wheelie past these losers and shit all over them while they're stuck in a hole

That's probably a Trap Route, fictitious towns, roads or locations created to prevent other carthographists to copy, very dumb and jewish shit isn't it?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trap_street

traffic is very variable in my city and google maps is always able to give the fastest route. Car accidents somehow show up instantly.

>also, whats a better map app?

Attached: 91P5p5VNxaL.jpg (1962x2560, 877K)

isn't moot working for google maps japan?

update your memes user

No.

Attached: 120px-Negrokirby20110725-22047-mtbdyx[1].jpg (200x200, 7K)

> stoutly maintained that I was doing something quite unsafe.

They were probably referring to meeting a bunch of WoW neckbeards IRL.

This is how they will send us to the googlags when they take over the us government

na, the cars will just drive themselves