>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Group Buys
deskthority.net/viewforum.php?f=50
drop.com/
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Last Thread

Attached: keychatter_2015-03-27_11-46-50.jpg (2000x1125, 1.37M)

copped a HHKB
what's some essential mods?

Attached: 20190626_165610.jpg (4032x3024, 3.65M)

the wait mod, basically you regret your purchase until the pro 3 comes out this fall, then you just end it

the garbage can mod, where you throw it in the garbage can

really improves the key feel

Would daisy-chaining multiple kbd controllers add a noticeable amount of latency?
For example Keyboard -> TMK -> QMK -> PC.

The sex mod where you actually get laid instead of buying keyboards

>BKE domes
>silencing rings (I use KBDfan's rings, they're pretty good)
>silencing foam you can buy from Home Depot
>artisans and shit

there are literally no quality tenkeyless keyboards with black switches for less than $70
what a world we llve on

I'll get some foam, thinking of buying a bit of sorbothane too

what's a good place to sell a keyboard?

Attached: mystery man.png (183x79, 42K)

deskthority, eBay, geekhack, reddit

Attached: vortex ibm comparison.jpg (1435x987, 542K)

yeah the model M is a big boy, even my full size Ducky is barely bigger than my SSK

Attached: 20170408_144201.jpg (4128x2322, 1.91M)

cheapest hot-swap keyboard with qmk support?

Tada68 from taobao is 57 bucks
millmax sockets are another 20
flashing QMK is free

different controller for programmability, they can be pretty expensive though
you can make this thing bluetooth if you're willing to pay out of the ass

How good are bloody keyboards?

Programmer here.
At the moment I'm using a ducky one full, red cherries
Thinking on a 60% brown switches.
Any ideas?

Attached: 1412855547895.jpg (224x225, 5K)

60% is for queers, 75% and above only

Does anyone here run any logitech lightspeed mouse/keyboard? They won't show up in the logitech software unless I run it as admin. Is there a fix to this without giving it to it?

Attached: 1334096531113.jpg (511x341, 21K)

>Thinking on a 60% brown switches.
Browns are great, but 60% is personal preference. Using an ANNE 2 Pro with gateron browns, but I think I prefer tenkeyless at the end of the day

>$65 at most (this is for my other computer)
>USA
>I don't care, uh... Cherry MX blue?
>Full format, with ten keys, preferably wired
>A keyboard that isn't autistic looking or screams "GAMER" that I could bring to an office. Something that looks nice, simple and practical
>RGB isn't absolutely necessary, just as long as it doesn't look like Unicorn vomit
>Current keyboard: Logitech G613 (very satisfied with this keyboard, but if I can find something even better for cheaper, I'll jump on it)

Attached: IMG_20180503_084256_1-1220x915.jpg (1220x915, 326K)

Oh, I forgot to mention, the keyboard absolutely has to have a wrist rest and media buttons.

>Cherry MX blue
>something that you could bring to an office.

It's an office where I'll be alone in for the most part.

There are those new Deskeys silencing rings too, and with different thicknesses available they seem nice and versatile

Gigabyte K83. It's like 40 bucks that way if it's stolen it's not a big deal.

I also need somethng like this thanks, currently working on a 1000 year old membrane membrane artifact.

who's gonna get one?

Attached: shinobi.jpg (2048x1365, 590K)

Get an E-element. they're like 40-50 bucks on Amazon and are just corsair knockoffs.

Nice, meme switches are on their way.

Attached: holy memes.png (480x274, 14K)

If you can't even touch type in QWERTY, don't even frequent or buy a Mechie.

Just stay on your scissor membrane bullshit.

Membrane is trash, at least get a semi-mehcanical.

Not all membranes are trash. The model M is a great membrane keyboard. Also most semi mechs are just overpriced membrane keyboards.

i flipped my space bar

Attached: 1544224912810.jpg (199x253, 13K)

the chinese gh 60 comes with arrow keys by default, press fm+space

>Tada68 from taobao is 57 bucks
how much is the shipping, for me it was 50+bucks to yourope+customs, safe that shit keyboard turned golden for me
red keys suck too and stabs aren't lubed ofc

>brown
* blue or green or black

for me it was $23 to east cost USA. I didn't have to pay any customs fees or if I did I didn't pay them.

[spoiler]I actually prefer cherry browns over blue and red switches[/spoiler]

Bought a Massdrop CTRL (barebones)
Kailh THICC CLICK Navy’s (I was a huge fan of MX Blues the last time I owned cherry boards, 6 years ago)
Some nice GMK keycaps

I’m coming off of my HHKB that I’ve used for 6 years straight now. I just built my first PC in many years and my HHKB is going back to being a dedicated office keyboard. I also ordered a set of Topre dome replacements (BKE heavies).

I’m worried about the CTRL, I’m concerned it’s a meme — but I like the easily swappable switches, so I guess we’ll see.

>GMK keycaps
go back to geekwhack tard

Attached: F92D3D6D-B46B-487C-9B4A-AA86D397FDAF.gif (640x360, 3.2M)

nothing wrong with that. normies say they like blue or red because those are the only switches they've tried.

i actually prefer silver switches myself.

Got this two weeks back and have been practicing Stenography with it. It's actually interesting to use and I'm really liking it.

Am I cool yet

Attached: pplIFuT.jpg (5312x2988, 1.45M)

i always send my model m's with the keycaps in alphabetic order instead of qwerty

Attached: Fortnite+dance+music_b6b929_6941271.gif (500x473, 3.6M)

Is stenography still a thing? What's the need in the current year? I suppose it's still used in court? If they need to type in real time what some people are saying, can't they just record everything and then OCR like youtube's autogenerated subs?

sexy keyboard

Attached: tumblr_p2yrwnjNiK1tdhimpo1_540.gif (540x408, 1.99M)

Anne pro 2 or ducky mini 2 rgb?

Gat browns are the perfect switch for me and I've tried the meme heavy tactile ones.

I have a Ducky One and Zhuque Hotswap keyboards. I like the Ducky One's design and case better but I like how Zhuque is hotswappable (I have tons of switches and I swap them out periodically). Is it possible to put the Zhuque's PCB in the Ducky? They're both TKL.

Opinions on G413 for a first ever mech keyboard?

I fucking love this minimalistic aesthetic

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 109K)

I got my kailh jade switches in and I gotta say they sound nice, but they're not really heavy. They feel the same as the browns I have on right now. Kinda disappointed, might order the navies. I had blues before and kept bottoming them out easily.

isnt the ducky 2 mini much more expensive than the anne pro 2? If you can afford the ducky, I would go for that, but the anne pro 2 is quite decent as well. I used to have this 60% keybaord made by some weird chinese brand diryea or something like that that was based off of the duky 2 keyboard, it was a nice design and the feet were a nice addition to it imo. Its up to you desu and how much you want to spend.

doesn't look very minimalistic to me

Attached: NPKC-Blank-XDA-keycaps-Preonic-Keyset-Thick-PBT-for-MX-Mechanical-Keyboard-Ergo-Planck-Free-Shipping (840x508, 147K)

I've often wondered if a good quality membrane with a thick rubber dome sheet would feel the same as topre

who makes this? I like the modifier layout much more than the idiotic layout microsoft imposed on everyone.

anyone had a mech kb die on them? how did it fail? I've had my Filco MJ2 w/blacks for 6 years now, feel like a change but can't justify it when current kb still works fine

I spilled water on my Razer^tm BlackWidow^tm Ultimate^tm Stealth^tm, got all excited for buying a new keyboard and now it fucking works again after I've all but decided what I want to replace it with

anyone want to buy it? it's a perfectly fine keyboard, I just want different switches - razer x kaihl orange is the same as mx brown and I'd like something more tactile

Becoming a court reporter and sometimes do live captioning.

>Razer

yeah yeah I know gayman brand and shit
evidently it's one of those Razer products that doesn't break easily, so if anyone wants a decent keyboard with backlighting and mx brown equivalents for cheap, let me know

Thanks:) the Anne pro 2 would cost the same as the ducky because of shipping and stuff to where I live so I think I'll go with the ducky when the stores release it here

I'm thinking of getting an ergo keyboard. Thoughts?

Attached: mayuko.png (1136x656, 1.39M)

Reminder to not waste your money on a keyboard collection when you can have an amp and/or pedal collection

Minimalistic designs don't have to be stupid.

yes but get one that is split with columnar stagger

You gotta be kidding me. The projected ship date was late July. Checking my email now.

live captioning is done by computer, for tv subtitling at least

Not always.

Late june if you were part of the first round. If it's the second round then yea I think it is july.

This to be honest.

Attached: IMG_20180926_161728.jpg (2802x1634, 1007K)

Attached: 13291910484598.jpg (3000x2000, 1.55M)

I also prefer brown although i can barely feel the difference between brown and red.

Idk how a full-size keyboard with LEDs is minimalistic, if anything it's larger than membrane alternatives

that specific keeb is the KMAC with win keys, but most custom TKLs have that layout.

Attached: KMAC LE winkeyless.jpg (3472x2604, 1.72M)

You can just spring swap instead of buying navies, it's the same thing. Surprised you don't find the tactility much sharper and larger than whatever type of browns you have though

got a link?

>muh touch type

lmao go get me a coffee, karen

I really want a retro looking kB but I have no luck finding any in stock

considering robbing my local museum

Attached: IMG_20190420_143710136.jpg (4032x3024, 2.65M)

m8 even 10 year olds can touch type. if you're under the age of 30 and can't you're literally retarded

nah, you're just trying to attribute value to a valueless skill

Just get the maxkey blue/grey set.

This to be honest. Don't they still teach kids how to touch type in school?

I went to elementary school in the 90's and we never had anything remotely like that.

says the retard. my 12 year old sister can touch type so I'd value her opinion over yours anyway

Weird, they did at my school.

99 bucks? Holy fuck

Maybe I'll just buy a Leopold

is this shit just a meme or...?

No, it's quite comfortable to type on actually. Being more comfortable to type on is the whole point of getting a fancy mechanical board imo.

I was in middle school in the early 2000s and we did have touch typing classes, and by then our computer lab was already outdated

Cheaper than it would've been if it was from SP instead.

Might have just been my district. This was the same organization who kept swapping stuff around in the math curriculum and ended up with two grades of children who were never taught multiplication or division.

>You'll learn this next year

>You should have learned this last year

They did something similar in High School, ended up reading Catcher in the Rye three times, and missing most of the other books in the 'boring books in English class' starter pack

so you grew up as a retarded?

???

>bureaucrats trying to flaunt how good shit is and passing the buck when reality hits them
At this point I'm not even surprised anymore.

Are Brown switches good or shit?

Never bought a mechanical keyboard before but I've got a lot of money to burn. I've tried some friends' cherry reds and browns before and disliked how linear they were. Should I get the kbp v60 with box navy or jade switches? (I'd get the v80 but it's not in stock)

Attached: IMG_5332.jpg (1200x2600, 828K)

go full meme and pick up a reproduction model F77

Is it worth it to spend 130 bucks on your first ever mechanical keyboard?

Not tactile enough