Ryzen 5 3600 king of ST performance

Ryzen 5 3600 king of ST performance.
$200 beats Intel's best offering, with more cores on top of it.

Never expected to see this happen on a mid range CPU. AMD's mid-range is beating Intel's most expensive highest clocked chips. Lol.

Attached: R.I.P. Intel.png (1600x1200, 327K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=AMD Ryzen 5 3600
cpubenchmark.net/compare/AMD-Ryzen-5-3600-vs-Intel-i7-9700K/3481vs3335
cpubenchmark.net/compare/AMD-Ryzen-5-3600-vs-Intel-i9-9900K/3481vs3334
cpubenchmark.net/compare/AMD-Ryzen-5-3600-vs-Intel-i5-9400/3481vs3414
cpubenchmark.net/compare/AMD-Ryzen-5-3600-vs-Intel-i5-9400F/3481vs3397
techpowerup.com/256842/intel-internal-memo-reveals-that-even-intel-is-impressed-by-amds-progress
cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-9400-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-3600/m735306vs4040
cpubenchmark.net/compare/Intel-i3-2100-vs-AMD-FX-9590-Eight-Core/749vs2014
passmark.com/about/index.php
m.youtube.com/watch?v=eu8Sekdb-IE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fake

C O P E

>Cope
cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=AMD Ryzen 5 3600

>low tier shitty silicon low end zen2 cpu outperforms high tier intel desktop cpu at same clockspeed
it's over

Attached: 1560272954466.jpg (267x297, 18K)

>>>low tier shitty silicon low end zen2 cpu outperforms high tier intel desktop cpu at same clockspeed
user, no.
Ryzen 5 3600 boosts to just 4.2GHz, while the 9900K boosts to 5GHz. Imagine what the Ryzen 5 3600 would do at the same clock speed.

We're talking a score that would be around ~3500 in single thread on the AMD side...

i was talking about the OP benchmark, looks like the 9900k was capped at 3.6 base clock

Wait for pissmark patch goyim

Attached: 1506977929561.png (200x200, 45K)

>looks like the 9900k was capped at 3.6 base clock
The heading doesn't indicate the speed it was actually running at, but the speed the CPU model is specified for, which is why it says its base clock.

That's not how it works.
That's just the base clock speed, you don't see i7-9900K @ 5.0GHz in windows explorer when you check system properties, the @ 3.6GHz is coded into the CPU's name and that's why it's used.

The single thread test runs a single threaded workload and the CPUs boost for the workload, resulting in the AMD clocking a core up to 4.2 and the Intel clocking a core up to 5.0 as they're designed to by their manufacturers.

To benchmark at their base speed would be utterly ridiculous since the boost frequencies are part of the product and used in every system resulting in real world gains.

already 3 samples. kiketel is finished

if you put an @ before clock, I assume thats what the processor was running at when testing

HOLY SHIT what the fuck PATCH IT NOW

cpubenchmark.net/compare/AMD-Ryzen-5-3600-vs-Intel-i7-9700K/3481vs3335

Attached: 1542027477262.png (807x745, 205K)

You'd be assuming wrong.

LOOOOOOOOOOL

cpubenchmark.net/compare/AMD-Ryzen-5-3600-vs-Intel-i9-9900K/3481vs3334

>synthetic benchmarks

>on fucking pissmark
LMAO, Intel is really finished.

>4.2ghz vs 4.9ghz
>6c/12t vs 8c
>65W vs 95W
HOW WILL INTEL EVER RECOVER
not always, really depends on the benchmark and specs

Attached: 1561133458953.jpg (224x250, 10K)

But it's proven to be not the case in literally almost all software.
If you're familiar with CPUs and benchmarks it's obvious.

I know it's not intuitive and it is dumb. Look, I'm not defending the stupidity but this is strictly Intel's fault for putting base clock speeds in the CPU's literal name. CPU-Z and such, Speccy, HWMon, countless other software read the CPU as "Intel ____ @ ___" and not "Intel _____". AMD doesn't do this retarded shit, so it's not a problem for them.

Intel dun goofed and the industry isn't bending over backwards for them. It's on Intel to stop doing this retarded shit.

>intel gets btfo in their own benchmark

You could just specify at what freq the cpu was running and if overclock etc tho
fucking tech youtubers get that shit done

Total passmark score for the 6 core zen is 20000+... Amazing. The 2700x scores like 16000.

Close to 17000

literally you
literally intel memo tier

Attached: intelmemo.png (1114x107, 26K)

real world applications are the only benchmarks that matter

literally the memo
hello Intel employee

Attached: intelmemo2.png (1128x146, 37K)

woah, what the fuck?

The memo is fucking hilarious.
>we're getting buttfucked in HEDT
>we're getting buttfucked in servers
>we're getting buttfucked in desktop, but we can ((((update)))) some programs so they perform better on Intel
>but well, we still have laptops!
The replies from engineers are even better, they know they're fucked and they have most likely known from years that this would happen and how to avoid it, but management is fucking braindead.

AMD's upcoming entry level 6-core CPU for $200 scores higher in Passmark than AMD's second fastest HEDT 12-core CPU for $800 from two years ago. Are CPUs -finally- moving forwards again? It feels like we've been in an improvement slump for almost ten years.

Okay, so if i understand you, you're saying that Intel is working with other companies to improve their synergy? I see even less of a reason to buy AMD if it's simply the worse product for the intended work. Why would a guy that works all day with Vegas buy AMD hardware if Vegas works best on Intel for ANY reason?

They don't specify the frequency, though. They just list the name of the CPU alongside the results. It's not their fault a base clock speed is included in the processor's name.

AMD doesn't have this issue.

> THE GOYIM KNOW, SHUT IT DOWN!

>this company is so successful at gimping their competition so that they can rape their customers for money, i'd better buy their products to reward their good work

>Why would a guy that works all day with Vegas buy AMD hardware if Vegas works best on Intel for ANY reason?

Sounds like a problem with Vegas, lmao.

It's not that it works better. It actively seeks out and makes competing products work worse.

It would be like two cars get gas at the same gas station but the pump detects car one is a Mercedes and gives it the premium gas to keep it functioning at it's peak. While it detects the second car is a Ferrari and pumps shitty economy car grade fuel hurting performance and fuel milage. All because Mercedes paid the gas company to give preferential treatment.

>all these idiots ITT who don't understand the concept of the megahertz myth

>>all these idiots ITT who don't understand the concept of the megahertz myth
Uhh, what?
I don't think you understand it. What are you trying to say?
Nobody is saying Intel is better because they're at 5GHz, we're all aware MHz isn't everything.

>Are CPUs -finally- moving forwards again? It feels like we've been in an improvement slump for almost ten years.
We have been.
The 2600K is still a viable CPU in terms of both single thread performance, power usage, overall performance, and overclocking and IPC. That came out in 2011, AMD only really caught up to its Single Thread with Ryzen 2000 but now they've beat it. AMD took 8 years to noticeably BEAT THE 2600K's IPC. We've seen many improvements in overall performance but single-thread performance and IPC has been relatively stagnant between generations.

Anons, please just wait until 7/7. As far as I'm concerned, everything posted is lies. The 3600 WILL be an incredible good CPU, but don't fall for any fake hype. If this were true, then why didn't AMD themselves put up the 6 core vs. the 9900k?

Should I get the newest AMD Ryzen 2nd gen or the latest Threadripper?

there are 3 runs, they are fact even if they are deceptive (as in no official confirmation)

but yes still wait. as for why amd sandbagged? probably competing at price points.

>why didn't AMD themselves put up the 6 core vs. the 9900k?
They didn't want to be responsible for shaming Intel, and left it up to the consumers to do it themselves.
Plausible deniability, and all that.

>As far as I'm concerned, everything posted is lies
the cpu has literally already been reviewed
this is the SC score at stock with 3200mhz ram on beta BIOS x470...

Attached: file.png (850x491, 154K)

>The replies from engineers are even better
I didn't see any of those in the memo. Sauce?

Reminder Zen2 has 15% higher IPC and DOUBLE the cache of Zen

Zen 2 was meant to compete with Intel's 10nm really.

Attached: untitled-11.jpg (725x268, 28K)

>intel 10nm desktop cpus delayed
>more comet rocket lake housefires in 2019
>amd will already be on refined 7nm+ in 2020

Patch it goyim

cpubenchmark.net/compare/AMD-Ryzen-5-3600-vs-Intel-i5-9400/3481vs3414

AHEM

cpubenchmark.net/compare/AMD-Ryzen-5-3600-vs-Intel-i5-9400F/3481vs3397

Oh wow Intel really is the poorfag brand now.

techpowerup.com/256842/intel-internal-memo-reveals-that-even-intel-is-impressed-by-amds-progress

Just wait till Intel shows up with their dedicated GPUs.
Then we will see what's what faggot.

How new are you?

>only GPUs matter

I haven't seen Intel in such a bad state since Presshot days.

I though passmark was Intel friend. Why do they betray them like this?

Wait for (((patches)))

OY VEY
PATHWAY IS TOO EFFICIENT

Over 500 score @ 4.2GHz

Attached: untitled-6.png (725x725, 235K)

Really curious to see the big boys 3800X and 3900X @4.5GHz+

Attached: untitled-5.png (725x681, 269K)

do you need PCI-E lanes and memory bandwidth?
then get threadripper 2
do you need fast encoding and other CPU intensive stuff?
then get the r9 3950x

TOO EFFICIENT, THIS IS ANTISEMITISM

I guess soon Intels own benchmarks aren't going to matter anymore either.

Alright, this convinced me. I thought cinebench was some one-off but it doesn't look like it anymore. Definitely buying AMD now.

Intel's new benchmarks will ensure they remain on top. How will they work?

If Intel=pass, if not=fail
Performance, who needs that? Intel is a premium brand!

Forrest Norrod said that in a recent interview
AMD was perplexed that Intel couldn't deliver
Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake

AMD couldn't violate Sun Tzu if they tried because by the time they got their plan ready Intel will have already abused AMDs attack vector against themselves.

>margin of error: High
Kek

AMDrones using LN2 to jack up scores

Passmark doesn't matter

Laptops outship all desktops almost 2 to 1. So yeah, they do still have laptops. And they still have servers, the reason they're not selling is because they literally cannot supply enough after they messed up their supply chains. Intel isn't really in trouble market wise

Sorry but you are either retarded or work for Intel. Intel isn't losing market share especially in the enterprise server segment? Do you post from some parallel universe or something? Or do you just post from Intels HQ?

Reminder that the pictures in that benchmark had blurred cpus, seemed fake to me

>Intel isn't losing market share especially in the enterprise server segment
No one said that you dumb nigger. Point is intel is still selling all of their supply. AMD is getting marketshare because of market expansion, not replacement. In other words AMD isn't seen as the superior option, they're seen as the offbrand

it only says that due to the 3 samples, are you stupid?

those numbers aren't coming out of thin air

>Intel in second place
Press K+F to pay respects

Isn't it crazy how literally every single Zen 2 benchmark has been done with LN2?

Could be shill strategy to mislead buyers into forking over shekels for Ryzen 3000 before actual reviews arrive

There are no clockspeeds, no info on memory used and the sample size is too small

The only legit leaked benchmarks are the spic one but the dumb spic used X470

If the 3600 really beat the 9900k there's no way on Earth AMD would pass the chance to advertise it but they did not so everything that claims otherwise outside of reputable third party reviewers are just talking ass

I see the shill defence force arrived. You really don't even try anymore do you?

>muh ln2
Fuck off retards

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-9400-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-3600/m735306vs4040

Doesn't look like a 9900k killer to me, which gives more credence to that Passmark bench using LN2 or the most expensive Samsung RAM.

Attached: Screenshot (1).png (1447x1090, 291K)

Thanks

lol Intel stuck in America and Israel designing shiddy chips while AMD’s Chinese backed investors from Boston help destroy its (((competition)))

>all three samples are LN2
Can you cope any harder?

Even bulldozer had more ipc than sandy bridge.
Inb4 nah s8ngle core was more on 2600k
Ipc doesn't mean single core performance, you retards.

Attached: 1550002598950.gif (317x178, 3.64M)

This shit does matter. Then again Zen 1 was limited more by propagation delays than by heat.

Why are inteltards so mad about this?
Nobody forces them to buy the cheaper and better alternative cutting edge tchnology cpu.
You can keep your kike bridges from last decade all you want.

Attached: 1558037333839.jpg (750x702, 96K)

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

TAKE MY MONEY AMDDDDDDDDDDD

Attached: 1534202547238.jpg (1280x720, 33K)

>Even bulldozer had more ipc than sandy bridge.
Sandy Bridge still ran laps around Bulldozer.

Here's the flagship bulldozer that came out over 2 years later and consumed over 3x the power compared to the entry level i3 2100.

cpubenchmark.net/compare/Intel-i3-2100-vs-AMD-FX-9590-Eight-Core/749vs2014
Keep in mind the i3-2100 ran at 3.1 without any boost and the 9590 boosts to 5.0. The 9590 has an effective 60% faster clockspeed and doesn't even net 10% faster single thread performance.

When people talk about IPC they are referencing the common instructions people use for software. It doesn't really matter if Bulldozer had newer/added instructions and could process twice as many of them alongside older ones if it never translated into increased performance. Bulldozer was a fucking flop dude.

The greatest part can be found here
>passmark.com/about/index.php
>intel software partner
That's like having a Holocaust within Israel

Attached: th2.jpg (474x464, 39K)

I am talking peak about reaching peak IPC and getting cpu saturation.
Even that Dr. Professor Cucktress is transcoding 260p clips to cripple ryzen performance.
>m.youtube.com/watch?v=eu8Sekdb-IE
Checks wendell's benchmarks.
Back then everybody said "nobody streams", "4cores are enough for everyone", "obongo good"
And look at us know.

Attached: fasd.png (550x373, 217K)

mental gymnastics. If they had a $200 product that outcompeted the 9900k in its own game (SC), they would have

How retarded are some of you? Occam's Razor.

OH NO NO NO GET THE ROPE

>When people talk about IPC they are referencing the common instructions people use for software.
Also, I am not interested about peeple's mosconceptions.
Peeple are stupid.
IPC means instructions per clock.
IPC varies per binary
The theoretical peak IPC is what the cpu designers targeted and it's the number of instructions per core per clock * core count.
Bulldozer had the best cache design which allowed it to feed 8 pipelines and now it has been copied by intel on their zion cpus. 3/4 of zen are bulldozer.

Anyhow, I am not gere to school you about computer architecture. I am here to have fun with your incompetence.

Attached: 1553954866112.png (512x407, 35K)

$300 more for 13% more performance with a benchmark thats preferential towards single threaded performance.

none of these synthetics will translate to the only reason to buy zen 2, more gaming perf. if you have ryzen or zen+ keep it, if you're considering building something new get either ryzen or zen+ if you're on a budget or intel if you want the fastest gaming cpu. zen 2 seems like a pricey midway solution, a reasonable all-rounder, much like previous ryzen cpus, that will prove disappointing, relative the the cost, for gaming.

$500 vs $300

>it's real
reminds me of when threadripper topped the charts and pissmark had to change their benchmark to make it look worse

Attached: llia.gif (457x486, 1.93M)

>and pissmark had to change their benchmark to make it look worse
And just watch, they will do it again.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DELID THIS THREAD THESE BENCHMARKS ARE ANTI-SEMITIC HATE SPEECH!

Exactly, people getting hyped for a big let down

Attached: 1560205086482.png (2470x1265, 1.63M)