Why does the backside of my processor look burned out?

I circled it, it's a deeper shade of gold than the rest of the chip. What does it mean?

Attached: Discolored.jpg (1079x1076, 291K)

its just a smudge wipe it off with a damp towel dumbass

>intel
kek

I'm gonna try wiping it with a dry cloth instead, wait one.

Kek

You have probably touched it there.
It's nothing to worry about.

use rubbing alcohol, evaporates within ten seconds and is perfect of wiping off smudges especially the ones caused by greasy fingers.

Didn't work. I shorted my motherboard earlier, you think the discoloration is due to that?

Use a soft eraser and than clean with isopropyl alcohol

Attached: B16002_2048x2048.jpg (1316x1316, 71K)

Also, what's all this white stuff all over the contact pins? It's not thermal paste, I'm not that stupid.

Attached: White stuff.jpg (762x590, 140K)

It's oxidation you moron

What's that now?

Your CPU is Indian

Jesus christ child, I'm hoping you've got chemistry classes this year.

My old AMD boards didn't have it, is it a cause for concern?

Yes. CPUs don't last forever.

Come on, this 8700 is barely a year old. CPUs last forever, my old Athlon ran for nearly a decade.

That's what you get for being an intard. Intel intel probably used fucking bronze for the contact pins instead of actual gold.

Just hang on as long as you can with this piece of shit until zen 2 CPU/MB prices go down a little.

>8700 is barely a year old
You have a defective CPU and you're out of warranty man. That's what you get for buying Intel, sucker.

Tbh I got it for a good price
How's it defective? It's got two years of warranty left.

>It's got two years of warranty left.
No, you don't. If you damage the coating in the pins, you void the warranty. Most often the cause is that they use an alloy instead of gold, and it corrodes by itself; but that's still your fault for all warranty-related stuff.

Nah I didn't do anything, they can't jew me like this. Besides I'm still waiting for my motherboard to come back from RMA, I don't think the processor is faulty. I broke two pins on the board and shorted it ten days ago lol

they can't jew me like this.

Attached: 1504371793502.png (300x300, 126K)

>they can't jew me like this
wanna bet?

>I broke two pins on the board and shorted it ten days ago lol
This will only make you look more guilty and retarded anyway. You don't stand a chance.

Should have bent those mofos back into place with a scalpel.

Use Propan-2-ol instead

oh it's you.

damn, user, how are you still alive with your peanut of a brain...

how the hell do you short a motherboard?

>On today's show we'll begin by restoring this old C64. First, lets start by hot wiring this power supply

Attached: 8bitguy2[1].png (752x442, 548K)

He didn't use standoffs in his case and he mounted his cpu cooler wrong, the backplate was touching the pins on the motherboard, oh and he power cycled his pc endless times. I'm sure something broke down the line.

Your room is too humid and too hot. Put some of these inside your pc case.

Attached: silicagel.jpg (800x800, 42K)

>Intards

every time

Yeah it's bruned

Squirt some 99% isopropyl/ethyl alcohol and rub with an earbud for a minute. If that didn't work, drip some vinegar and wait a few hours, redo alcohol. If that didn't work, buy hard flux aka rosin aka colophony, put a chunk the size of the black pitch, drip some alcohol and rub gently. Drip until it starts dissolving, then bring a lighter above to melt it for 20 seconds, as long as you don't touch the flame, it is completely safe and well within soldering temperatures. When it melts, do the alcohol rub until you get a clear CPU.
Colophony literally extracts (sucks away) low-mid grade oxidation as it melts.

>how to start a housefire

You have to be the clumsiest son of a bitch to not melt colophony safely. Okay OP just get a wax candle and melt some wax from up close, then remove. It will be just as good for those white spots on the CPU and 100% safe.

>how to brick your CPU by dripping hot wax on the contact points

You can't brick a CPU unless you break the transistors inside. The platings on the contacts can withstand anything short of sandpaper or metal wick.

Maybe I shorted it when I shorted my motherboard and that's why it's charred like that.

Oh shit you're back topkek

Just trying to do it right this time, none of my friends have a z370 board so I can't test it. Guess I'll pray that chip won't blow my pc up.

if it works, it works. If it doesn't, remove all traces of tampering and RMA asap.

it's cum

Not possible, not enough current flows through to char a CPU.