Jony Ive leaves Apple

Sir Jony Ive is leaving Apple after 30 years.

Say thank you. Everything you see around you has been influenced by him.

Attached: og[1].png (1200x630, 317K)

Other urls found in this thread:

apple.com/newsroom/2019/06/jony-ive-to-form-independent-design-company-with-apple-as-client/
youtu.be/e1KD7DdnRb8
theverge.com/2012/7/26/3189309/apple-sony-iphone-design-inspiration-iphone-4-looked-old
nitrocollege.com/research/details-of-debt
theguardian.com/technology/2014/mar/17/jony-ive-apple-chief-of-design
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: D-GLIi3UYAEBz5y[1].png (427x242, 31K)

Jony, fuck off, no one cares. Go back to your shitty island and choke on a cock

Big, if true.

Attached: 1rbyxi.jpg (500x332, 59K)

itoddlers btfo

Will they go even more extreme now on "muh thin, muh aluminum" cancer?

I hope we get an iPhone without a camera bump now.

Although Jony Ive had the most active role in the design of the iPhone 4, the pinnacle of phone design in general, and it was only as his role diminished that we got camera bumps and notches and other horseshit.

PRESS S TO SPIT

Good job running apple into the ground

Attached: 1297463845596.jpg (320x353, 37K)

Isn't he just the narrator of those corny ads?

I remember when Steve Jobs pulled out the iPod Nano from the tiny key pocket in his jeans (the really small one)

I also remember when Steve Jobs pulled the Macbook Air out of an envelope.

Good shit.

Attached: D-GOTQzXsBAgWyW[1].jpg (595x318, 39K)

i remember when tim cook pulled this out of his anus

Attached: mac-pro-gallery3-2013-2.jpg (556x501, 14K)

At least it was something new even though it was trash.

We're still stuck on shitty ATX that hasn't evolved in ages.

I'd rather have something that's old and boring, but that works and is well understood and standardized, instead of having something that's shit but different.

>Sir Jony Ive
lol, never heard of that faggot
>apple
irrelevant shit is irrelevant

OP is a fag

>I'm happy that our relationship continues to evolve
read as: Johnny is sick of Tim Apple's shit and quit

can one man be any more cockney looking

>tfw

Attached: ive given up.jpg (233x264, 21K)

iTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1548214156649.gif (500x491, 376K)

goodbye alyouminium man

Attached: longathan ive.jpg (580x580, 129K)

>No Jobs
>No Wozniak
>No Ive

Apple is dying.

Attached: Satania Poster BTFO.gif (320x180, 1.13M)

ATX master race forever, there is literally no reason to change it.

god i fucking hate cancer zoomers and their medical requirement to be constantly stimulated

Attached: weoi8.png (233x264, 32K)

Honestly is this gonna screw Apple?

He's still going to work with Apple, just no longer as an employee but as a contractor. He's forming his own independent design company.

apple.com/newsroom/2019/06/jony-ive-to-form-independent-design-company-with-apple-as-client/

Attached: jony-ive-profile.jpg (1600x1000, 209K)

>He's forming his own independent design company.
that scares apple, his reputation for his designs means any products he makes outside apple will be a direct threat to apple

I dont even know what he did.

Wasn't apple just doing what all logical economic entities do by removing all vestiges/quirks/expenses by making the most singular standard thing with no vestiges? Basically white bread?

I dont understand why he even had a job. Was it just to put marketing spin on that economic force?

you still need somebody to actually design a product, you think some AI just magically makes all these designs?

Apple probably made him sign a legal document saying he won't do designs for Apple's competitors, both current (Samsung) and future potential ones (BMW).

> proceeds to steal all his designs from braun.
kill yourself, you talentless cunt.

100% accurate

It's all the ADHD pills, adverse effects.

I mean didn't he reach max level?

Remove every piece of whatever the item is laptop etc, until you reach the "form" of laptop with as little stuff possible. No bells no whistles, just pure form.

Mission accomplished? What else can he remove aside from himself?

ic people and rf people are corrupt prove me wrong

His design direction was only good under Jobs supervision.

#EndOfAnEra
ripip

Is Apple seriously on the downs or has Apple indoctrinated enough basedgoys that they will buy Apple's products indefinitely?

No, other guy got promoted

>Williams has led the development of Apple Watch since its inception and will spend more of his time working with the design team in their studio.

Is it just me or is anyone else having problem starting a new thread on Jow Forums?
It keeps saying 'Upload failed'

Attached: 1560902308413.jpg (1100x619, 55K)

Alright Jow Forumsentoomen. It's time to lay down some hard facts. Everyone people call a genius at Apple are in fact morons. There is a genius at Apple, and he is single handedly responsible for all of Apple's success. More on that later.

Steve Jobs was a complete fucking retard. Technologically illiterate, and plain illiterate as well. He couldn't code, he couldn't design, he couldn't do shit except throw a tantrum when he didn't get things his way. 99% of Apple computers and devices overheat and kill themselves, it has been this way since the 1980's and it's entirely because Jobs was an autistic retard that hated fan sounds. Look it up, Jobs literally sabotaged the Apple III with his autism, and horrifically crippled the entire Mac line up to this day.

Next, Woz. Yeah, he seemed a pretty cool dude, he grabbed a bunch of off the shelf parts, slapped them together, and called it inventing a computer. He's a diamond dozen. He was nothing special. Just another cuck drone that kowtowed every time Jobs threw a tantrum.

Then we have Ive. The "designer." Except, he's never designed a thing in his life. Every single product Apple has crapped out since the 80's are near 1:1 knock offs of products from other designers. Every single Apple design from 1980-2000 were knock offs of Braun products from the 50's, and once Ive got bored of those, he ripped off Sony to create the Macbooks and then the iPhone.

Every single one of these "geniuses" at Apple are total retards who have their heads so far up their asses it's not even funny, and not one of them has any idea what they're doing.

So lets get down to the real genius. That man is Phil Schiller, head of marketing. Look at that fucking name, Schiller. Despite Apple products overheating, bending, exploding, crashing, looking like cheap knock offs of other products, and fucking up in every way imaginable for 4 decades, he managed to convince hundreds of millions of people to buy that trash. That's real genius.

Attached: 1554110351930.jpg (676x646, 41K)

The real geniuses behind Apple's success are Vannevar Bush, Joseph Licklider, Bob Taylor, Doug Engelbart, Bill English, Alan Kay, Butler Lampson, and Chuck Thacker. Steve Jobs stole their ideas, heavily watered them down and sold them in a package that doesn't scare normies away.

absolute kek

Attached: btfo.gif (420x420, 1.38M)

He will create his own design company and get Apple as a client.

Are you using canvas blocker?

It's about time, hopefully things will change

Non compete contracts are bullshit and unenforceable. He only didn’t do that work while he was at apple to preserve his relationship with his boss. No court enforced non compete claisss

It's because of the iJeet spammer. Apple related words are literally filtered if you try to create a thread from a mac or iphone.

Only if they’re in reach of shore

Well most people buy their iPhone as a fashion accessory, so if he’s replacement isn’t very good it could be a problem.

youtu.be/e1KD7DdnRb8

Apple can claim copyright over design language and prevent Ives from making designs that Apple thinks are evocative of Apple's products. Remember the $600M lawsuit that Apple won over Samsung that ultimately boiled down to the radius of the rounded corners on Galaxy S2 vs iPhone 4?

it's a fucking slab at this point

as long as it has a piece of fruit on the shell it will sell

100% BASED

Rip jony apple

pretty clear he’s doing it solely to be able to influence design in fields that Apple can’t or won’t do - like cars.

Attached: EB5B5661-8499-47AF-AD6D-96D96EF59B5F.jpg (600x400, 23K)

I'm sure a car company or two might commission him, but Ives design is already a derivative of Audi's to begin with, and cars are always very tricky and fickle (almost nobody has been able to crack car design after building their career in a different segment of industrial design). I suppose one of the chink car company might manufacture a few Jony Ives car as a halo product, but not mass manufacture them.

based

Imagine an Apple car
>hood welded shut
>have to exchange your car whenever you need new tires or an oil change
>$1000 cup holder option, can’t fit anything bigger than a small Starbucks coffee

At this point Apple should just buy Tesla

no wonder catalina looks bad

>2029
>drive home in new apple car
>forgot if i locked it
>go out and press lock button
>alarm goes off
>can't disable it
>neighbors start coming out and staring
>spaghetti spilling out from my turtleneck
>try to get inside apple car with touchID
>forgot AppleCar X has no touchID
>try rubbing unlock gesture on door
>spaghetti sauce smearing everywhere and it doesn't work
>in tears now
>stand in front of apple car
>faceID blasts my face with headlights
>face not recognized because tears and spaghetti sauce
>consider smashing open the windows
>realize apple car has no Windows
>spaghetti flowing like a cascading waterfall
>kick apple car in absolute desperation
>door bends and pops open
>Siri: alarm system malfunction
>I FUCKING KNOW
>try to start apple car
>face not recognized, please enter apple car password
>butterfly keyboard pops out of steering wheel
>enter password
>incorrect password
>butterfly keyboard is double inputting certain keystrokes
>incorrect password
>S key won't work no matter how hard i press
>incorrect password
>in absolute tears at this point
>smash keyboard with head over and over again
>pasta sauce and tears splattering everywhere
>incorrect password
>finally just type root and press enter twice
>engine starts
>tears of agony turn to joy
>start backing out of driveway
>still feel neighbors staring
>radio playing some really annoying emo band
>turn vol to min
>press vol down again to make sure
>radio lets out massive screeching blast then silence
>Siri: radio malfunction please visit nearest Authorized National Apple Lube store
>drive 800 miles to nearest ANAL store
>yeah looks like your radio is busted
>you probably drove it wrong
>we're gonna have to replace your radio, tires, transmission, and engine
>that'll be $20,000
>leave ANAL store rubbing my sore anus
>get automated text on cuckPhone XLIIII from St. Steve
>Remember, A[?]t Just Works!
>th-thanks steve

Attached: 1532165514854.png (1036x1402, 378K)

S

Attached: Cum_downloads.jpg (1280x769, 243K)

[S]

Attached: 1517803178608.jpg (731x620, 196K)

(S)

Attached: 1509893107522.jpg (778x788, 68K)

What's that suppose to mean?

*Honk honk*

Press S to spit on grave

S

Broke motherfuckers lease flashy gadgets through a carrier that will gauge them line access fees or take the device away?

I know somebody on food stamps this second that
-leases a new iPhone every year
-leases a new LTE Apple Watch every year
-leases a new lte iPad every year

Does not have
Car insurance
Her own yard
Cloths that fit her child

“I can’t afford it my bills are too high”
This bitch is going to put her kid through some busted ass school system so she can have a new iPhone annually.

Ugh

Bonus yikes, it’s always the fucking “$700” version of the watch too...

Considering how Bloomberg claims that he essentially half-assed the last 4 years, does that mean that we'll see more design abominations like the fugly 'speed holes' Mac Pro?

he was more involved in designing the insides of the products I would say. Designing simple working exterior is piss easy since everything is minimal, but designing internals where everything has to fit is a nightmare

This may actually kill Apple.

He doesn't look too bad for a 30 year old boomer.

That was to be expected, apple products are horrible, this dude is out of idea and shoulf fuck off elsewhere.

>Phil Schiller
holy shit

kek

Lmao, Apple is officially a poverty brand.

Ive caused that.

>original
yeah sure

Attached: braunvsapple.jpg (500x518, 53K)

theverge.com/2012/7/26/3189309/apple-sony-iphone-design-inspiration-iphone-4-looked-old

lol no

thanks for shitty design on mobile apps.

His last good phone design was in 2011. iPad Pro is nice but ruined by camera bump. Macbooks still have gigantic bezels, and Air got fans. Cheese grater looks cheap and while the trashcan had awesome design, it didn't fit the thermals (not sure how much its his fault)

Sure the UI design is still on point but most of it was done around 2014.

Don't seem like the guy has anything left to give.

The 4 was great design. Everything died after Jobs did.

It makes perfect sense though. Most Burgers are going to die with massive debts either way, not even 10% are going to have any chance to pay it back, no matter what. Might as well spend like a motherfucker.

nitrocollege.com/research/details-of-debt

Attached: DD7F9A0F-971E-4DCB-9E16-7467374756F9.jpg (1024x1279, 238K)

Copying Dieter Rams is not a job.

What ethnicity is this woman?

N

You burnt out my throat while drinking club soda.

>everything in house must be white, marble, stainless steel because future and apple n shite
>sterile, minimal, organized, bland, shit

>great design

Attached: 1542512142281.jpg (400x291, 23K)

He should start his own company that's nowhere near Apple's lawyers. Good luck in your future endevors anyway, Jony. Genuine respect and thanks for leaving Apple.

> From an Android user

Attached: ipad_21055_funny_android_apple.jpg (1024x1024, 31K)

>Everyone loved the PowerMac G5/Mac Pro cheesegrater design
>Don't want the trashcan so much
>Pay homage to the G5 design with something new, even more modular, think people qill take it as a token nod to an old design they all loved
>"LMAO DUDE HAHA IT TOTALLY LOOKS LIKE A CHEESEGRATER LMAO FML SO FUNNY"
>Quit

>5 years ago, Jony Ive said he would only leave Apple if it stopped innovating
theguardian.com/technology/2014/mar/17/jony-ive-apple-chief-of-design

Was the $999 Pro Stand his creation?

I hate apple products but admittedly even I love Phil Schiller. He can make the most stupid and retarded shit look cool and exciting.

literally spend an eternity fighting your own refelction un inbreakable mirror with a trowel

Just in time to suck Steve Jobs' dead dick