I want to code my own music management software (unbloated itunes) through the summer, but have no idea where to start...

i want to code my own music management software (unbloated itunes) through the summer, but have no idea where to start. Where do i start? Which language would you use? What do you use for making UIs?

Attached: 1556042018518.png (1200x1527, 80K)

Other urls found in this thread:

irregularwebcomic.net/3313.html
beets.io/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ncurses

just use AIMP, you autist

Attached: Untitled.png (563x760, 37K)

Why? This already exists in 900,000 different ways. What do you need it for? Also, you're asking questions that imply you know absolutely nothing. There are mountains of languages and GUI toolkits in the world. It will take you a damn long time to choose, learn one, and develop a music player with a library function.

i want to practice tho

i know java, python, c and clojure. did basic UIs in QT aswell. I just wanna practice.

I'd start by making a list of your favourite music manager softwares and why you like them, then you've got yourself a features list
If I had any clue what to do I'd make a cross between cmus and rhythmbox

Attached: cmus.png (409x409, 181K)

also, just because there are many doesnt mean it can be done better or better personalized

Start with a list of features in should include
Check which libraries you need and if you might have to write your own "library" for the project
Developed a structure how the software components should work together
Often a gui design helps to make clear when what has to happen, incorporate this into your structure
Start developing core features and slowly add component after component until you're finished

what the fuck is OP's image

irregularwebcomic.net/3313.html

Make a checklist retard

looks like the decay of a K- particle. Or scattering. Most likely in a magnetic field since you can see some curves from which you can judge the mass?

Take psychedelics and write it in your head

Um, just use the file system? You know, subdirectories?

>directories
haha look at this dood

python with Tkinter; you can do that in a couple days

You can get inspiration from beets
beets.io/

I want to code my own book management/note desktop app. Like goodreads but offline and open source. What do? Or are there things like that already I can use?

Attached: 1557906843167.jpg (640x775, 67K)

Since the K is one of the lightest particles, it's not a decay, but a K- interacting with something (here: a proton). It's actually the discovery of the Ω- baryon.

Just say featureless, not unbloated.

javascript is the future