Go back to school at 26 for a new major since my field is just stress, boredom and more stress

>go back to school at 26 for a new major since my field is just stress, boredom and more stress
>was considering CS for a while and went IT instead
Holy shit I dodged a bullet, I wasn't sure before but every fucking thing I read about CS
>programmers hate their jobs overwhelmingly
>extremely political and full of trannies/women ruining offices with their office culture bullshit despite not actually contributing anything of value and if anything demoralizing their productive employees (relative to other fields)
>extremely high competition and ageism (latter even for people who graduated "on time") for jobs
>school doesn't teach you anything useful for jobs (again relative to other fields) but every job ever wants an extreme knowledge of multiple programming and scripting languages
>need to constantly stay up to date with all the current new meme languages
I get maybe five years ago or so, but holy jesus christ why would anyone want to get into CS now

Attached: serveimage.png (728x494, 180K)

CS is the new Mechanical Eng. Everybody thinks it will pay shitloads of money because you only ever hear about successful engineers making bank, and not the poor fuck who has to spend all day designing a new motor for ceiling fans making $35k a year because literally any graduate can do that.

Man i remember wanting to study Mechanical Engineer a couple of years ago and i searched a lot about jobs about it and it was all so fucking shit..like..literally design or re-design mechanical parts, ChemEn is way more cooler, sadly there aren't many jobs and my brain isn't that capable.

My real life friend is doing well with it but ME does seem like a bit of a meme

I was considering IT first, realized it was shit, then i thought about doing CS but finally switched to electrical engineering/automation/control systems and now i'm unemployed fuck because there is literally 0 work 0 jobs in that area in a fuckign part of europe i'm living in. There are a lot of CAD underpaid (below average national pay) jobs that are mostly filled with interns, students and brainless kids because everyone can draw lines in autocad nowdays.

Whole tech is a meme, not just CS.

what's the difference between IT and CS

>realized it was shit
Depends highly on the speciality, security is pretty good right now along with data science but that one's a bit less stable
In the real world CS is programming and IT is everything else (plus some programming)

Damn near every field is a meme at the moment im afraid
Get yours any way you can

IT: networks, systems and shit
CS: codemonkey

I'm in undergrad for math, what am I in for?

300k starting

CS has been a meme for years now. People just didn't realise because they didn't want to see anything but the 150k$ code monkey Google jobs.

Shitposting aside, unemployment. A math minor is one thing but a major is kind of useless

Kek
Damn, does the graduate path matter any? I'm currently town between two different options.
>Master's in CS (whole program only costs about as much as one more full year of school.)
>Law School (cost is huge but already have a job offer waiting for me to go to law school)

>CS
I wouldn't for reasons in the OP. I'm doing the same with IT currently
>law school
You will never have free time again in your life

>CS vs Law
How is this even a fucking question?

mech eng is only a good fit for extremely creative people

the great irony is in how competitive the program is to get into, it's the most sought by far so only the highest GPA 1 dimensonal thinking spergs get into it

Best to double major with physics then get a masters in some field of engineering. At least if you want to make money.

Because they're radically different fields of study with career futures that don't really intersect much.

CS is just code monkeying and it will die sooner than people here want to realise. 150k$ entry level code monkey jobs are not sustainable. On top of that it's absolute hell to work in.
Sure law is exhausting too but you'll get much better pay long term and you already got a job lined up. This really isn't a hard choice.

Who /InfoSys/ masterrace

Reminder that IT will be the next one on the chopping block in no more than 10 years.

What about ce?

CE and EE will soon enough be just like CS. Retards here it's easy money and flock to it till it's completely overrun.

>CS
>school doesn't teach you anything useful for jobs

Not the purpose of academia; go to a technical college or take "applied" courses if you want job training.

IT isn't going anywhere except for brainlet pajeet jobs
Again, relatively

>IT isn't going anywhere except for brainlet pajeet jobs
That's what they said about programming. Then all the programming jobs became brainlet pajeet jobs.

Except they aren't all brainlet pajeet jobs, just anything that pays well is taken because it's an over-saturated meme field

Which is exactly where IT is heading.

Do you have any reason for saying this besides it happening to CS

I once had to attend a mandatory course and it was only about gender politics.

I wish I was born 10 years earlier

FRIENDLY REMINDER THERES A LARGE EXCESS OF PROGRAMMING JOBS AND IF YOU DONT HAVE A ONE ITS BECAUSE YOURE A PATHETIC BRAINLET

>going to school to learn to code/IT
LMAO just learn online and pass a cert test you literal goyim

But user if it's happening to CS CE and EE it must be happening to everything else too!

im studying to get ccna or something like that uwu

>more companies are moving toward cload-based virtualization instead of local servers/datacenters
>people are starting to realize that CS is flooded but still want easy money from tech, IT being the next thing most people go to
>colleges in general are moving away from filtering out the chaff and are instead focusing on pumping out as many worthless degrees as possible
>India is still shitting out children in the streets like there's no tomorrow
The writing is on the wall, user.

>ITT: Every degree is shit, if you like something you're a faggot, you won't make it in life no matter what, drop out of uni today and do online courses and be a NEET, your profession and anything you want to do in life is a meme

Have you fags ever considered that the reason you're all unhappy is because you're fucking bitter as fuck?

Not a single person that graduated from STEM, that I know of, is unemployed. They all make decent/good money. Are you going to be a millionaire? No, but you can make a good living and in a few years you have the potential to earn a very good amount of money.

>t. someone who actually has a fucking job

Attached: 7894f669d0980.jpg (692x658, 47K)

>IT being the next thing most people go to

People don't even have a fucking CLUE about what IT is, all they know is about programming, literally NO ONE shills IT except for that beard youtuber that doesn't even have a lot of followers, besides when it comes to networking you can't just "outsource" the job with like programming.

I know a lot of people with ChemE degrees that aren't happy at all and switched to programming stuff becausee they couldn't find a job and im talking about USA

>ITT: Every degree is shit
I'd say I'm sorry that you are retarded and have negative reading comprehension but I was told I shouldn't lie. And your anecdotal evidence isn't an argument.

Just minor in math and take the econ pill.

t. IT-brainlet

Whi actuarial science here?

Attached: 1503169011309.jpg (1920x1080, 215K)

>>colleges in general are moving away from filtering out the chaff and are instead focusing on pumping out as many worthless degrees as possible
This is the biggest fucking problem right here.

People who complain about not having a job are the ones who slept through their freshman data structures course. I literally knocked out a CS minor in a summer and fall semester and it's easy to get into leet coding. You just need good personal projects and not sperg out during the interview. Most of you fags are Unix autists so go and commit to open source projects to get some experience.

What comfy jobs can i get with a cs degree?