If you started a fire with these would it be undetectable?

if you started a fire with these would it be undetectable?

Attached: high power laser..jpg (1330x1200, 72K)

A wise man would point it at a breaker box so that the breaker box was blamed instead of some asshole who literally tried to start a fire with a fucking HP laser.

But a laser won't cut through the metal of a breaker box. You'd have to put a termite on top of the box and point the laser at that, then it might work.

i guess it's more the fact that a laser doesn't leave any fuel?

build yourself a big ass laser with a car battery backpack. and you might be able to pull it off.

I'm no techie, but aren't all fires detectable?

Attached: 1446578314216.png (389x500, 256K)

If you already have physical access to thermite it what’s the point of using the laser

I have a purple one. You can't really start a fire with it but you can burn holes in paper and solo cups. Light a cigarette if you want to ruin your retina

One can generally detect a fire, yes.

Any jedi master worth his salt would be able to detect its use

not by humans, which is why fire detectives are a mandatory part of building code.

what i mean by undetectable is. if you could start a fire with it without some kind of obvious liquid. or powder.

will this knowledge be used to criminal ends?

insurance fraud maybe. you could start a fire with it and get a payout. or blind people with it.

Laser can be determined as cause of fire, it's not as easy and might not be looked for though

yes if you use a uv or ir high power laser.

Any retard firefighter would be able to track the origin of the fire. Spontaneous combustion without accelerants is suspicious as hell. If your laser is strong enough, it'll also leave a small circular burn on the surface of the material which is a dead giveaway.

set yourself on fire and stand still.

They would notice.

Thank god we have someone with brains here.

Well to start a fire you would prolly point it at wood and the hole that it burned would just be ash no?

I'd rather use an infrared laser.

depends if technology is advanced enough to detect the use of lightsaber crystals.

I think it would be pretty visible at the point of ignition just how ludicrously hot the 'thing' which started the fire.

invisible maybe (if you use infrared), very hard to prosecute, but prolly not undetectable.
mane the shit you can buy on ebay these days

get a 5w laser and it will cut through anything
bonus points: get universal laser goggles and point the laser at your eyes

Use it near electrical sockets etc
A fusebox or something

termite dumbass, can't you read

But you'll kill the termite with the laser so net effect == 0.

You have eloquently displayed your ignorance.

The word you want is traceable. Detection simply means that one can sense the existence of it.

they'll just see it was externally started, assume its arson, look for sus shit. probably easiest way to get caught

yeah officer there was a guy down the street holding a laser where the fire started for like 20 minutes.

ok thanks citizen thats what our spy satellites told us, just testing

Gotta blame it on the termites!

Instructions not clear. Built obelisk of light. Some dude named Kane wants to buy that tech.

go back

laser light can't melt steel beams

>But a laser won't cut through the metal of a breaker box.
you're just not using a powerful enough laser

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1280x720, 89K)

Things tend not to burn evenly. They would be able to trace the fire back to source and if they find a piece of mostly burned wood with a circle that's more significantly charred on it they might be a little suspicious.

Redpill me on lasers

Attached: images - 2019-06-27T132345.964.jpg (480x639, 19K)

Found underage.