What smart phone company do yall fanboy over?

What smart phone company do yall fanboy over?

For me it's Samsung. The best phone company.

Attached: 1561688645458.jpg (1682x880, 143K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_eFUSE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_Knox
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Based Sammy.
Never fell for notch shit.
Never fell for removing 3.5mm.

And still matained a micro sd card slot

moto Jow Forums

i have a couple of samsung devices but i don't want to fall into the habit of praising their shit, because i would like to be able to uninstall their bloat, and i can't.

only difference between being assfucked by samsung and being assfucked by apple is, apple charges you more. neither one supplies lube.

>never fell for notch
>instead puts a camera hole in the middle of the screen

Samsung makes shit phones. The only reason they’re popular is because of their shitty back room deals with carriers to be as aggressive as possible to push their shit.

Nokia, and Motorola both have better design sensibility

Samsung just fucking reads macrumors and races to beat apple to the “punch”. Unoriginal. Sad!

I’m glad smartphones are boring as fuck these days and this kind of thing doesn’t boil my blood lime it would have five years ago.

Good hardware, dogshit software.

It's a Sony.

Huawei. Based chinks give 50x zoom and ISO 409600 in a phone camera. Also the fastest skin on Android.

One UI is okay. Lots of customization

xiaomi, cheap, straight to the point chink phones

Attached: FB_IMG_1558905611828.jpg (720x572, 39K)

LG.
They undercut Samsung by a good margin, have good displays, better OS skin, high quality DAC for 3.5mm audio

i like samsung's music player/camera and browser app so will always prefeer them

Purism and Pine64

>Never fell for notch shit.
>Never fell for removing 3.5mm.
Except they did.

None. They all quit offering what I want.

This, still using it after 5 years, only needed to replace the battery once.

Sony.
Foss software, allow unlocking and maintaining a OEM hardware warranty. (not telco obv)
Release sources.

>samsung
Enjoy your locked bootloaders with Knox.

samsung makes great hardware (that i will agree)

but their software piggybacking on android sucks, too many things can not be uninstalled but only disabled, and that goddamned bixby & bixby button, i should be able to remove the bixby software and remap that bixby button to do whatever i want like just answer the phonecalls or mute, or some other simple task it can come in handy for

I am the biggest Apple fanboy. I buy only Apple products, i think the iPhone is the best smartphone ever

Attached: 1560828791152.png (1920x1080, 2.96M)

>samsung
>locked bootloaders
Are you retarded?

can knox be defeated so a third party android be installed and the phone still be functional as a phone and wifi?

i have a S9+ and i would love to get samsung's crapware off of it

Unlocking signals Knox to burn a fuse in the CPU.

Go ahead and unlock your phone and then try and get a warranty return after reflashing stock image and relocking.

They will see that a fuse is burned and deny your warranty despite it being 100% restored.

Microsoft uses the same concept in the Xbox.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_eFUSE

Which is what killed unsigned firmware/Jtag downgrading to vuln versions.

Yes.

No warranty is broken in EU because it has nothing to do with hardware. You can fix software yourself. And I've never in my life seen a person use warranty other than for devices that are broken on day 1.

I still can't find an excuse to part with my Mate 9 even after all these years.
It is literally as fast as the day I got it.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_Knox

>e-fuse

Samsung Knox devices also use an e-fuse to indicate whether or not an "untrusted" (non-Samsung) boot path has ever been run. The e-fuse will be set if the device is booted with a non-Samsung bootloader, kernel, kernel initialization script or data. Rooting the device and installing a non-Samsung Android release will, therefore, set the e-fuse. Once the e-fuse is set, a device can no longer create a Knox Workspace container, or access the data previously stored in an existing Knox Workspace.[7] This information may be used by Samsung to deny warranty service, in the United States, to devices that have been modified in this manner.[8] This is the case even though, in the United States, voiding of consumer warranties in this manner may be prohibited by the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act of 1975, at least in cases where the phone's problem is not directly caused by rooting.[9] For some older versions of Knox, it may be possible to clear the e-fuse by flashing a custom firmware.[10]

OOOOOOOOF

>where the phone's problem is not directly caused by rooting
So non-issue

/thread

right now it's Huawei coz it's been a chore to ungooglify all that preinstalled google software from modern phones but now it seems that I don't have to worry about it anymore with Huawei.

The Blackberry, Motorola, and Nokia of circa 2006

>Never fell for notch shit.
The hole is arguably worse than a notch

Snapdragon Galaxy phones do have locked bootloader