All of you AMD Bois better buy the 8-core 3700x with 32 GB of DDR4 overclocked to 4000mhz minimum in order to play any...

All of you AMD Bois better buy the 8-core 3700x with 32 GB of DDR4 overclocked to 4000mhz minimum in order to play any new game after 2020. The 6 core 3600 won't cut it.

Attached: Screenshot_20190627-222306~2.png (1076x1421, 155K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DcV0N35Q1Pg
youtube.com/watch?v=Sg0Qbu_WYds
hooktube.com/watch?v=VfYfkx1NdMI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Huh? Even a 2500 can play modern games dude, you don't have to 1:1 with consoles since PC have options you can tweak.

I am buying a 3700X but you def won't need 32GB of RAM

A 3600 is plenty for gaming
t. 8400 owner

How realistic is this anyway? If the CPU and GPU total like $600 for the piss 5, how are they going to sell it for ~$400 after all the other expenses like storage, RAM, PSU, custom cooling, R&D, etc?

I mean obviously they're going to sell these at a loss but this seems pretty unrealistic to me tbqf.

Wrong my 4690k @4.5ghz is at 100% most of the time causing massive frametime spikes and stutter and texture pop up. Pic related is what happens when I get 1 star wanted level. Fps drops. Game developers like R* are shit at making PC games so you need the beefiest CPU you can get.

Attached: photo.jpg (1920x1080, 823K)

You know the ps4 and xbox one both have 8 core CPUs? Cores aren't as important as people think. 3600, 8700k, etc will be fine for gaming for years to come

People still fucking game on Q6600's in 2019, it's a bottleneck but just youtube Q6600 2019. You'll see plenty of people still playing in the 50-60 range at 900p with ease. Most had gotten the DDR3 boards, but a GPU upgrade here or there goes a long way.

You aren't maxing shit out, but it will be more than playable

>GTA runs weird for me
notto disu shitto agen

The PS4 and XBONE used fx-8350 8thread CPUs clocked at like 1.6ghz-2.3ghz at most. The new zen2 CPUs have hyper threading. Meaning they will get 16 threads with Intel coffee lake IPC. Obviously having the 3700x stock clock will be too hot for a shoe box console so they will probably around 2-2.5 GHz.

Nope everything will be console port.
t.gayming since 2004. I still remember how bad it is when ps3/x360 till now ps4/xonex release, PC requirements it just doubling the amount of console.

Contract for the next 4-5 years which mean continuous money and AMD can offer it for cheap.

I have i7 920 that I got a decade ago the can still run most modern games at high settings

youtube.com/watch?v=DcV0N35Q1Pg

Most games are GPU dependent. CPU just isn't that important

>He isn't buying the 3900X

Still doesn't change the fact that my i5-4690k @4.5 GHz bottlenecks in games like GTA V or battlefield 1.

Consoles will still find a way to struggle to do 60fps

GTA5 runs like shit or runs amazing on various systems for no reason what so ever.

I have an APU 2 core 4 threads that when paired with a 1050ti runs it pretty damn well. Then my Laptop a i5, 16GB ddr4, and a beefier GPU runs it like fucking shit.

Also this, most shit still runs at 30fps. If you set your standards to 30fps, you'll be running your CPU for a long time.

youtube.com/watch?v=Sg0Qbu_WYds

GTA5 is around 4minutes, 1600x900 working and running well for him

I have a 2500k@4,9GHz and theres really bad fps drops in a bunch of games, I dont even play modern AAA titles.

The problem is that a bunch of modern games struggle running on 4 threads. Average FpS are fine but you get horrible framedrops from time to time. Anyone that bought an i5 before 2018 got shafted hard.

Attached: CoreletsSeething.png (759x656, 55K)

AMDfags tried the same muh cores muh consoles when the ps3 was announced as 8+1 cores and 10 years later 99% of games still don’t use more than 1-4 cores.

AMD shilling reaching new lows

>implying devs know what to do with all the threads

you've been conditioned with the new price of gpus.

pointing out that Intels articial restriction to 4c in the mainstream market has lead to a 2y old 220$ CPU not getting stable FpS in modern titles and performing worse than a 7y old i7 isnt shilling buddy.

Nice argument tho

it's just a shit engine
even ryzen 2000 has the same hitches in gtaV

Microsoft Flight Simulator is out in 2020 and it was always a CPU destroyer, so I'm going overkill this time. Simulation stuff almost always needs more power than your average cawdooty asscreed

Consoles are sold at a loss and they make it back by getting a cut from the games.

>Wrong my 4690k @4.5ghz is at 100% most of the time causing massive frametime spikes and stutter and texture pop up
Something is seriously wrong. I used 4690k up until recently and had 0 problems with it. GTA should definitely run with 60+ FPS. My RAM was OC to 2400 tho (and pagefile disabled).
Either way texture pop us is definitely not a CPU fault.

Same, my 2500k isn't cutting it anymore.

likely using a hard drive and too high of texture settings for it to feed

>DDR4 overclocked to 4000mhz minimum
Why would I gimp my CPU on purpose?
Peak infinity fabric speed is 3733.

>not wanting to be faster than infinity
Get with the times old man

Actually scratch that, the 7600k performs worse in AC:O than a fucking i7 920@4GHz that posted, said CPU is 8 years OLDER than the i5.

Of course certain people will claim that this is totally fine and I am an AMD shill.

I missed when consoles were using exotic components. It's very unlikely but I hope Sony adopts HBM and puts it to good use.

Attached: Sega-Saturn-Motherboard.jpg (2000x1840, 809K)

because desktop navi is overpriced to hell and back
AMD makes less than 1% margins from zen2/navi console APUs(not sure you can call that APU though, it's more like custom hybrid SKU)

an 8c16t with limited instructions in 50mil volume is less than $50. same with gpu.

for what purpose? it's barely got any use for compute, it has zero benefit for gaming, specially if scheme is the same with shared memory like in ps4

you think it's limited? it's easier to print same thing for everything like they do with epycs
I wouldn't be surprised if it got full sized chiplets in it, it's cheaper to do

"""""Custom AMD"""" means 8 cores @ 2.5ghz and an underclocked laptop radeon.

Should've bought an 8 thread cpu.
CHeck it out, my old as stone xeon 60fps guaranteed.
hooktube.com/watch?v=VfYfkx1NdMI

In bfv a 1600x 7850 2gb molested an ocd 2500k and ocd 2080.
Multiplayer obviously

The PS5 cpu is going to be locked at 3.0 Ghz so a 3600 definitely will cut it

GTA5 runs smoothly on my 4800mq/16gbddr3/ssd t440p with intel hd4600.
Something is wrong with your computer.

yes, and ps4 is clocked under 3.0 and has 10 years old low end GPU in it, yous till need 2080ti for 4k 60fps in modern ports.

>HD 4600
Well at least it's not potato

you clearly run it on console settings. try cranking those additional options up and installing texture mods.

Have you tried nuking smartscreen, windows defender, and maintenance services? Disabling spectre/meltdown mitigations?

there are programs on guru 3d that let you disable the artificial limits in games.
They notably enable you to play Metro games on hd4600.

i run it in low detail for sure, but it's smooth despite the extremely shitty gfx card

the ps5 gpu will probably slower than a 5700 xt and over a year later

Getting everything on a single board reduces a lot of redundant hardware, also the specs mean they can use their shitty yields for the consoles.

>already existing architectures so R&D cost is reduced
>no need for an expensive chipset since Zen2 has enough PCIe and Sata connections, maybe some cheap PCIe-to-USB chip.
>lowest grade Ram for CPU and GPU since it doesnt restrict performance that much anyway
>small power supply, extremly simplified VRM
>single, small PCB that can be ordered in magnitudes of hundreds of thousands
>all other parts can be ordered in huge numbers aswell (though from several manufacturers)
>same assembly every time, optimised for the last few seconds

Everything above sold at a slight loss since you get the money back through games and monthly subscriptions.

>exactly the same machine but with a different tin
what did sony and microsoft mean by this?

Attached: 1478234533303.png (1342x1080, 1000K)

It's not about the box anymore

All games worth playing run on toaster CPUs.

>they can use their shitty yields
>shitty yields
>AMD
what? it's not nvidia with their 500mm2 chips or intel with 14++++++ node on bingbus
chiplets and 250mm2(for console it will probably be way under 200mm2) will have spectacular yields

sure, does it matter for consoles? the spec doubles for consoles in practical performance. every time.

consoles use unified system memory running at low clock speeds you retard. Even if it is gddr6, their specs (meaning the density and clocks we can infer from what's been revealed so far) put them way below modern day CPUs, especially ryzen 3000, by a large margin. Member the PS4 launch? It had 8 gigs of ram running at 2700 MHz.
>B-But the PS4 used GDDR5

Stupid niggers coming onto this board. PS5 will have 3.5 GHz or less of memoey frequency running at CL15 or worse. You can quote me with this tripcode.

>intel is shit it can’t run X game
But I also use intel and it runs fine

>JUST install 3rd party unsupported mods bro btw pls buy AMD

Oh no no no

Oh because you happen to have a toaster PC?

sorry, my english isnt that great.

What I meant wasnt yields but simply their underperforming chips that cannot reach the advertised boost speeds on the desktop or mobile platform within their TDP and voltage specifications.

He's not wrong. What modern game that isn't crap runs only on high-end machines? PUBG?
Modern games are garbage. And the ones which are slightly less garbage consume fuck-all resources to run.

Simulators. Mods. Games that were optimized for old hardware and now needs more brute force to work on modern shit

HBM is great for gaming; it just didn't work out for Fury/Vega because existing software is optimized for bandwidth but wasteful of capacity. HBM would be perfect for consoles because software will be optimized for them.

>tfw decent PC but find myself playing only tf2, factorio, and super old city building games from my youth
I think the most demanding game I have on my hard drive is oxygen not included
I always default back to old games after trying the flavor of the month vidya

Unless you mean the simulators made by certain finnish devs, then who cares? Toaster PCs are for the most part old too. They can run old games just as fine. A poorfag with a GTX 560 won't get desperate over not being able to run Arma 3. He probably plays the older CODs anyways.

Why is this? Is it just the hyper threading, back when I got my i7 930 pretty much all of Jow Forums was saying the hyperthreading was pointless for games

I like my racing and flight sims. Also running auxiliary displays for guages or triple wide for seeing mirrors or the cockpit.

Literally go through steam's recommended list and you will 100% guaranteed end up with a game you like that's made past 2010.
Really you just need to stop being nostalgic and you'll see opportunities.

but I do, I just have a preference for those games, what the fuck does the year it was released on have to o with how enjoyable it is

>and you will 100% guaranteed end up with a game you like that's made past 2010.
Plenty, but they will run even on Intel GPUs.

Yes, and back then it was good advice. Until 2-3 years ago 4c/4t and 4c/8t CPUs performed pretty much the same in almost all games.

The change now is that some games have become so demanding that they put almost 100% load on 3-4 threads. Once something happens ingame that is resource-demanding (an explosion somewhere in battlefield or loading in new objects), the 4c/4t CPUs get clogged and the framedrop is much, much higher than on 4c/8t or 6c CPUs.

The worst part is that intel is currently doing it again - theres a good chance the exact same situation will happen again in a few years where the current 6c/6t CPUs will experience the same kind of issues while their single core performance is still fine. But since Intel first wasnt able to get 8c in a consumer CPU and now needs to sell off their old 8700k stock and milks their customers with their 9900k you have i5s and the i7 9000s artificially restricted to less performance, instead of simply making a Pentium 4c/4t, i3 4c/8t, i5 6c/12t and i7 8c/16t.

Fuck poorfags, simple as that
No money no gaming

I have a Xeon E5450 (Q9650) and run Witcher 2 and 3 with 40-60 FPS maxxed out on DDR2. I need Ryzen because 4x 4GB DDR2 is too damn expensive and rare

I had a i7-970 and still perfect for Cyberpunk 2077. How low Intel has fallen to see old stuff beat newer?

Sony/Microsoft aren't that stupid, I know it's hard to believe.

If they want to shill 4K/60FPS, they sure as fuck won't be dumb enough to build their hardware stack around something they know won't handle it right out of the gate.

they are even made by the same company(foxconn)

Post footage of you running through Novigrad in The Witcher 3 at 40-60fps on that CPU right now, or admit that you're full of shit.

Serious question: what do modern console games even do with all that power? The games haven’t changed at all in ten years

they're putting a 3ghz 3700x on it bruhhhhh
and navi 5700 mobile (2060ish equiv)
these are beasts

I'm not there yet but in average I am running at this framerate
Go on YT. It drops at 40 in heavy action

if you are blind, sure, games haven't changed
games haven't changed since tw3, I give you that. but that's just how dev cycles work 4-5 year gap between big, proper projects
I'd argue ACO nature and draw distance throw tw3 out of window though.

Attached: Dragon-Age-Origins-56e0a3b13df78c5ba05670f5.jpg (1600x900, 140K)

Attached: 20190607123643_1.jpg (2560x1440, 575K)

They better include a faster CPU this time if they wanna make 120fps.
PS4 Pro struggled to play Dark Souls 3 at 1080p 60fps, most likely because of the abysmally slow CPU.

>RAM
>GDDR6
Well not like it matters, people who buy consoles can't tell the difference between storage space and RAM, let alone between DDR and GDDR.

Attached: 1557018283612.jpg (221x250, 5K)

I have the xeon from that series. It should be weaker and it still works perfectly fine with the newest games on max settings. You fucked up somewhere retard

He isn't buying the 3950x

But I've already got a R5 1600

REEEEEEEEE

Jaguar =/= bulldozer pleb.

sony and microsoft are both using soc, the cpu will be clocked around 2.5ghz. an overclocked ryzen 5 1600 will bitfo.

The Xeons have 4c/8t, the i5 4c/4t. I (not the person you are replying to) explained a bunch of times in this thread why this is a problem.

Uh, which simulators made by certain Finnish devs?

Nope, Denuvo killed that for you. Games running it have about 40-50% CPU overhead. You need a hexacore at the bare minimum if you want to do 60fps in modern AAA (but why would you even play that).

Selling at a loss
Contracts with AMD on how many cpus to deliver, at a reduced price

>4x 4GB DDR2 is too damn expensive and rare
Did you check ebay?

my summer car

did you check that you know what the fuck you're talking about?

4GB DDR2 DIMMs are indeed all fucking over the place. And Intel chipsets of that era won't talk to them at all. (AMD boards will) If you want 16GB in a C2D or C2Q system you need special DIMMs with fewer ranks. Those are available, and when last I checked you'd be spending about $170 on them. For 16GB of DDR2. As opposed to the $30 or so a works-with-anything 4x2 8GB DDR2 kit costs.

This is true for 775-modded Xeons in consumer boards, too, since the memory controller was still on the chipset then. DP 771 Xeon boards used FBDIMMs. Which were a power-thirsty shitshow, but at least they're cheap since they come out of retired rack servers by the thousand. But you can't use those in a consumer motherboard.

>thinks anyone learned the lesson of 8th gen consoles

Attached: letsalllaughatanindustrythatneverlearnsanything.jpg (1280x720, 82K)

The 3600 will be stronger than the apus that are used in the consoles.
More cores does not matter much when they are weaker cores.

>you dont need

lets compare

jaguar
literally low tier shit clocked to oblivion and beyond with some custom very wide gpu

ryzen
probably clocked or locked to 3ghz and a wide custom gpu that can run typical ray tracing and ray tracing audio (true audio)

yeah i bet you will run the new games with some low shit....

the irony that you need to upgrade because of the shitty anti piracy

Ps4 has two quad core CPUs for a total of 8. Quad core pc gaming at high clocks was very tenable when the Ps4 was introduced.

Someone's mad their i5-7600k gets frame stutter in any game made after 2015 because 4 threads is obsolete.

Attached: 1542027477262.png (807x745, 205K)

my old cpu/mobo died and im a brokefag. Would I be better off getting an 8350 system and use my ddr3 or building a low end ryzen system?

one of the XBone revisions and the PS4 shared the GDDR with the CPU for system memory, dummy