Some audio

post your listening tech
no bully

Attached: 1557892833275.jpg (640x480, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

genelec.com/sites/default/files/media/About Us/Academic_Papers/2013_rose.pdf
community.genelec.com/forum/-/message_boards/message/907908#/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: 34EC4CFE.jpg (2592x1936, 1017K)

Attached: mid krell.jpg (1600x1200, 229K)

Attached: aiwa.jpg (1142x977, 399K)

Just sold these for 1000 Ameribux lads

Attached: 02.jpg (3024x4032, 560K)

Nice. I am a Krell man myself.

Attached: IMG_20190628_063705.jpg (4160x3120, 2.53M)

What did you replace them with?

That set-up must shake the entire neighborhood.

Attached: 1561695676441.jpg (1944x2592, 331K)

It does. Sadly, due to living in an apartment, I can't really blast it.

Just ordered Sierra 1s.

Can't take a pic right now but O2 and HD600's.

Attached: 1561655107296.jpg (416x506, 25K)

Damn it

Attached: 1558154555121.jpg (720x526, 55K)

Oh, well. Got a decent setup in my village home, and neighbours don't seem to mind metal.

From Ascend?

Attached: sierra-1-drkcherry_hr.jpg (968x678, 143K)

>krell amp
>giant speakers
>cannot crank it

UNACCEPTABLE

Attached: 1561697401852.png (604x534, 587K)

I meant, I can't crank it 24/7, 365 days of the year.
Don't you think I listen to old school metal on low volume.

thats better then

Attached: he-man.jpg (767x431, 48K)

And the neighbours never called cops on me. They call me first, to ask how much longer or to politely ask me to turn it down a bit. Which is fine.

Klipsch rp-600m. avid turntable and a NAD C338 amp. I feel now that i maybe should have gone with Hegel or Naim. NAD sounds kind of thin..

Attached: IMG_20190628_100554.jpg (4032x3024, 1.52M)

"NAD has moved away from old-fashioned linear power supplies and Class AB output stages to switch mode power supplies and Class D output stages."

hows the clarity of the system?

Mark Levinson

"All Class D amplifiers are essentially delta-sigma DAC’s. If the input is not digital PWM signals (aka "DSD"), but analogue audio, then it is also a Delta Sigma Analogue to digital converter...Now DSD (aka SACD) which to my ears fails to come close, never mind equal true PCM CD Replay in most aspects of sound quality, operates at 2.8MHz switching, or around 10 times as fast as common Class D Amplifiers...Why anyone would want to listen through an A2D followed by an D2A Converter that are around 10 times worse than single speed DSD is beyond me. But with enough hype and snazzy naming it cannot help but sell high and wide."

"The signal that goes INTO class D is NOT the signal which comes OUT. What comes out of class D is a modulated and filtered facsimile. That's why it has been pointed out that class D is mathematically, physically inferior to linear amplification. Of course, there are benefits to this trade-off, as always -- because class D doesn't amplify the input signal, it's also not amplifying unwanted components of the input signal."

Attached: 1212AM1fig02.jpg (600x412, 31K)

Its clear alright. But it does not have the oumpfh that i want or the warm sound. I feel now that maybe this amp is better suited as a 2-way system for a Home cinema. It handles base Great and The streaming works good too.

But yeah its really clear.

So where is this "Mark Levinson" peer-reviewed article and not this marketing bs on that matter?

All Praise The Schiit Stack

Attached: 4943688.jpg (1000x750, 149K)

Fuck no. back to plebbit.

Looks like its relieving itself one paw in the air like that.

genelec.com/sites/default/files/media/About Us/Academic_Papers/2013_rose.pdf

Attached: MUNCHYY-MOUSE-PINTEREST-TEMPLATE-2-9-2.png (735x1102, 295K)

Sweden?
Please use a diffrent picture at least.
Going bigger? :D

It literally says "no listening tests are presented" in this paper.

Switching amps wont do much as long as it's powerful enough and not producing a lot of noise. There are millions of factors to the sound, try angle your speakers outward more, try playing with the tone-controls on the amplifier, try some room treatment. There's a lot you can do that won't cost you any money.
Vart bor du btw?

Nope. But Europe.

community.genelec.com/forum/-/message_boards/message/907908#/

Attached: TB1GEisFVXXXXXUXpXXXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg (780x585, 471K)

(ethnic) Swedes don't have carpets like that. Most likely some eastern ex-commie shithole.

>turntable on the floor

My parents had one almost like that.
The floors look really Swedish, super popular over here. The Windows and outside looks like Sweden as well.

Harsh.

But true

Västmanland, har ingen ton kontroll på förstärkaren men har haft problem med den förut så funderar på att lämna tillbaka den. Har kommit till slutsatsen att HiFi-klubben inte kan sina grejer.

Well, it might be perceived as a shithole, but everyone who came to visit, loved it. I love it.

I live in one, the only positive is that all kinds of churkas don't flood here as much.

And where do you live, if it's not a secret?

Baltshits

Nä, HiFi-klubben här i stan är riktig cancer. Säljarna hoppar på en som iglar och en tidigare säljare har hotat med att sparka en kund xD

Fair enough.

>replace
I have another pair actually. When I bought those I was still living in a trailer house looking for a real home. Was going to do a full 5.1 setup with them but the basement isn't open enough in the house to use towers as sides or rears. Sticking with a 3.2 setup for now

>Going bigger? :D
Not for a long time. I only see myself getting Khorns maybe or Jubilee if I move to a new place

Fyfan, nej jag håller mig till hifi Experience i Uppsala. Kan tipsa om dom, handlar man i butik drar dom nästan alltid av en procent av totalen i kassan är bjuder på något, typ kabel eller godis dom har på lager.

home
>O2+ODAC to M1060
car
>LG v20 to car via 3.5mm
work
>LG v20 to NiceHCK DT600

Har lokal butik som kan fixa typ allt utom hifi-klubbens sortiment till bra pris :)

Attached: KuKZSap.jpg (4608x2592, 2.42M)

>All Class D amplifiers are essentially delta-sigma DAC
No. Based on voltage/current in continuous time. So, the junk harmonics produced by class D tend to look quite different from a DSM.
Though you can incorporate digital modulation directly, this does not make it necessarily a "digital" amp.
>DSD
While I do think that DSD is probably one of the worse ideas people have had and it just needs to stay dead, this is on a functionality basis.

I have only headphones, the QC 35, which are falling apart because I use them every day for hours.
In two weeks I get pic related, the Bose 700.

Attached: bose700.jpg (667x667, 29K)

I'd wager your "thin" sound has nothing to do with your amplifier and everything to do with your small Klipsch speakers and lack of acoustic treatments. Try moving stuff around.

Attached: l120a_2019_rez.jpg (2000x1333, 449K)

It's temporary. My other system is still in assembly mode, due to some upgrades. There, turntable is on top.

tell us what you know about small klipsch speakers

Can someone else make this thread, fuck this OP.

Attached: ipod.jpg (1479x1863, 525K)

That they usually have a pretty big woofer for their cabinet size, making them quite bright-sounding. This makes sense since it needs to keep up with the usually pretty sensitive horn tweeters.

I listen to some small Klipsch speakers every day. They sound quite neutral, but they also have their tweeters turned down 5 dB or so.

Attached: sentecinthekitvhen.jpg (2000x1063, 260K)

I listen to sp-uxt55 driven by a tda7492p

Attached: LEstasi-di-Santa-Teresa-dAvila-Bernini-Rome-Open-source.png (850x850, 1.26M)

Opinions on Dali?