Daily reminder that if your hardware supports it, you should switch to Windows 8.1 - the last good OS

Daily reminder that if your hardware supports it, you should switch to Windows 8.1 - the last good OS

Attached: win8_1.jpg (1000x695, 168K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/simplix-pack-to-update-live-win7-system-integrate-hotfixes-into-win7-distribution.45005/
majorgeeks.com/files/details/simplix_updatepack.html
gist.github.com/xvitaly/eafa75ed2cb79b3bd4e9
youtu.be/npTbXWRJ1vs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I've been on 8.1 since 2014. I have no intention of ever upgrading to Win10 until I'm forced to do so.

What does it offer me over Windows 7?

>imagine unironically using Windows in 2019

There is no viable desktop alternative
Good man
Far better stability.

not hard to imagine. 90% of the population does it.

I'm on Windows 10. Why should I downgrade?

>Far better stability

what a fukin joke

stfu

You shouldn't. Windows 10 is great.

wrong, the last usable windows version is LTSB 2016

>gentoo with 8.1 industry pro in a vm

Attached: 1559878194144.gif (320x289, 150K)

1903 is great lmao 8 is the worst windows ever

>tfw my surfacebook 2 refuses to update to 1903 for reasons unknown
I just want the light theme!

You shouldn't downgrade. You should instead upgrade to windows 7. The windows that wasn't completely bad.

my shit support it and it boots faster then 10. 10 is such a bloated mess that it takes it longer to boot.

I'm a cuck with a 9900k. Not worth going back to the 7700k, or jumping through hoops with the 8700k.

based

>I'm a cuck with a 9900k. Not worth going back to the 7700k, or jumping through hoops with the 8700k.
Why? What could you possibly need all that CPU power for? Hell, I believe most recording studios don't even have CPUs nearly as strong as those three you mentioned.

So I followed the pastebins advice and downloaded win 7. Soo I dont need any of these right?

Attached: Win7EnterpriseUpdates.png (1542x850, 65K)

I mean, I really only need 4-8 cores for le'gaming but the price wasn't much more for a 9900k so I went with it. I upgraded from a 2600k, the motherboard had died and decided to get new hardware.

My favourite OS but I was forced back to windows 7 , AMD stopped supporting windows 8 GPU drivers since 2014

Install individual security updates up until 2016, then run that telemetry update removal from github. Don't install any rollups either, they all have W10-like telemetry.

>using Basic bitch windows

>using Advance Telemetry™ Microsoft Windows®

Is there one for win 7? I just see the win 10 one on github

That's the masochistic way to install updates
Just use the Simplix UpdatePack, much faster and without the nasty telemetry updates

forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/simplix-pack-to-update-live-win7-system-integrate-hotfixes-into-win7-distribution.45005/

majorgeeks.com/files/details/simplix_updatepack.html

Attached: Simplix-UpdatePack-7-2008-R2_4.png (503x316, 25K)

gist.github.com/xvitaly/eafa75ed2cb79b3bd4e9
Last revision aug 16 2016, so it's best to simply avoid updates newer than that.

thanks

Is there going to be windows 11

Just upgraded my shitty laptop from wangblows 10 to 8.1, would use 7 but it doesn't see wifi connections for some reason. Maybe not supported for my shitlop?

Redpilled

youtu.be/npTbXWRJ1vs

Does Windows 8.1 still have the DirectX 9 VRAM bug? It's not in 7 and was fixed in Win 10.

8.1 has better drivers in box, no bullshit about USB or Wifi issues after a fresh install. More detailed Task Manager, right clicking the start button to open up literally everything faster than the windows 7 start page.

It also comes with a much faster file copying utility. Go ahead, copy that 200gb movie folder on 7 and 8.1, see just how much difference there is.

OP, there's some software and hardware that unfortunately, already doesn't work on anything but Windows 10 because they're assholes like that. Otherwise I'd happily do it.

I don't know why, but ever since a year ago on W10 I have had the same problem where every now and then the sound stutters and everything slows down for one second. It seems to randomly go away and go back, and always appears after a fresh install. On Windows 8.1, I don't have this problem. Not even after updating drivers in case that's the determining factor. So I don't know.

What's a game, besides bethesda garbage, that would have issues with such bug?

Software, really? Examples? And please don't fucking say Gears of War.

Judge me, but I like some Microtrash now and then (not Gears anything though). As far as I know besides WSL it's all gaymen shit that's not compatible with older OSes, and maybe adobe updating their products so some features only work on later versions of W10 as well. Regarding hardware, I cannot use my xbox controller over bluetooth on Windows 8.1, they designed it that way and that's that. Even though it works on linux.

Modded STALKER

DO you have an sd card installed in it? if so that's why, I had this issue my my pro2 at work today.

How to I become a chad like you

Attached: FB_IMG_1560347902267.jpg (600x350, 18K)

8.1 master race here.

No, and if there was, it wouldn't solve any of the problems people have with 10.

Yep I had a usb stick in my main pc all he had to do was search the error code

based. Unironically runs better then windows 10. Been using it since 2016 when i changed my old amd platform.

>Windows 8.1
>the last good OS
Zoomer detected.