What did yours turn into?

What did yours turn into?

Attached: circuit_City.jpg (767x575, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/yJl0XuDKSjc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Basically all the ones in my area turned into some furniture store or gutted and made into some competitor appliance store

“Halloween”

They open once a year to sell Halloween shit. No name, just “Halloween”

A vacant building. Just like every other in my dead town.

For me its Everest College

Attached: everest.png (1476x1056, 1.92M)

Looks dead. Art college?

Who owns this pile of shit?

youtu.be/yJl0XuDKSjc

>“Halloween”
>They open once a year to sell Halloween shit. No name, just “Halloween”
Spooky

One of those cheap colleges for blacks and poor people that probably isn't even accredited; This is in southwest chicago area

Strangely enough, it was divided into two stores. One was a Fry's Marketplace and the other was surprisingly a Blockbuster. Now it's just a bigger Fry's Marketplace

I’m sure it’s a front for something illegal

Attached: 0028C56F-BED3-4896-A8D5-FB02315833AD.jpg (500x300, 31K)

Hell yeah, our former OfficeMax becomes Halloween City in October then is vacant for the otehr 11 months

Attached: officemax.png (1139x911, 1.58M)

Attached: E28790F2-0491-4EF0-9E92-D8B4FD942BE4.jpg (535x300, 40K)

I never had one. Still have a Microcenter, though.

Last one from me

Attached: A42E1966-0E54-40E6-81A0-13EE2B2A0E8E.jpg (250x250, 11K)

A hotel.
There was a Funcoland, a Toys R' Us, and an arcade where the owner gave us free tokens based on our report cards a few blocks away too.

Attached: 1554137980591.gif (500x281, 1.76M)

Definitely illegal if your all the same guy

pic related

Attached: 1545421023438.png (1302x868, 2.39M)

Mine's an indoor karting track. I think I win the thread.

this is so sad

the one near my old town was a Tiger Direct place for a while. That closed and now its some kind of furniture/home goods place.

I'm actually a bit miffed about the loss of that Tiger Direct, because if I needed some kind of part today and didn't want to wait X days for Amazon or 2X days for Newegg to get around to delivering it, that was my only option unless I'm willing to drive about 80 miles each way on tolled highways. But of course the Best Goy in that same mall is still open. Twenty years ago they sold components too, but they haven't for a long time.

A hospital.

Attached: gateway-medical-office-building-10.jpg (1275x850, 154K)

Well, how about that shit. Just "Halloween".

I hate hotels with a passion. Get a fucking one story motel like a sane person. I prefer to have an unobstructed view of the sky and don't want the wind blowing shit of those 56 story walls.

Just realized this is some shitty artist's concept drawing of the hotel, this is the actual building. It's depressing as fuck and the tallest building around for 20 miles.

Attached: 1550393100504.png (1024x662, 1.51M)

Mine turned into a gym that nobody uses because we now have 3 in the same general area.

Attached: gold's jim.jpg (700x465, 273K)

Mine became a Whole Foods.

I mean, they tore the building down and put a new one up so it looks different, but it's still the same lot.

Attached: WholeFoods-Lynnwood-Store.jpg (600x399, 101K)

Mine became a Sprouts.

An organic food store. Honestly with the ease of online shopping, it was for the best.

Are you in Thousand oaks by chance?

that's not the store i miss

Attached: qDjfFW5.jpg (628x350, 66K)

>Circuit City
The only store that was worse than Best Buy

Ashley Furniture

I turned into a farmers market, which also adsorbed the store right next to it.

Abandoned stripmalls.

>Circuit City
It was empty for years after they closed, but now it's an LA Fitness
>CompUSA
Some low rent Chuck-E-Cheese style place for kids birthday parties, except they don't even have pizza

I don't know how Best Buy have managed to survive. I haven't been in one in probably 15 years. Fuck that place. I really wish there was a Fry's and Microcenter in my area.

>I don't know how Best Buy have managed to survive
There has to be some kind of book about this. I fucking hate Best Buy as well but the way they eliminated their competition and managed to survive is legitimately fucking epic. Any /lit/ anons take note. If this story does not already exist.

They started price matching online deals before everyone else did.
If there's an electonics store I hate more it's Fry's Electronics.
>"Yeah we can price match but you have to pay for the shipping so the price is about the same."

>I don't know how Best Buy have managed to survive
And I can answer this btw.
People often want to actually look at the picture on the TV before they buy it
They want to use and look at the laptop
They want to use and look at the phone
They want to play with the camera
They want to hear the audio system
They want someone to just fix their shit they fucked up, please anything fix it
And they need a ram module or a processor or a router right here right now for whatever reason.
What other retail location offers all that? Literally nothing by me, and I'm in NYC. But yeah still fuck best buy, I wish most of those were their own specialized independent stores.

I work Geek Squad and boomer ladies with too much money try to convince us to go in their houses for things that are made up probleme while the husband is either out or wears a black bathrobe while staring at us all intimidating like.
Being an asian manlet everyone looks disappointed when I'm the one that walks in.
I think best buy is a fromt for pimping my co workers to boomers because they are too stupis to fix things, it's the only thing that makes sense.

>because they are too stupis to fix things
This part is the only part that is true. What do you think your chad coworkers are giving a cut to bestbuy? lol

One turned into a furniture store (it was built later & used the yellow facade with the circular logo). I can't remember what happened with the other one, but it was the older style front. The CompUSA turned into some sort of other furniture store that then also proceeded to close & has been empty for over a decade now.
It's a for profit school that was heavily advertised towards lower income African Americans at some point. All the degrees are probably non transferable.