[sqt] - stupid questions that don't deserve their own thread

How do I modify multiple filenames in one folder so that only the last 8 characters remain and everything in front gets shadow realm'd?

Attached: Bildschirmfoto 2018-12-12 um 21.33.43.png (2560x1406, 2.22M)

Other urls found in this thread:

den4b.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=39TrhPSGE0U
chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/latest.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

with python you can do it easily

what's a good sandbox program for windows 10 ltsc? free preferably. are VMs the last chance?

sandboxie

it's paid though...

How do I get into sharing and trading old VHS recordings? I have no idea how to get into private trackers, or to make my own torrents. I have a handful of my own stuff I'd like to share

Totally out of date regarding PC hardware. Is a Ryzen 5 2600 and a RTX 2060 a good choice if I am interested in playing games like Squad on high settings?

Attached: 95D9DCB2-A923-49F4-A6B4-B49F4748B6AB.jpg (480x380, 59K)

>he forgot the OP

you can use it for free if you don't mind waiting 5 seconds each launch

Ant Renamer

oh, i don't care about waiting. thank you, on their site they aren't so clear about it.

visit Jow ForumsOpenSignups/

based, thanks user

Windows? Use ReNamer.

den4b.com/

Are there any guides on building programs from source and modifying them? I am an amateur and I want to learn more by tweaking programs I use but when I look at the source code I don't even know where to begin

Start with Python you will see fast progress
Don't start with difficult languages like C it will discourage you from learning

go to github and browse trending section for interesting projects and their source code

Attached: alright_PipBoy.jpg (150x150, 24K)

>W10 updates
>Now this shit appears
It's fucking useless, obnoxious and ugly, how do I turn it off?

Attached: garbage.png (525x160, 14K)

Using OpenBSD, apropos(1) doesn't find any manual page for ulimit and I'd like to set a higher RAM limit for Darktable.

How could I do this? It doesn't recognize the -v option.

Also: I added more RAM to my computer (4GB --> 8GB) and since then Darktable crashes (core dumps), sometimes telling me to "buy more RAM". Am I fixing the right issue here?

I have a problem that's been bothering me for almost a fucking year now and it's pissing me off because I have not a single fix other than getting rid of W10.

For some stupid reason something really similar to this (except much left often, maybe a few times a day) keeps happening:

youtube.com/watch?v=39TrhPSGE0U

Not exactly sure what's going on.

-Doesn't happen on Windows 7 or 8.1, or any linux distro, just Windows 10 1803, 1809, LTSC and even 1903.
-I did clean installs, installed drivers manually for shit that gets installed automatically by windows update
-I tried enabling message signaled interruptions on the registry
-I tried replacing the motherboard (I have two boards, one with the H81 chipset and another one with the Z97 one)
-Tried any overclocking and underclocking options I could safely use, checking latencymon (which randomly shows this, but apparently wdf01000.sys can be literally fucking anything hardware related, changes with anything connected through any USB port on both motherboards while it's being used)

I tried a lot of shit, upgraded my GPU and my PSU, same problems. I don't get it. Can anyone help me over here a little? I know Windows 10 is garbage, but there must be something I'm missing. Note the latency results are the same on previous versions of Windows, just I don't have the sound thing happen.

Attached: latencymon.png (1373x517, 37K)

I'd be sincerely surprised if Microsoft provided you an official way to turn it off.

If you didn't find anything in the settings app, from my Windows 8 experience, chances are you'll install a cheap, closed-source, shady program or that you'll have to wait for months in order for the issue to be fixed.

Alternatively, you may install a cool OS other than Windows, such as Fedora Linux.

I'm looking for the official Windows kernel docs. I may read it and help people to fix it.

what shit? that media section has always been there.
blame chrome for integrating with it, maybe dig around in flags.

spotify (from store) integrates with it by default and fb2k has an option to support it. I find it quite convenient.

I mean, to fix their audio problems. It seems to be a recurring bug.

>expecting contractual support for software you paid for

>maybe dig around in flags
I've never done that before, where should I go?

I found it for you, chrome://flags

Attached: 2019-06-28_09-08-23_chrome.png (762x382, 34K)

Holy shit, thank you user

Now stop blaming Windows for everything :^)

is there an ungoogled chromium with the new chrome ui?

Fine fine, for now anyway lmao

It's actually a really convenient feature though and supports multiple things at once. This is fb2k and the arrow takes me to Spotify.

Chrome's support is just half hearted.

Attached: uF1JAryksE.png (567x156, 49K)

Well like that, yeah it looks pretty neat, but chrome's is just gaudy and 100% worthless, if it's for a stream or youtube video, you're already on the page, you don't need those buttons.

on open media vault 4
can't do jack shit because can't update kernel for some reason, all other updates go through but not kernel
can't install plugins because of unresolved dependencies with unupdated kernel
kernel canyt update because inbuilt update utility reports it's own kernel data as corrupt
so I'm in a vicious circle with this
OMV forums are super useless
how do I fix this

update is linux-image-4.19.0-0.bpo.5-amd64 4.19.37-4~bpo9+1 or at least this is what the error code points to
this is present in the updates menu but if I try to install it gives out an error stating it is corrupt data

Attached: 1559056315604.png (1079x1081, 859K)

>if I try to install it gives out an error stating it is corrupt data
maybe a bad download, and the "updates menu" is too dumb to delete it and try again
might also be out of date signatures
delete the copy you have in cache and try again

OMV web panel only allows me to upload my own packages from desktop directory but it doesn't apparently take kernel updated like that
can't delete it either, it just sits in the update menu and never goes away

What's the best alternative for this shit?

Attached: SpeedFan_screenshot.png (447x511, 23K)

so ssh in and run apt directly, see what it says

Literally nothing.

What resolution and framerate?

if I knew how to do things like that I probably wouldn't be having this issue

bump

that might be true
ok, omv is based on debian, which means when you tell it's webui to update, it's really just talking to apt on your behalf, and probably not giving you the whole error message
assuming you're using windows, install or run this;
chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/latest.html
(either the installer, or just putty.exe)
enter the omv devices' ip and connect
login as root
run these;
apt-get clean
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade
if you get an error on one of them, post it

well I have OMV webui but also a monitor still attached to the OMV box where I can login as root and try doing things
I did all updated that were available thus far apart from the kernel one that fails, but I'll give it a go and post the messages

this is what comes out
running --fix-broken install doesn't do anything, tried it already

Attached: error.png (1220x860, 1.32M)

What cheapo SSD do I buy to use as storage for a Iodd2531 (virtual disk drive to boot recovery disks from) ?
Should I just get a cheapo Adata ssd or should I opt for a more higher end Crucial or Samsung ?

bump #2

fucking apt
how is
>linux-image-amd64 : Depends: linux-image-4.19.0-0.bpo.5-amd64 bust it is not installed
a good error message?
isn't installing dependencies your job, apt? if it can't be installed, tell me why it can't be installed!
glad i'm not using debian anymore

this is what it gives when trying to update through webui
note that I had to make a quick screengrab because it prints error afterwards over and over and you can't even read the log

Attached: webui error.jpg (1526x538, 159K)

this is how the update looks in the manager
every other update goes through with no snags

Attached: update.png (542x277, 14K)

this one gives an lzma error, the downloaded file is corrupt, delete it and try again

How long are LED lights supposed to last for before hey burn out? With heavy use like 16 hours a day.
Pic related.

Attached: 8F0021C8-17E5-4D8C-A390-A234072AF4F5.jpg (360x360, 14K)

how though?
there is no such option in OMV update menu
I can only check it, uncheck it and try to apply it

apt-get clean

It's entirely dependent on temperature. If kept cool enough and within operating range they last forever.

Speccy, hwinfo, msi afterburner.

did that from the OMV box, nothing happened
refreshed the updates in update menu and it installed this time
honestly I'm puzzled
rebooting it right now, I'll report back later after I run some checks

Thank you.

rebooted into kernel panic?
to my untrained eye it looks fucked

Attached: no init.png (1244x733, 1.27M)

is there an easy way to make my USB stick read only? I want to use it for recovery purposes on infected systems and don't want it to get compromised.

Are packages compiled from source actually more optimized for the individual system in comparison to precompiled binary packages?
Gentoo vs Arch

uh.. it looks like your /boot might have been full
didn't you get an error when it tried to update the initramfs?
also, doesn't debian keep the previous kernel around? boot from that if so
this is fixable

not sure, probably not since OMV is the only thing on an 120GB SSD in the box so far
it boots normally to a certain point, blue boot select screen with debian and debian (recovery) options and after the 3 second time limit is has by default it show that screen instead of regular OMV root login message
don't really know about debian since I'm pretty green with linux

i'm not new to linux, but i haven't used debian in a long time
i'm not sure what the recovery entry is, it might be the previous kernel, or it might be a fallback initramfs (latter probably won't work)
try it

only time I have any input now is when i press c during boot select to access grub (?) command line
I put in init=/usr/lib/systemd/systemd but it changed nothing

Wouldn't you do
rename *???????? ???????? *

How to host my own email server? Is there a handy guide? Say I have a registered domain, how to self-host the email?

might need to boot a livecd, mount your / and /boot, chroot into it, and regenerate your initramfs

what s the best new gaming laptop i can buy in yurope?

a debian livecd? OMV installation stick doesn't provide a live version

Just don't boot the infected OS.

yea, debian is fine
doesn't really matter what it is

How do I do BIOS recovery on a Dell machine? Already tried doing the ESC+ctrl to boot the Bios Recovery but that didn't work

bump #3

What would a good job title to look for Jow Forums, I have A+, Network+, and Security+. Also, I have PowerPoint, Excel, and word certs.

How should I go about undervolting a V56?

... wait you seriously have all that bullshit and don't know how to look for a job?

I just took a shower and came back and my computer had shut off. I turned it back on, then I heard a click, and it turned back off. Then it keeps trying to turn on and clicking back off over and over. I've done every possible quick fix from googling like resetting cables and memory, but it's still doing it. Other things google points to is the PSU. But it's weird because I just replaced my video card yesterday (from a gtx760 to a 1050ti) if that matters. I should also mention my computer was shut off since like february and I just now got around to replacing it because I didn't really need to use it for a while, as I had a laptop. It could be a few things and I don't know if my recent replacement has any impact on what it's doing.

I want to have a setup where I have 1 SSD with the OS on it, then 2 other SSD in a RAID 0 setup. How would I do this and can I do it without SATA bottlenecking me?

reinstall windows to get out of driver/update hell
make sure you're not overdrawing your PSU
make sure you're not overheating

after some reading I think I'll just install most recent debian and then just add OMV to it
OMV one stick install is so bug ridden it might now be worth bothering with having to spend so much time fixing it to update the underlying debian

It clicks back off after only 1 second. So if it's any of these I'm guessing it's overdrawing my PSU? So should I just go out and buy a new PSU and see if replacing it fixes the problem?

how many watts is it supposed to deliver?

Says 650W

you shouldn't be having trouble with power draw then
make sure it's not just thermals
if that doesn't work, reinstall windows without a GPU, then install the GPU and redownload gf experience or whatever they call their driver manager now

how can i do this when the computer shuts off immediately after turning it on?

How do you guys deal with random framedrops/stutters in vidya?

wait a bit before turning it on or measure the temp inside the case

If I wait a bit, it still shuts off after 1 second when I try to turn it on. It's been doing it for a few hours every time I try. And the temp inside the case is room temp because I can't turn it on without it shutting back off. Unless I'm completely misunderstanding what you mean.

no, you're getting it
take out the GPU and plug the screen into the motherboard instead

It'll be a bit before I do this. But could it be GPU related since I just replaced it? That would be very unfortunate.

the computer only started fucking up when you replaced the GPU so it's probably the GPU

That's a shame. It was working fine all day yesterday.

I've noticed the colors on my laptop look washed out compared to other screens. Watching movies, playing games, etc, everything looks so devoid of color.
Is there a way to improve this, or it's the screen's fault? The settings in the graphics card are default, if it matters.

Attached: zbt.jpg (225x225, 5K)

W-why does my ANDROID ONE phone connect to Xiaomi servers?

Attached: 6mup3y3ophd21.png (646x595, 269K)

What model? It's probably a shitty TN.

Is ffmpeg still outputting all information to stderr?

I heard there are "purely" functional languages.
How is this possible? I can understand a purely procedural language, but how can a purely functional one exist?

Following up on this. Now my computer won't even turn on at all when I press the power button. Just nothing. Should I assume it's the PSU now?

maybe you can increase color vibration or saturation a bit

any snap experts here?

I put my story to public and theres this person viewing my story but just see a name and I can't visit their profile or anything. Nothing happens when I click the name. I thought maybe i was blocked but if the person blocked me wouldnt that person be unable to view my story?

Attached: 42e625070bb896f165e9cf347c0d87d5-imagejpeg.jpg (657x527, 32K)

What image viewer is the best for high resolution images? (25-300 megapixels)?

Which image viewer can handle these resolution while not being dogshit slow?

Windows or Linux, idk

Attached: who is this.jpg (2430x3000, 355K)