Is there a better monitor for the adult gamer?

>£500, $900
>4k
>Supports Freesync
>HDR 1000 VESA certified, only a handful of other monitors support this one of which is the Dell Ultrasharp which is more expensive and a an IPS panel
>MVA panel for superior black levels comparable to OLED
>Reference level pre-calibration

tomshardware.com/reviews/philips-436m6vbpab-momentum-4k-freesync-monitor,5921-6.html

>Currently, this monitor has no real competition.

Cons: Not true 10 bit unlike the Dell Ultrasharp (8bit+FRC) and lacks FALD, so the HDR implementation is slightly inferior. Also the HDR calibration is slightly less perfect than SDR mode.
>High refresh rate not supported, this is a con for competitive gamers unlike me
>No Freesync 2 or G-snyc support, not a big deal

Note that all of these cons are addressed by the HP Omen X 65 Emperium, but that costs $5000 which is just a ridiculous price.

Give me one reason not to purchase this monitor.

Attached: FA_Inno-Hub-Jan-2019_The-Versatility-of-Philips-4K-HDR-Monitor-436M6VBPAB_woman-working-in-a-home-of (1000x650, 716K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/philips_436m6vbpab.htm
rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/c9-oled
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Forgot to mention:

>Absolutely huge: 43 inches

>adult gamer
lmfao fuckinng manchild

>adult
>gamer

Attached: 1513745563584.gif (280x358, 2.53M)

Ok just replace gamer with cinephile.

The point is i'm prioritizing image quality.

BASED AND REDPILLED DUMB TV WITHOUT A TV TUNER.

Absolutelly based shill worthy

43 inches is fucking retarded for a monitor

>VA panel
lol NOOOOOOOPE

Every non-OLED high end TV uses a VA panel for superior image quality, the imperfect color uniformity is only an issue if you are doing professional color work.

This display achieves a 4000:1 contrast ratio in SDR, you will struggle to find an IPS display that even reaches 1000:1.

>4k
>gaming
Meme

>audlt
>gamer
>4k

I ALMOST fell for it

i've been using one for over a year, and it's been fine for me.

I need a bigger monitor/tv (27" now) and I just saw this puppy. Opinions?
>huge
yep, beside that?

Attached: 43PUS7304.jpg (1188x700, 44K)

>gamer
>4k

Attached: 1558209198527.png (225x225, 6K)

>MVA panel for superior black levels comparable to OLED
Mhm.

>superior image quality
>imperfect color uniformity

Attached: 14323123131.jpg (600x400, 42K)

Fidelity >> framerate
Not everbody plays online shooters.

>Argues about fidelity
>Acts like overall fidelity doesn't include fidelity of motion

>not fffflike ffffyou ffffneed ffmor fffdan fffthirty efffffpeee-effffsssss fffanyway

Attached: linuslaughjpeg.jpg (1280x720, 15K)

panel uniformity looks kinda shit

tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/philips_436m6vbpab.htm

Also uses a subpixel BGR pixel layout, which is non-standard.

>This panel uses an unusual BGR (Blue, Green, Red) layout instead of the normal RGB layout. This sub-pixel layout isn't expected by modern Operating Systems and so you end up with some blurriness to text.

>For other uses besides distant console gaming viewing we felt the screen struggled. The main issue was with the clarity of text, where the unusual pixel structure caused fringing and blurring to appear from close range. The static dithering-like artefacts visible close up on some colours was also annoying. The basically useless sRGB preset mode (with factory calibration) was also frustrating.

>We just didn't find it comfortable for desktop use day to day due to the text clarity and the sheer size of the screen to be honest.

Attached: uniformity.jpg (645x610, 99K)

Why the fuck would you shill a monitor riddled with compromises?
Didn't the /pcbg/ laugh at you? Didn't you get enough humiliation for one day?

Even with the gamma shift (which is what he is talking about) VA panel TVs always tend to rate higher then IPS ones and I would personally agree with those ratings
It’s ether have gamma shift or have really bad panel uniformity issues, even worse than usual

>VA
>60hz
>shit input lag
>for gaming
literally a triple threat stack of shit to make it an absolute shit tier monitor for gaming. u high af op

literally add some more cash and buy a fucking lg c8/c9 oled and use as a monitor if u need and u get way superior tech and possiblity to run 120hz 1440p or 4k 120hz later with the c9 along with superior image quality, response times, and less blur

>HP Omen X 65 Emperium, but that costs $5000
literal garbage DOA shit

Attached: 2ba2b1d08fe1c8b99fbf018920138d2eb8b99e0088871a56aebfc3b425b21d6b.gif (320x240, 2.49M)

What kind of delusional people think that adults don't play video games in 2019?

>shit input lag
actually the input lag is excellent.

The response time is middling with an average rise time of ~7.5ms and an average fall time of ~8ms

Attached: 2019-06-28 11_58_46.png (916x802, 118K)

Yes adult gamers with high end GPUs who don't play ADHD simulators like Counterstrike and League of Losers.

It's imperfect, not bad. As in literally imperceptible but not technically flawless.

IPS glow and poor contrast reduces subjective image quality far more.

Attached: Screenshot_20190628-165741_Chrome.jpg (1080x1920, 458K)

i swear windows used to have cleartype options for different subpixel layouts. i guess not anymore

>MVA
It'll smear the motion.
It'll glow & wash out the colors when viewed from the side.
Due to the 43'' size it'll wash out at the edges even if you're sitting centered.
Due to coming from a TV lineup, white uniformity will be ass.

Also, Nothing comes close to emissive blacks except other emissive blacks.
Also,
>2019
>60hz

if you want all of the image quality, go for a B8 OLED.

Windows XP did have a specific setting for BGR.

Windows 10 just has a setup process where you pick some samples of text and say which you can read the best.

No specific settings to select your subpixel layout.

My concerns with using a premium OLED TV is burn in, also they cost a lot more, the C9 is £2500.

And it can only achieve a peak brightness of 780 nits, which falls below the VESA HDR1000 standard.

OLEDs lack peak brightness, so they are better used in a dimmer environment, or a dark room.
But they make up for it with image quality and contrast ratio.

Being able to turn each pixel fully on/off is a massive advantage, even if it can't hit the peak brightness of high end VA panels.

>adult gamer
wwwwwww

Ok I have blackout curtains so that's not a problem for me.

Do you think there will be a significant IQ difference between this £500 4k VA and the LG C9 OLED at £2500?

I can afford it but I don't want to waste my money.

Yea but u get hdmi 2.1 and future 120hz 4k with full 4:4:4 Chroma. That will last a long ass time.
The c8 is half the price but next year the c9 will be halved in price
Burn in. Whooo cares.
Hell is rather get a non oled TV than most of these meme 4k monitors too. Samsung q90r.
Would be sweeter if these actually came with full hdmi 2.1 support though

>The Virgin shitty old tech smearing VA with a fucked BGR subpixel layout and backlight bleed
Vs
>The Chad state of the art best pq 120hz 4k Oled with infinite contrast, viewing angles and instant pixel response times

Yes, especially for desktop usage, due to not using a retarded BGR layout like this 43" does.

rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/c9-oled

The new C9's are honestly fucking great.
If you're a big movie fan, then you'll 100% prefer the OLED, the panel uniformity is WAYYY better than that shit VA.

And for gaming, the OLED is way better, the response time on the Phillips is around 5-12ms.

The response time on the OLED is 2.4ms for a full 100% black to 100% white.

And only 0.2ms for less drastic changes.

And it natively supports 1440p 120hz for fast paced gaming where you don't need the full 4k res, and can instead get faster 120hz refresh rate for smoother movement.

AND the input lag at 1440p 120hz, is only 6.6ms, basically the same as the Phillips VA panel.

tldr; in most situations, the OLED is simply better.

Thanks, I think I should just buy the C8 right?

It looks like I can get one for only £1000, which looks like a steal as it is less than half the price of a C9 with apparently identical image quality and panel.

I read something about C9 having superior motion resolution, but apparently that didn't make it to production and might be implemented in firmware.

LG c9

C9 has hdmi 2.1. It's ready for 4k 120hz

>I read something about C9 having superior motion resolution, but apparently that didn't make it to production and might be implemented in firmware.

If you're gaming, the C9 has about 1/3 of the input lag as the C8.

Also, the C8 doesn't support 1440p 120hz like the C9 does.

For pure movie watching, they'll be similar.

Ok I will buy the C9.

Just one thing, if I'm playing from my PC at 1440p 120hz, the image quality wil be reduced due to non integer scaling right? So I guess I will only use that for competitive gaming and use 4k 60hz for daily use.

C9 is so much more future proof (even though it's a meme) w/ hdmi 2.1 and 120hz all the way up to 4k (not tested yet)
If I wanted hyuge 4k screen I'd go with this easily.. I'm fact I do but gonna wait a bit and see lol

Once hdmi 2.1 GPUs are out 4k 120hz will work tho

The scaling is really well done, Rtings doesn't test 1440p scaling, but I can't imagine it's any worse than the 480p or 720p scaling.

Attached: 2019-06-28 13_14_59.png (856x894, 1.04M)

It's too bad it isn't a 27" panel or something. I can get work area by buying more monitors, I can't get high DPI image quality unless I replace it. Considering how close viewing distance is when used on a desk, I'd much rather have high DPI at ~27" than a 43" single panel. 27" already covers a sizable chunk of a human cone of vision when used as a desk setup.

Well I'm sold, thank you based LG.

Yup, and as others mentioned, once we get GPUs that have HDMI 2.1 support, you'll be able to run 4k 120hz as well.

>adult
>gamer

Attached: image.jpg (612x418, 205K)

ouch

Attached: 523523523.jpg (315x164, 13K)

>$1K
>edge lit
most impressive

Attached: .png (422x612, 89K)

>43

at that size you have to make head movements instead of eye movements to see different corners of the screen comfortably. Anything over 27 inch is a meme

Source: my ass in front of a 31.5 inch

For anyone still reading this thread, I have decided to purchase the LG OLED C9 and I would say it is the greatest display money can buy currently.

Attached: LG_C9_hero_large_2.jpg (2000x1200, 182K)

It can't be HDR1000 without FALD. That's a part of the spec.

Are you sure? Here's the spec I pulled from Anandtech

Attached: [email protected] (2360x2721, 146K)

Read the description for black level. You can't get both 1000 nit peak brightness AND .05 nit black levels without FALD on an MVA panel