How do I into Linux as a complete noob?

How do I into Linux as a complete noob?

Attached: 1200px-Tux.svg.png (1200x1414, 259K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.installgentoo.com/wiki/Babbies_First_Linux
nostarch.com/howlinuxworks2
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

dont

dont too deep of a rabbit hole

Try Linux Mint

install gentoo

Nevers use non libre software

1.Pick a distro that sounds good to you: wiki.installgentoo.com/wiki/Babbies_First_Linux
2.Install Linux on an old hard drive.
3.Use it for a week.
4.Decide if you like it.

/thread

wipe Windows, install Linux, use Linux like you would use Windows
simple as
don't dual boot, you won't learn shit if you keep going back to Windows whenever you encounter a problem on Linux instead of trying to fix it like you normally would

Linux Mint. Don't fall for Gentoo or Arch Linux memes.

honestly just make your own experience instead of Jow Forums telling you what to do. I started with a beginners distro and those work perfectly fine but I wanted to use something else so I switched to debian. I hopped to almost 100 distros until I finally settled on gentoo. you don't have to use a diy distro. debian and mint are perfectly fine

I was going to ask why mint over ubuntu but canonical seems to be such a piece of shit nowadays that mint is starting to seem like a good idea.

This x100

Mint is shit, don't listen to these imbeciles, Fedora or Ubuntu is much better.

This is a good book, I have a physical copy of it from years ago: nostarch.com/howlinuxworks2

Mint for 6 months, then either stay or jump to Debian/Fedora. If you don't mind getting your hands dirty once in a while, arch.

There is really no reason to not start with fedora though.

Yes Linux Mint is awesome. For years I didn't install Mint because I was listening to all the imbeciles in Jow Forums. Now that I have installed it, there is no turning back. It might be a frankendebian but it just works. It isn't an Amazon botnet like Ubuntu.

Don't you feel dnf is slow compared to apt?

Ubuntu on a USB drive to see if you like it

Install Gentoo

I got xubuntu on a 10 year old compy myself, doesn't have amazon stuff in it. But when I get a new compy was prob going to go to Mint or something myself.

despite all of what others say, when i switched to GNU/Linux not even a year ago i did it without even going back to windows, i literally booted it 3-4 times to make sure it still works
And i have never distro hopped, maybe im just too lazy

Not really. It only seems slower because it synchronizes the package cache on every run, removing the need of an apt update equivalent. Alternatively, you could use rpm-ostree with Silverblue.

mint is complete dogshit with no purpose to exist, use only the big distributions

windows is also complete dogshit and the windows users are used to that. see there's a connection

Does openrc a big mistake?
>90% program cant run without systemd

Attached: gentoo-g.png (180x180, 16K)

you're trying too hard to act dumb

i did the switch by using debian for 2 weeks then jumping onto gentoo

openrc is fine, very small even if it does less than systemd.
Programs don't need systemd to work, gnome uses the login feature I guess but it can be compiled with alternatives. Exactly what gentoo does. Everything is written for openrc or you chosen components on the config and use flags of the packages.
Retard