How come devices with amber displays aren't manufactured anymore?

How come devices with amber displays aren't manufactured anymore?
Just look at this beauty, costs a ton on the used market but is absolutely useless because it only operates on the now defunct G1. And I don't think any similar phones with such a fine display were created since to somehow account for changing technology while keeping the warm glow of an amber matrix intact.

Attached: First_Generation_Motorola_StarTAC_cellular_phone[1].jpg (2392x2805, 1.49M)

Because they're shit.

Honestly what's up with Jow Forums and fetishizing the worst parts of old technology? I get that new consumer technology sucks in a lot of ways, but that doesn't justify advocating to bring back the limiting parts of the old days.

Jow Forums is full of hipsters. Just have a look through any /tpg/ or desktop thread. They like to pretend that normies like apple users are hipsters while not seeing the irony in distro hopping to more and more obscure OSes on out of date and ugly hardware.

>Because they're shit.
Yet I think they looked great and probably were all around more pleasant for the eyes than the fake 6-bit retina cancer panels that we have these days. Most of what we do with computers involves text, so these displays are absolutely fine and could still perform well in current climate. Same for mobile phones.

Attached: GridCase[1].png (480x640, 431K)

Most that we do with computers involves graphical interfaces with text. Also there is really no reason why you couldn't just not change your terminal colors to amber and use that.

>probably were all around more pleasant for the eyes than the fake 6-bit retina cancer panels that we have these days
They weren't. Maybe your rose-tinted glasses are distorting how the screens look.

The graphical interfaces aren’t necessary.

Amber displays aren't necessary either.

>Also there is really no reason why you couldn't just not change your terminal colors to amber and use that
It's not the same as having actual amber warmth be blasted at you with every available diode.
They look pretty great in pictures! Must've been even better in person as pictures quite often don't really give enough justice.
They are comfy however and look exceptional. Can't say the same about dull full colour displays.

Attached: eb7bc16fec63677f2d9265cde29644c9_orig[1].jpg (1408x942, 398K)

OLD GOOD
NEW BAD

To clarify, I like old tech, I mostly use ~10 year old pc's, I don't have a de in any of my computers and I do like terminal applications but some things you just have to accept are the thing of the past.
Modern lcd screens can be even better amber displays than those old ones.

>dull full colour displays

alright, you got me.

How could I make XFCE look like an amber monochrome screen?

Attached: galerie4.jpg (1920x1080, 316K)

I'm not sure how xfce themes work, but you would probably need to change all colors to either amber or black (potentially a third inbetween color). Then do the same in your gtk 2 and 3 theme. Also your terminal theme, and any other program that uses its own colors.
Since Linux is cool, all of these should be just a few plain text config files.

How can colourcels even compete with amberchad?

Attached: 68747470733a2f2f6661726d352e737461746963666c69636b722e636f6d2f343738352f34303735343932393634315f6535 (640x480, 115K)

Just look at this beauty.

Attached: CGS_8340.jpg (1024x683, 73K)

> 7 btye screen face

you are nostalgic for shitty technology you never used. pagers were cancer in plastic shells.

Some dude on Jow Forums: I love amber displays! They feel natural and it's pleasing to my eyes, better than the harsh displays of today.
Botnet drones: eat ass all colors good amber bad blue is love blue us happiness (colors good becaus LGBTQAAPIFYXNAOFTWBSegmentation fault (core dumped)

Casio has been phasing out the teal EL panels in their watches and using amber LEDs for a hot minute.

Attached: image_zpsyhwe9bsu.jpg (819x1024, 107K)

Attached: 492328-motorola-startac-85-1996[1].jpg (740x555, 57K)

Opel/Vauxhall computer display

Attached: bc-1825296281118591371.jpg (1280x960, 249K)

my dad loved startac phones. he had multiple of them all different models with extra batteries and everything.