ITT: Obsolete Technology

As the OP of the thread, I'll start: the numpad

Attached: wasted space.png (2233x749, 1.63M)

>t. mathlet

I use it all the time.

Fuck off zoomer, while i think fuckhuge keyboards are obsolete the numpad is always welcomed.
Just be creative with your designs

Attached: masterkeys m.jpg (957x401, 77K)

its not obsolete
you're just too dumb to utilize it

Attached: 1561745015414.jpg (640x360, 155K)

>580 with higher clocks

Attached: rx 590.jpg (1500x1260, 335K)

The numpad is needed when you download cheats for some online games.

>Activate hack > Numpad 8

and etc

dell inspiron 530

Attached: inspiron 530.jpg (450x360, 11K)

due to price

Attached: bullhonky desktop.jpg (257x196, 14K)

Why does everyone else get this wrong?

Attached: 1533450672012.png (450x339, 169K)

I mean what kind of turbo boomer uses these anymore

Attached: 61wiOHEeoKL._SY355_.jpg (355x355, 11K)

Attached: PHPTattoo-500x666.jpg (500x666, 52K)

This sounds like a post straight from 2003, including ages.

Yeah the smartphones made those obsolete. Also mp3 players, PDAs, timers, alarm clocks and wrist watches, and they gradually take over large fraction of PC use scenarios, making computers obsolete as well.

I fucking hate you both.

Attached: modelm_4.jpg (1600x684, 183K)

owned that keyboard back when i twas new

it was amazing and its ridiculous that even now the only similar keyboard is a $200 something asus

I never use the numpad but that doesn't mean it's obsolete. It's like saying I have no use for a rocket to the fucking moon, therefore it is obsolete.

>MP3 players
Mostly yes, only advantage is size
>PDAs
Fully
>Timers
Come on now
>Alarm clocks
Same
>Wrist watches
Maybe if you don't want to keep your phone out
>PC use scenarios
No.

>turbo boomer
lol

Well, I guess that's still better than the useless "compact" keyboards that put pgup/pgdn home/end into some retarded place where you can't find it by touch. I'd still trade in a numpad for the proper thing though.

Attached: lazy.gif (500x284, 377K)

"I never had a real job, neither I did anything truly productive on my computer": the post

nigger i got the three and i still like the numpad.
Ironically the 1800 layout is the worst of both

Attached: IMG_0303.jpg (4320x3240, 3.27M)

>directly blowing fan heat onto your display and into your face

>Wrist watches
Dumb zoomer

its cold where i live, it feels good

Optical zoom >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> digital zoom.

I have one that I use to record events and the difference in image quality between that thing and any phone when zoom is involved is stark.

wish this was more of a thing

computers that can be repaired

t. gamer

Sucks when the camera has Optical Zoom and Digital Zoom but doesn't let you disable Digital Zoom. So after a certain level of zoom it stops doing Optical Zoom and starts doing Digital Zoom. Makes this poster mad!

>Yeah the smartphones made those obsolete.
Nope, ask anyone who's ever looked at smartphone photos on a PC.
>Also mp3 players
Nope, ask any audiophile.
>and wrist watches
Apparently not considering the popularity of smart watches.

numpad is not obsolete if you like to type lots of numbers

numpad is absolutely necessary for 3d modeling

white women

Attached: iu.jpg (719x1024, 220K)

Nobody used watches for anything more than a fashion accessory anymore, gramps.

Smart watch is not the same as a dumb hunk of plastic and metal that's only good for telling time and literally nothing else. Also really, nobody but boomers and retards uses dedicated hardware for things covered by phone apps, much less carries it around. Even fucking credit cards get replaced with a phone app. I forgot what was the last time I've seen anyone NOT using smartphone for shit like this.

> I forgot what was the last time I've seen anyone NOT using smartphone for shit like this.
>paying with a phone
>ever

I'll be honest. I live in an international tourist destination. We have people from all over the world here. Its a very rare moment where I ever see someone paying for anything with a phone. I've seen more people pay by tapping a card than a phone and even that's extremely rare. I did it once at Walgreens just to say I've done it but that's it.

christ at least use an appealing picture you have a fetish for the dowdy

I only use the fucking numpad at work. Try to type it like an idiot otherwise.

I use the numpad literally every day. It's super useful for being used as numeric input, as well as extra button mapping if you don't need numbers for a task. What kind of user would want less control in their applications?
(Besides itoddlers.)

>having access to time at a glance is obsolete
Do you enjoy shoving your hand in your pocket to find the time? Oh don't tell me, you're one of the dumbasses who has their phone in their left hand 100% of the time.

Am I retarded that I use the num pad enter more than the actual enter key

intel core i9 9900K

It's not obsolete. It's on the wrong side.

any prime lens >>>>>>>>>>>>> shitty consumer zoom lens

Accountant here, FUCK YOU

Attached: 1560910787056.jpg (1080x1057, 79K)

That's also wrong though since there's the macro keys to the left which also get in the way.
Having a TKL and a separate numpad is fine.

This. I'd kill for an affordable, decent keyboard with a left numpad. The only options seem to be one that cost hundreds of bucks because le meme switches.

I bet you type by only using your index fingers

based

Wow I had one of these years ago, it could play TF2 at 20 FPS on 800x600 with all low settings
Good times

Retard.

>dude, just install an app
>you don't need NFC or any other hardware dedicated to that type of communication
>it just werks
please fuck off, thanks in advance

Attached: 640_sandra_bullock_speed.jpg (640x360, 17K)

Not the user spouting bullshit about stuff but also I live right next to a university and tourist destination. I see people pay with their phones all the time but they're all just chinese and american students.
I genuinely see more people using contactless or just using regular old cards or cash. Only the small niche ever pays with their phone etc. That small niche of people don't have their shit together either.