/ptg/ - private tracker general

This is what you get for not making a proper PTG edition.

>Not sure what private trackers are all about?
The mission of /ptg/ is to promote the highest possible standards of tracker service by providing members with opportunities for professional development, by recognizing technical competence through examinations and by advancing the interests of its members.

>Have a question?
- FAQ pastebin.com/thLgSkNE
- WIKI wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Private_trackers
- PYRAMID uploadir.com/u/pdmhcfez
- TEN CURRY COMMANDMENTS pastebin.com/raw/dBbdE73M
- TEN NEON COMMANDMENTS pastebin.com/raw/Ud2pGYaE

Use as a link to find the /ptg/ thread.

Remember the following:
>Staff occasionally read these generals and have posted here before.
>This is a thread for educational purposes only. Don't offer or ask for invites.
>Staff may pretend to be normal users asking for invites and when you invite them, they ban you for inviting strangers.

News:
ADC is dead for realsies

Attached: privatepiracyquadrants.png (1000x1000, 306K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/71635671
vast.ai/console/create/
torrents.neocities.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How do I make money with private trackers?

you dont

all i had to do was ask around in OMG IRC and I'm in .in and drunken slug
WTF, PTG. You lied to me.

start a p2w tracker like IPT
mirror shit to DDL sites that give you money per download, add link shorteners that show ads and give money too
setup a private streaming website and mirror the content to there, make plebs pay
it depends on how much effort you want to put into it

>have a shit ton of buffer on RED
>create shitty low effort album/single on Bandcamp
>create request for said song(s)
>some pathetic faggot buys your song
>???
>Profit

Before I was banned on RED, I would put amazon affiliate links in all of my requests and uploads.
So even if some random pleb clicking the links and doesn't buy it, they might buy something else. You get a cut of that.
Not a lot of work and I made nearly 600$ from that.

Is that against the rules?

previous thread

No.
The previous thread was deleted.

Who cares?

>jani made thread

i guess we can't mention the "other" cabal then

also

>using AHD

what's your excuse dorks

wtf happened again with the old thread?

Attached: 1503028543836.png (1406x1324, 161K)

I could tell you but I would be suicided by two bullets to the back of the head.

So, how the literal f*ck do bonus points on Bakabt work?

>f*ck
?

- put a lot of poorly seeded torrents on RM
- set them to 100% complete
- ????
- PROFIT

good LGBTQIA+ trackers?

>all i had to do was ask around in OMG IRC and I'm in .in and drunken slug
sounds like a good way to get banned. nice try.

>sounds like a good way to get banned
*on private trackers

This was just added to the omg front page because of this thread.

Attached: lol.png (676x54, 3K)

No, fuck off.

You too.

What is the best quadrant?

Attached: 1536330214_563636_1536330539.jpg (1200x675, 46K)

>taking private trackers this serious

do not forget to donate!

Attached: wink_smile.gif (19x19, 1K)

Unironically would donate if I were into Bitcoin.

D-does this make me a private tracker cuck, senpai?

Trackers obviously

Now I want to join.

>brod

Does anyone use PlexShares? I'm curious how they perform compared to Netflix

It would depend entirely on the server.

yes

whats wrong with IPT?

IPT is a business, not a private tracker.

Is there any good music tracker with a bonus point system?
RED is dead, no one ever downloads because they are afraid of fucking up their ratios

so I shouldn't be using it....

BIB and RED practically have the same style economy at this point.
It's great for contributors but shit for leeches.
Have you tried contributing?
If not, get fucked. :^)

Yes, i have uploaded more than a figure that is more than 70 and less than 75 torrents, joined a few days after the tracker was created and i still have more torrents with 0 upload than torrents with upload.
RED is completely dead, i gave up on uploading their because no one downloads and on downloading myself because i can't afford the ratio hit.

I'm searching for a new music tracker that has bonus points

good luck with that :^)

Attached: 1551979143042.png (309x276, 122K)

Previous thread: archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/71635671
Aren't .in invites closed?

vast.ai/console/create/

OPS

Never heard of it. What's the full name?
Is it good? How does it compare to RED?

orpheus.network
Their collection isn't as extensive as REDs because they didn't have as many ratio cucks there in the beginning to dump their entire library, but it's growing. It's the second most extensive tracker for music and it's got a really good BP system. I would compare the economy to that of PTP's but for music.

>orpheus
Isn't that the old xanax/apollo

yes.

But xanax/apollo was curry...
How can orpheus be good?

>but it's growing
Why would you want to waste your time on a tracker that won't be here in 6 months? That will go down for extended periods of time like it already did before. You're better off just getting smloadr or deezloader and calling it a fucking day than bothering with that.

Attached: 1561124010830.png (235x79, 8K)

oh well nevermind then

But if it is the only music tracker with bonus points, i will give it a shot, i'm sick and tired of RED

NO like the other poster said it is a dead end, there is no alternative to RED. oops is dying and it will be dead and buried in 6 (six) ((sicks)) months

guys i reallyreally want to join red ill do the interview, i dont care

Attached: 1531493734766.png (222x293, 148K)

RED? More like DEAD

>oops is dying and it will be dead and buried in 6 (six) ((sicks)) months
Why?

that's what the other user said just before. i care what people think

>Why would you want to waste your time on a tracker that won't be here in 6 months?
If red ever goes down and no one creates a substitute that will be the one

Look at the track record of the people involved. The tracker has been down multiple times this year. TehC is gone. APL failed. They're not even as strong as waffles was when people considered it a viable alternative to what. That window of opportunity has long since passed and they are still trying to make it happen.

t. retard me and my OG red elite TMs will NEVER upload to that shit site, it will never be used by me and my elite homies so it is doomed

I would rather have a tracker whre i can download music, than having a dead tracker that you can't download anything because it will destroy your ratio

If it will destroy your ratio that means you're too much of a dumbass to know how to build one in the first place. I'd also guess that your definition of a "dead" tracker is very different from mine. Wow, I can get all the pseud shit from the top 10 without doing any work, this tracker is so alive!

>t. dumb nigger who can't maintain a ratio

Attached: 33o3.png (390x390, 168K)

People are dumb. I got to elite tm on RED by just uploading new crap released from deezer remix. You dont need to use red for useless releases that you can find on deezer/tidal but for the obcure shit

See I have a good ratio, but since i only download Flacs it would be shit if i started to download 1/4 of the music i want.
That is not the spirit of top private trackers, I have discovered tons of new shit on PTP and BTN because i can freely download things without fucking up my ratio, i also upload there because unlike RED i will get downloads.

wait for tokies like a good slave

>Streaming media

Attached: Super cringe.jpg (2560x1440, 286K)

If you upload literally any 2019 flac to RED you will get downloads. it's that easy. I can already download most of what I want. Most of what I would feasibly be able to store given the storage space I currently have. But I do want to download a lot more and I know it would be easy to get the ratio I need to do so. I plan to make scripts that will download, remove jpg bloat, generate jpgs of spectrograms, encode mp3s, and generate torrents. If you're too dumb to do that which I seriously hope isn't the case given the board we're on... You can always just upload FLACs. It's not hard and any retard can do it. Even if you got trumped for something like jpg bloat who cares you still get to keep all that upload credit.

Everything new is on streaming platforms. Since we have the tools to access them without paying there's no need to be a fag about it and insist only on downloading shit from people who already did it. I do that most of the time because I'm lazy not because I think getting it from a torrent instead of ripping it myself makes anything different.

>Listening to 2019 music

Attached: Cringe.gif (220x277, 295K)

>he thinks I care about most of the music I upload to RED
Not gonna lie though I listen to everything before I put it up and I actually found music I like from noname artists in the process. But most of it is complete trash and I'm only in it for the ratio.

I uploaded enough to be promoted to Elite on Red. I will never upload another torrent there since the tracker is dead and no one downloads my uploads, so there is no point of doing it.

Since i don't have any hope for Red to start a bonus points system, i really hope Orpheus takes off or to someone to create a proper music tracker

>no one downloads my uploads
Do you think that's because everyone's afraid to download or because nobody gives a shit about the music you like? Music can either be some popular ubiquitous thing or something highly esoteric. There's really not a whole lot in between. You could seed some shit for years before anyone who cares comes along. It's not like people are going to download the Boz Scaggs albums that don't have Lowdown on them from you on orpheus and they will suddenly be popular just because people have bonus points and buffer to play with.

>Do you think that's because everyone's afraid to download or because nobody gives a shit about the music you like
Because everyone is afraid of download, that's why you ony get upload from 2019 music like said.

Even i'm afraid of downloading since i know i will never get the upload back from that obscure band. And private trackers are not about being afraid of download new shit, PTP and BTN are top tier because you can download things you would never downloaded if they had the Red system. I have found tons of top movies/tv series/ docs because of their easy to download system, and that's the reason i love both PTP and BTN and couldn't care less about Red

good, less racing faggots we have to deal with

The hard economy encourages uploads in the first place though. Just because you're too retarded to figure out how to make ratio and are probably computer illiterate doesn't mean everyone else is having that problem. I download whatever I want regardless of how popular it is because I have buffer to spare. We're literally telling you how to game the system here on /ptg/ and you're all like "me don't get it, durrrrr why can't it be easier?"Nothing of value is lost when you leave the tracker. You claim to be elite and at the same time claim not to be able to manage a ratio with all the things you download. How fucking dumb are you? If what you want is truly obscure what you want is less likely to be found at oops. I'd believe you more if you said you wanted to maintain accounts at both sites and get as much as you can from the easier one but what you are saying sounds like a complete larp to shill the less elite tracker nobody wants to be on.

>The hard economy encourages uploads in the first place though.
No it does not see Why upload your music past Elite, if no one will ever download from you?
Actually the tracker i have upload the most is BTN, 2º PTP, 3º Red (but i will never, ever upload again to Red since i'm Elite now).

Being hard to download has the opposite effect, if you don't get downloads what's the point of uploading your music? Better to race for freeleech or 2019 shit music to get the upload and then delete that shit, that you never cared for in the first place.
In PTP and BTN when i find a new obscure doc/movie/ TV serie that i like, i seed it for ever

I have never uploaded something that nobody downloaded regardless of the year it was released in. Again, that sounds more like a personal problem.

>claim not to be able to manage a ratio with all the things you download
Do you know how to read? And yes i like obscure music and not pop/hip hop shit

>I'd believe you more if you said you wanted to maintain accounts at both sites
I never said i'm going to delete my Red account...

>shill the less elite tracker nobody wants to be on.
I'm shilling for a bonus point system, i don't care if it's Orpheus or other new tracker

>No it does not see
see the actual stats, ORPHEUS is a ghost town and an absolute failure of a tracker because of their shitty economy
torrents.neocities.org/

Not everyone is a nigger/cuckold that buys and uploads rap/hip-hop music.

I very rarely buy any music for any reason at all. When I do it's because I like it. I will upload it and seed it because it's going to stick around on my hard drive anyway. But you can get any release for free on Deezer regardless of if you like it or not and upload it. Once the autosnatchers grab it you are free to delete it and stop seeding it. It's easy and almost retard proof. You still need to know how to check for transcodes so that filters out the least technically adept among us.

That's to bad, i requested a Orpheus invite anyway, will see it for myself.
But since i never download from Red anyway, if orpheus have a half-decent music library, i'm sold

My last 2 uploads on Red.
Why even bother...

Attached: aaaaaa.jpg (416x292, 15K)

just use deezer, soulseek and rutracker my man
if you can't find what you want then use trackers

But i want Flacs and quality, not stream shit and upscales

all of those sources have FLAC

Stream shit is quality flacs most of the time. You do check what you're downloading right? Anybody that bitches about things sourced from streams is automatically a fucking idiot who doesn't know how to check shit themselves if you ask me. I have zero respect at all for anyone who comes in these threads peddling that absolute nonsense. Pic related is something I bought off bandcamp compared with the same file downloaded from deezer for free.

Attached: compare.png (1290x1294, 2.23M)

Rutracker have tons of Flac upscales, not sure about the rest because i do not know them

>deezer
Needs registation
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

If you can't even be bothered to register a free account using a throwaway email you're just dead weight anyway.

DESIGNATED

Attached: DESIGNATED.webm (1920x1080, 1.2M)

SHITTING

Attached: SHITTING.webm (1920x1080, 1.66M)

STREETS

Attached: STREETS.webm (1920x1080, 1.12M)

What's the point of having a private music tracker if then you have to register to 50 streaming sites because you can not download from your tracker?
FUCK OFF KEKOLDS

The point of trackers is to download whatever you want in one place and not having to join 50 streaming sites

Oh shit the goalposts have been moved 49 positions now! I'm talking about the one ultimate cheat code to rule them all and all of a sudden it's now 50 instead. Larpity larp larp.

Fucking retard here, the largest freely available library of lossless music sounds pretty good but MAKE AN ACCOUNT!?!?!?! What the fuck guys! Next you're going to tell me that I need to get a log in cookie from my browser and paste it into a program. I didn't sign up for this shit! Way above my pay grade. Why would anyone want to have a toilet when it's far easier to just shit in the street? That's an old Hindi proverb I translated for you guys, my dad Ranjeet passed it down to me.

I have over a hundred fucking uploads on RED, 80% of those being FLAC, why do I only have 50GB upload

>tfw 50 mp3 uploads and 500gb up

they've done a LOT of shady things in the past, some of which they still do. Stuff like DDOSing other trackers, peer stealing from filelist, holding contests with fake winners, letting people pay for invites (generally frowned on by the tracker community), etc.

Most elite trackers prohibit offering IPT invites in invite fourms

If you want a good general tracker your best choice would be AR

AR doesn't even come close in terms of content.
Fuck off moralfag.

Why the fuck is OT up?

is paying for seed boxes and using red.cd the fastest way into bibliotik

the fastest way into BIB is having a friend who is already there who invites you

without friends