Thoughts on coding/working in public?

Thoughts on coding/working in public?

Attached: 1561753450410.jpg (1600x912, 280K)

like "art people" that draw in public.

I often go out with my friend to program together at some cafe. It's convenient.

It's inconvenient for everyone else. Get a fucking office or larger apartment.

if you do that, pls kill yourself

Coding in public is fine, but you should use a laptop. There's no excuse to bring your desktop. You should be ssh'd into if you need it.

Attached: 1561759538626.jpg (1384x1226, 318K)

A lot of lunchrooms where I live have working places. I sometimes use them. I also sometimes work on my laptop at McDonalds. But I usually go to the university library. I already finished uni, but nobody will ever check if you actually belong there. And the uni has a free coffee machine.

why though? You can use one of your guys homes/apartments for that. You guys obviously do it to passively brag about knowing how to code.

:(

How is it inconvenient for others? We just sit in a corner of low-pop cafe. They literally put sockets on desks for people to plug their devices.

I don't have enough room at my room and there is only cafe table in the living room at my apartment.
And we wouldn't feel at ease with her husband walking around at her place.

I hack banks from McDonalds wifi using my cyberbrain.

Attached: 1560684344777.png (1238x829, 2.7M)

>has an RV
>has that desktop setup
>Can't afford basic necessities to live or can't find work
Doubt.jpg

I work from home, but the guy I work for often takes his laptop to the pub because he's a functional alcoholic, the pub is pretty quiet so they're happy for him to be there

>not having an office set up like a fake off-brand coffeeshop. They even pay some guy to just be a barista for free coffee.

>coding in public
fuck that shit, I want my peace and quiet to get into the flow
two things
1. it's perfectly fine to draw outdoors, regardless of public
2. nobody will want to sit and watch you debug you php code

I wouldn't go out into public TO work, but no problem with working in public. I have a 2 hour transit commute both ways, better believe I have my laptop open en route to and from the office. Also gives me the leniency to come in late and leave early if I don't have meetings, since I'm online, working, and available anyway.

There is not enough room in your room to accommodate two people? user we need to talk.

Attached: 1561768238355.jpg (2048x1536, 431K)

There is only large bed, L shaped desk and tool shelf.
Working on the bed is ok, but it's not a sofa so there is no back support and it's still uncomfortable without a desk after some time.

do you and your friend suck each other off afterwards, as well?

I don't get it, do you live in a hotel?

I spent most of my programming time at the public library because I can't focus at home

see You are a nuisance.
You probably smell, likely homeless.
What you're really looking for is someone to talk to because you're lonely.
Also a retarded hipster.

Attached: 1547680177227.jpg (1200x1200, 381K)

I wouldn't mind.

Attached: 1502497427793947888.png (344x341, 8K)

i have that monitor lol

I own the hotel

Man, that's a sad state of affairs.

Attached: 1552179191832.jpg (242x242, 9K)

That guy is more likely a gaymer..

>I don't want no fags here.
Based black man

Attached: 1561748222589.jpg (1600x912, 343K)

I dunno, I'm pretty poor myself and I always keep my clothes clean, but I'm sure the employees at Starbucks have a low opinion of me.

I just think it's kind of silly, because you're not going to get into any real flow at a mcdonalds IMO.

even coffee shops are dreadful with those hissing machines.

outdoors is actually pretty okay but it presents too many challenges... finding reliable wifi, making sure sun isn't shining on your screen, not too hot/cold, no rain, etc.

the library is the only public place worth going if you're really trying to get stuff done. in uni I got so much shit done at this random hidden away spot in the stacks that no one else went to.

pic unrelated

Attached: 1548633144369.jpg (656x960, 61K)

>even coffee shops are dreadful with those hissing machines
Good point, there's a lot of background noise at those places.

I work at a nursing home and I regularly get some reading and homework done.

that drink is too small

I know it's gay, but just get a fucking laptop. if you are a serious programmer you'd have remote access to your desktop from your laptop setup. so you wouldn't have to carry around that shit.
you gonna carry a server with you too?

>(OP)
>>coding in public
>fuck that shit, I want my peace and quiet to get into the flow

I have no problem coding in public. It's much better than coding in an office. In public, no one works with you, and they can't exert power over you, or ask for your help. In an office, people can.

eh? that's about as large as they get

>You making a man's butt. You gay. You a fag. I don't want no fags here.
>Making shit up to justify your racism

only after midnight.

I'm against it

i program in real programming languages (i.e. not webshit) that need a compiler and thus processing power, and public wifi is a security issue waiting to happen, so i don't really understand the point of it