Next gen gaming at 1080p 60Hz, should I even give a flying fuck about the RTX/SuperRTX and Navi?

Next gen gaming at 1080p 60Hz, should I even give a flying fuck about the RTX/SuperRTX and Navi?

Attached: 1469604972391.jpg (960x960, 237K)

>muh ray traced global illumination in quake 2

1080p 60 Hz is a solved problem. 1060 6 GB, 1666, or 580 will do that just fine. 4K and high frame rate are what the current GPUs are chasing.

Cool, but if I wanted those fancy RT reflections should I just buy a 2060 RTX S?
I need an upgrade but don't feel like waiting two years for Navi 20 which will probably be overpriced garbage.

Fucking SHIT Russian girls are so fucking hot
Why can't American girls look like that

If 60hz is acceptable to you, then you're a casual gamer. Their shit product is meant for you.

Depends what you have right now.

If Ark Survival's white knights aren't bullshitting and it's really UE4 that runs like shit and not Ark, you'll want something next gen for 1080@60

>Cool, but if I wanted those fancy RT reflections should I just buy a 2060 RTX S?
Lmao if you want reflections or any other rtx tech in a quality that isn't a downgrade you better get that 2080ti, or just ignore the meme tech
>I need an upgrade but don't feel like waiting two years for Navi 20 which will probably be overpriced garbage.
Well navi 20 comes in a year, but more importantly we expect nvidias 7nm cards in a year or so

Nvidia does this shit every generation; they rush out a new feature that starts out a laughing stock and runs like shit on everything, and two years later it's in every big game and it's the biggest selling point on the box.

Unlike PhysX, HairFX, custom AO,etc. though, ray tracing is clearly the future of games. I'd say wait a year or two before getting an RTX card instead of rushing to buy a shitty gen 1 version.

lmao have fun paying $400 for 1080p TN panels, Hertzcuck.

No, UE4 isn't the most optimized engine but ark is an absolute horror, you can't seriously blame the engine for that

It's more like those 20 year old smartphone predecessors. They did most of what the iPhone and every real smartphone do, but the technology wasn't ready and the devices were shit.
Besides, this hybrid approach is also retarded. I hope nvidia splits the tech into two separate accelerators in the future.

More likely they just find a way for the silicon they use for RT to be more useful in other tasks.

ironically it was Nvidia who put in a slide in the past that GPU silicon shouldn't be wasted on a single task like that.

my 1070 plays everything at 1080p 90 fps or more max settings.

As said: it's a solved problem

>not getting a 144hz va
Lol

buy an rx 580, or a second hand vega 56, gtx 1070 or gtx 1070 ti, and then go back to >>/v/

Of course you can always go high fps and get a high end GPU to drive it. Or if you're happy with 1080p60, that path is getting way cheaper and easier to do.

Who's the hottie?

Its really cool but fuck quake 2 has bad level design

get a vega 56 or gtx 1070 then sleep for 3-5 years

Russian Asuka cosplayer obviously

Whats her name? I saw her before

Russian here, American girls are hotter to me, we crave what we can't have user.

Attached: GS_charSelect_portrait.png (218x332, 148K)

I am more than happy with 1080/60 for demanding games, 144hz everything else.

Why not leave? I'd bet you'll have an easier time getting an H1B than Pajeets now.

isn't it poorfags like you holding on to your 1080p screens that are keeping GPU prices high?

1080@60 isn't next gen.

Why do you care, user?
Nobody here plays gaymes anyway

>can't make a point unless you're personally deeply emotionally involved
ok

American girls are almost extinct. You mean European/African girls living in America.

Hello, Asuka.