>MSI GS65 Stealth
>MSI GS75 Stealth
>Lenovo Legion Y740
>Gigabyte Aero 15X v8
>Asus ROG Strix GL503VS-DH74
>Asus TUF 505DT

Attached: gaymen.jpg (1500x1426, 145K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.lenovo.com/t5/Gaming-Laptops/Y740-keyboard-backlight-is-not-working/m-p/4463509
pbtech.co.nz/product/NBKACN715720/Acer-Aspire-7-GTX-1050-Ti-Gaming-Laptop-156-FHD-In
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I was in a situation where I couldn't have a desktop for a while. Had an ASUS GL553.

Would not recommend. Runs too hot and also loud thanks to the single fan design

Had the same model haha. Mine didn't got that hot unless I ran something real heavy. I also got it in a bundle with a backpack and a mouse.

Dell G7 since it's the only one that doesn't look like complete garbage with edgy red highlights everywhere.

The Asus TUF, the G3 and the Legion are also pretty good/normal looking. The others are trash.

Illiterate pleb here. How come half my keyboard is unlit and the capslock, 1, and 6 keys are different colors and won’t turn off, even if I turn off the backlight? It started about an hour ago after some kind of software update.
Only had the laptop for two days. Really annoying to have this random orange light on my keyboard.

Attached: 89E6BE6D-1F12-48AF-BF32-519937F956F0.jpg (4032x3024, 3.37M)

Its also having weird functionality. like if capslock is on my f5 key reduces brightness, which I thought was only supposed to happen if i'm holding fn. I tried looking this up but I cant find anyone with these problem.

Which model user?

Legion Y740

Here it is off. The caps lock indicator light is stuck on as well.

Attached: 4469C3E9-3CE6-43D3-ADB1-A6DBD0E8B062.jpg (4032x3024, 2.84M)

what laptop has the best cpu for the price with thunderbolt 3?

Did you had a tenkeyless keyboard plugged in while installing the updates. If so maybe the software recogized your laptop as a 15-inch one instead of a 17-inch one, then installed the wrong keyboard lighting driver?

Nothing plugged in but my mouse, but that might be relevant, since the update was a Bios update about “optimizing” my screen for its 15/17 size. Don’t remember the exact words cause I didn’t think I would need to remember it. It is a 17” laptop.

I just ordered an MSI GS65. How fucked am I?

Tried uninstalling the keyboard drivers. No changes.

Also the screen randomly dims every time I restart the computer. Why is my two day old computer giving me more problems i than my 5-year old one jesus.

Are there any high-end gaming laptops that don't look terrible?

razer blade

alright I think I found something. The problem started right when the bios update was installed, though the keyboard lighting update is probably relevant, especially since its for 15 inch and this is a 17 inch. Not sure what to actually do with this, though. after looking through about 30 sites and forums I really seem to be the only person on the internet who has had this problem.

Attached: 15inch.png (1344x844, 219K)

What are some good gaming laptops which don't look like gaming laptops? I'm not 13, I don't need lights or skull/alien logos

Lenovo 330-15ICH

I think Clevo makes some generic looking ones. Some resellers should have reasonable non-cringe branding.

huh. not bad, actually. too bad the screen is shit apparently

>Why is my two day old computer giving me more problems i than my 5-year old one jesus.

it's probably a manufacturing error. return it.

whats the cheapest thing i could comfortably play 2077 on do you think?
>inb4 something with a 2080 will let me play with an extra 3

Looking at the GE75 Raider but most reviews say they run too fucking hot.
Just want a mid range gaming laptop with really good speakers and a RJ45

It was working fine until the update. I just want to reverse the update but there doesn't seem to be an easy way to do so.

Also it took two months to arrive i'd really rather not wait another 2 months.

updates are included in the price you paid. if they make the device unusable or work in anyway worse you are entitled for support or a refund. especially two days after purchase. you don't buy a laptop to last a few days, user.

More people have the same issue, user:
forums.lenovo.com/t5/Gaming-Laptops/Y740-keyboard-backlight-is-not-working/m-p/4463509

The new Asus TUF laptops are pretty good looking (see OP's pic). They have a backlit keyboard but you can turn it off or change the color to white.

Well, yes. Doesn't change anything though, I still want to fix it myself if possible.
That seems similar. but my update did install,and the back light does work, just not properly since half of it wont turn on and some of it wont turn off. So i think it is the incorrect update. I'm searching their site for a way I can replace it with the correct version but I have been unsuccessful so far. Maybe I can contact their service tomorrow.

Too expensive, just feel like I'm getting ripped off.

Lenovo x1 extreme. I want a gaming laptop but I also wanna use it for other shit. I don't give a shit about playing that many games since all I play are Fighting games and emulation.

Check the clevo/sager and their rebrands.
Tried one of their ultraslim 15" model with an i7 8th gen and 1050ti and it was pretty nice. No logo/gaymer design aside from programmable backlit keyboard.

They would have been perfect if it wasn't for all the ports being on one fucking side(no type-c either lol).
Also, that gaymer X-design on the top cover lid really tries it's best to scream "zoomer's choice".

>tfw bought Razer blade advanced with GTX 1060
Have it since a week and what I like so far
>no stupid gamer rgb shit (razer logo can be turned off)
>aesthetic and very slim but stable design (fingerprint magnet tho)
>performance and battery life is good
>the screen is really fantastic, when looking at my old Dell IPS in comparision to it I realise how shitty that monitor is

the fans can be loud when you play vidya, it's bearable but I prefer a desktop PC anyway.
when running a low energy profile for browsing etc the fans are often completely off.
for just 1435€uropoors I am more than just satisfied, can recommend
also lol that you have to pay like 1grand more for 1070/2070

pbtech.co.nz/product/NBKACN715720/Acer-Aspire-7-GTX-1050-Ti-Gaming-Laptop-156-FHD-In
Thoughts?

>Acer Nitro 5
I have it (7700hq/1050ti, 600€ amazon whs)
it just works, beware: undervolt+repaste is a must