Zoomer here. I want to go back

zoomer here. I want to go back

Attached: Office_within_the_Unix_System_Laboratories_building_in_Summit,_New_Jersey--March_1994.jpg (1162x786, 203K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oNXzMBA9VU4
slackware.com/
openbsd.org/
9front.org/
vitanuova.com/inferno/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This looks comfy as fuck but I really appreciate having my coworkers a slight head turn away if I need to ask them something or to shoot the shit while tests run.

everyone does, modern UIs are shit.
end of support of Windows XP marked the end of an era.
the end of support for windows 7 next year will mark the end of the computer age. we're now in the age of shitty mobile devices.
youtube.com/watch?v=oNXzMBA9VU4

>not open office
based

Open Office done right > Cubesfarm

wrong. there is literally no way to do open office right

boomer here, same

Yes there is. What most people call Open Office is nothing more than a Broiler Room design which is the worst thing you can do.

Third worlder here. Welcome.

fuck you I want walls

you can't. these people are way smarter than you. they have studied math and systems biology, not fucking node_modules

you are unqualified for pic related

open office is for cuck wagies

t. cuck wagie in his cubical cage.

i remember places like that
i remember the big old manuals
i remember minicomputers

the software was higher quality than anything microsoft produced, subsequently
it still is, IMO (desu)

Amazing. It reminds me of Enya or those pure moods cd's they sold on tv.

i worked for software co. those times
.. thats fking neat.
wheres the massive code printouts
used to print out whole programs on line printer .. it was fking nuts. line printer in a soundproof cabinet. .. or the dot matrix. line printers for production stuff. paper was cheap. got thru a lot of it. used to have like a box of paper in printed out stuff on your desk, always.. all the code with line numbers.

So now I sleep in ditches.
And hide away from nosey kids.
The wings rot and feather under me.
The wings rot and curl right under me.
A small alteration of the past.
Can turn time into space.
Small touches can alter more than a mere decade.

worked for software companies.
used to program minis/mainframes. it wasn't anything you'd know

you work in facebook (open plan)
"like working in a railway concourse)
= high stress. the prick who owns facebook wants "everything to be seen" .. to be seen to be doing something
consequence = high stress -- the photos of the facebook workplace have been posted here, many times. its horrible, high stress. horrible shitty place to work -- what more can you expect, as it is run by a 12 year old web designer

mobile isn't bad
at least microsoft isn't there

>It's not a real computer until you've spent the night in it.
Old Swedish proverb.

Attached: gabumu.gif (540x680, 142K)

that is the sort of place that bill gates was stealing his computer time from, to build shit.

You can:
slackware.com/
openbsd.org/
9front.org/
vitanuova.com/inferno/
... sort of

Boomer here. The back sucked. The present sucks in a different way. The future will suck too.

Going back would be poison to me, as with each different way things suck, I have a finite amount of allotted allowance. And I have completely run out of tolerance for all the ways back sucked.

We can't go back, we burned all the bridges. We can only go forward and make new bridges that need to be burned.

yeah but you'd know bitcoin = 1cent in 2009 (was it)

i don't think any bridges got built at all.
you look at a place like that, to understand that microsoft has == regression, lost decades.

why does the man in the chair have an erection?

Why don't you?

not an amiga.

>being bothered by your coworker faggots
>just let me do my meaningless job and go home

the schnozz tells me he's a trickster

based MES

This. The people who bitch about open offices usually don't deserve any better. Webshits and "coders" should be grateful that their employer has insulted God by keeping them alive with a wage
>The back sucked
based ESL boomer

Learn COBOL and you're guaranteed to get a job working on some legacy bank mainframe.

What's the term I'm looking for.... ah, yeah, that's it: "Stockholm Syndrome." Feel free to be nostalgic for a past that you never lived and only learned about from old photos and out-of-context ideas floating around in your head. For whatever good that does you.

>cobol was designed by a jew
>jews use it in banking
you're not a jew are you?

open plan office is the most retarded fad, it's bad for productivity and well-being, it's been study-proven, not even worth the money you save on space

having division by small groups that work on the same thing is far better

what is Google?

Attached: 1560870595168.jpg (960x720, 271K)

if you had any market prowess and time for it you could be making money of crypto now