What's the point of having high-end videocard and CPU if there is nothing to play?

What's the point of having high-end videocard and CPU if there is nothing to play?

Attached: no audio.webm (280x500, 1.66M)

Other urls found in this thread:

homedepot.com/p/202091220
youtu.be/Wt-HwLZJ5tA
daz3d.com/
instagram.com/jessievardie/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't get it.
So a ton of people just get these clips from instagram or somewhere and then actually do the conversions to webm so they can post them on Jow Forums anonymously?
I don't get it.

this is why I sold my 10080

it got your attention didn't it?

most of them are neets so what whould you expect?

Better have it and not need it than needing it but not having it.

Well ur on Jow Forums so multiplayer games are out(no friends and instabanned for slurs). Most likely a NEET, so you have a lot of time on your hands to fill... Kingdom Come Deliverance? Combat's hard and clunky but it has alot of gameplay, and it scales pretty well with high end PCs

>play?

I want vm's, containers, and ML compute power.
you have to go back to /v/, child.

>100000th time gaming is for kids bait

Attached: flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg (904x864, 84K)

Why aren't you playing Yakuza 0, then Yakuza Kiwami 1 and then Yakuza Kiwami 2?

Attached: download.jpg (3840x2160, 1.86M)

>ML compute power.

if you do anything in the business you're already training models on g3 or p-series instances

nobody trains models locally anymore

Don't get me with your "games are technology" bullshit. You're not discussing the tech behind it, therefore this whole thread is offtopic.

It's not like you can't do hobbyist ML. A lot of interesting and profitable things have come out of hobbyist ML.

dumb manchild frogposter

pink programming socks and dilate

my point is that you can buy two 1050 TIs and get better performance than a single 1080 Ti, and you can easily drive two or more with a midrange i5 from two generations ago

As Moore's Law grinds to a halt it's going to be increasingly more important to have better security at the silicon level, it's what I'm prioritizing in my future purchases personally.

If you stop these kinds of webms, the ver y influx and dissemination , I SWEAR TO GOD YOU WILL FACE PERERMNNT BAN

>two 1050 TIs and get better performance than a single 1080 Ti,

I am sorry, what?

>the x50/x60 SLI meme from 2012
>intel cpus from the 4 core 4 thread era
IMAGINE THE STUTTERS

Attached: 1514611943484.png (499x513, 283K)

Back to /v/ or something gaymerfags
There are tons of thing to do with high end VGA that stable poorfags and manchild will never understand.

Exactly. But you are experiencing gaming burnout syndrome too.

I hope my purchase of the vive index will revive my gaming interest again for a few years. Im buying a new pc too, just waiting for the zen reviews. I will spend around 2k for the index and the pc combined. Better not be disappointed but desu I won't miss the money atm. Been working full-time for the last five years with no hobbies so I have money

Low IQ fags
Geforce is a much more affordable and sane choices for laboratories across the world.
Most lab I visited used huge amount of GF series for and a fewer number of "professional" Novideo card (only because it has more mememory)

Training GANs to make lolis.

sauce?

homedepot.com/p/202091220

THOT BEGONE!

kek

Have you ever done ML before? Having multiple GPUs is always better for ML, you can ever distribute learning of a single model across all cards or train multiple models across individual cards.

I was wrong though, 1060 seems to be sweet spot for price/perf.

>he thinks ML models require SLI
holy shit Jow Forums is fucking retarded nowadays

I need to leave this board, nobody here actually does IT or programming I swear to god. Nobody runs GeForce cards in fucking production, they run Quadros on the workstation side and Teslas in servers.

>Novideo card (only because it has more mememory)
what does this even mean?

We're talking about the fucking hobbyist set though, christ. My point is that professionals rarely have a single high-end card like a 1080ti in their machine because it's worthless for scaling model training.

Attached: MLPERF.png (1642x998, 69K)

go back to the future time traveller

I had a 1080 and sold it for this reason. Most AAA games are trash.
I now have a modest 580, which still allows me to play the couple AAA I may be interested in. The rest is indie games, older titles, emulation, etc.

There is Kingdom Come Deliverance, also you can play grand strategy games at 4k and minegraf

Attached: javaw 2019-05-21 18-03-40-96.jpg (2560x1440, 364K)

>what does this even mean?
Off to reddit please

>get btfo for not knowing the correct terminology for a technology
>hurr reddit durr

GPGPUs don't inherently have zero video functionality because they don't have ports, retard

damn diz nigga smart fr

Nvidia Novideo mememory what so hard to understand low IQ newfag?
Do I have to explain every single Jow Forums humour you again? Lurk more

>1060 seems to be sweet spot for price/perf
that used to be the case, I doubt it still is.
t. bought and used a 1060 for some prototype neural network designs.
The 1050s have 4G of VRAM max, which limits either your neural network architecture or the amount of data you can fit in a single batch for both training and evaluation. Unless you're dealing with very small architectures a 1080Ti with 11G of VRAM is probably the sane choice.

play kingdom come deliverance

What's the point of playing?

>Photo/Video/Sound editing
>Streaming and recording
>Emulation
>Uber multitasking

OP is right
I bought a GTX 1070 and the only games I play are Factorio, Terraria and Civilization VI.
The heaviest software I use is Premiere Pro and I don't use it often.

It's part of the human condition. You can see it in all hobbyist communities. The echo chamber of people who have for whatever reason latched onto that particular hobby ends up creating warped value systems. People end up obsessing about details that most people would usually never even notice, and members of the community all compete about what details they notice or who has the higher standard. And then those people act superior because they notice a detail you don't. You become the pleb, because they have fetishised something to such a degree that, in their mind, it has a value completely disproportionate to its actual usefulness or quality. In game component terms this means that if you go to any game community for advice, they might recommend you a RX 580 but then in the next second call you a pleb for being on 1080p. In reality most people don't need to spend much money at all to get a very fine experience for whatever game they want to play, but as soon as they enter communities like this they risk getting dragged into an obsessive race to have more cores, less latency, more resolution and more fps than most people don't even notice.

Sauce on the thot?

t.massive pleb

Im upgrading for cyberpunk also so i can stop playing at 30-50 fps for most games.

>Unless you're dealing with very small architectures a 1080Ti with 11G of VRAM is probably the sane choice.

My point was that a flagship card is unnecessary, even if you're training for fun. It's cheaper to use integrated graphics and spend the money on training in the cloud on EC2 spot instances.

I haven't seen how well the RX580 does with 8GB, but AMD has never been the first choice for ML, but all you're losing is CUDA really and if you're a hobbyist it's unlikely you're going to be digging into CUDA opimizations.

As I've gotten older elitism has gotten really annoying. Reminds me of this video.

youtu.be/Wt-HwLZJ5tA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

we all drank our urine for 9 months straight, in the womb. Amniotic fluid is urine. For the first 3 months it’s mainly your mom’s pee. And for the remaining 6 months it’s mainly yours. There’s no umbilical cord attached to your genitals. The umbilical cord is attached to your intestines. And that should be another proof to people that urine is not a waste product, waste goes through your intestines. That’s what that excretory channel is for. If urine were a waste product, how is it possible that from day one, just about, the human fetus, the zygote, the embryo, is floating in urine? Urine is actually the ultimate, perfect, water, liquid. It’s what we grow in. And we would not have grown without it. And when you’re in the womb, if you remember, you breathe like a fish. You actually are continually sucking your own urine down your mouth. And that is more proof that it’s not a waste product

Attached: 0d89d0eb82923db930964340e429e020.jpg (657x1050, 62K)

High end CPUs and GPUs are not only for games. I use mine for this: daz3d.com/

instagram.com/jessievardie/

Imagine the smell.

It smells like tuna.

What video card can I buy to make me look like that IRL?

>the absolutely insane amount of photoshop and makeup in each image
>they're all low resolution to hide this fact
>underneath the girl is totally average and in fact overweight with no muscular definition at all (a tragic ass)
>hordes of ravening Indians still enable her to make this her livelihood
The internet was a mistake.

it can run on my r9 290 and i7-2700k

there is no point. you get yourself a fucking laptop like a normal person and if you absolutely must play videogames then also get a console. gaming PC's are fucking retarded.

Attached: 13687222_1407910712583208_811113821_n.jpg (1080x1177, 60K)

kind of have a point. No real competition has led to both companies milking the userbase for all it's worth. There really isn't a true reason for them to dribble out small incremental upgrades every year for more and more money.

2080ti and a VR headset

There's only so many GTA-similar games I can play before getting bored of them.

>Most lab
An lab in Pakistan isn't really a great source of sample.