Only application to have screen tearing

>only application to have screen tearing
chromelets will defend this

Attached: 1554628758507.jpg (2000x2000, 235K)

>even chromelets won't defend this

what os are you on
don't lie

GNU Linux, the OS googlers use to make it

i bet ur on arch or some silly shit lmao

and what does this matter?

LMAO

Attached: 1443512946147.jpg (577x604, 92K)

again retard, it's the ONLY application that tears, defend this

>archfags LITERALLY defend being the only ones besides Windows XP that can't run fucking chrome right

god damn, chromium on linux is so fucking shit. I had to install Firefox esr again.

this has never happened to me
– Posted from Chromium on macOS

>archfags
again, what has this to do with any distro?

find me a popular distro besides arch this happens in

source: your ass

i literally was able to guess OP's distro out of thousands possible just because of the symptom
Find Me Another Popular Distro with This Problem (2009, Paper-Back)

>i literally was able to guess OP's distro out of thousands possible just because of the symptom
there's literally a handful of note worthy distros and you still have not posted anything factual about your symptom

why do you assume your guess was right?

chromium definitely sucks but i haven't had tearing happen on it. do you have a good gpu that's properly configured?

yes

. . .

>btw I use arch and I don't know about screen compositing
sage and report this thread, illiterate faggot is just figuring out linux and complaining online

what part of no other application screen tears do you not understand
>sage and report this thread, illiterate faggot is just figuring out linux and complaining online
go fuck yourself puta
you couldn't provide nothing

>spic
oh this shit writes itself.
just use compton in the background retard, chromium works fine on my machine try chromium vaapi from the red hat guy.
or just use firefox it works better and is less toddler with the configs

>just use compton

Attached: 1532147417937.jpg (125x120, 3K)

ff need pa
plus chromium works better for yt
except that it tears

I wasn't aware that applications were in charge of their own compositing (?).
Whenever I experience tearing, it's been a GPU or system setting that caused/resolved it.
I use Firefox on Plasma, and I definitely experienced screen tearing when scrolling before I chose "Force Full Composition Pipeline" in Nvidia settings and turned on Vsync in System Settings.
My wife uses Chromium on this machine too. We use my Netflix account on Firefox and her mother's Amazon Prime Video account on Chromium.
Definitely no tearing in either browser.
Perhaps you don't know how to use your driver's settings, or you're on XFCE, which is notorious for poor Vsync?

Worthless shitskin. Useless race.

Never heard of it, you mean Linux?

fyi FF does not tear while scrolling for some many versions now without any kind vsync fiddling whatsoever

nigger i know damn well how to have tearing in xorg without a compositor, yes it's only chromium

alalow me toit interteject.. what youor refere to a a lijnux is anctually gnu/linoioox sdfo;sg;odfgndfbnsdiubon;zdobnbndzbn;zsdg;aedfhg;oaedfr;gaedfh;bgazdf;nazduighf;aoerghjowiejfg'wAPORHGN'AEOIBN'AEIRfbnm'zdnblj/zdnlfblzndfil/bjnzd/flkinbzde/lkjgz/lkrgnjhz'dijbnz/dkrgjzd/lfkbz'ir a[rj [ae0r [0a uj[94t [qu942t3u q0347u =3=yuh[JKGPW'EJG
'AOWRjg'paejg'aeirjbv'pZNZ"Sjvp

I think it's because Chrome doesn't have hardware acceleration on Linux or something.

that was my guess too, some flag

If you say so. My driver was being weird the other day, and the only reason I knew was because my wobbly windows (I know, I know) wouldn't work, and I could see tearing in Firefox while I was watching a video. This was literally last week. I'm running Firefox 67.0.4, so there must be some *other* version out now that self-composites? I know you can turn smooth scrolling on and off, and that can simplify how text advances on the screen, which can have the illusion of Vsync, but videos would still tear. Are you perhaps from the future? -or maybe retarded? Grasping at straws here.

it could be related to mesa but on radeon ff does not have tearing even with any vsync off