Posture is technology

How do we fix our postures?

Attached: 1548721461931.jpg (1041x490, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/6tcTpJKDuiQ
youtube.com/watch?v=K-CrEi0ymMg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

just stand up straight

it hurts my upperback

Bumping this thread.

Attached: 10-10.gif (500x288, 528K)

go to Jow Forums

I need a good posture; I don't need to become a homo.

Attached: 1539046948501.png (540x653, 515K)

see a doctor

lift
in particular do exercises that hit your posterior chain muscles, e.g. deadlifts and squats

>deadlifts and squats
but doing these with a bad posture ruins your body, so how am I going to fix my posture with something that requires a good posture?

"Shoulders back" actually means moving your shoulderblades inwards.
Do that for three weeks of agony and it becomes instinctive.

stand on your head. It takes time to learn but it's great for the neck & spine

youtu.be/6tcTpJKDuiQ

Also hail satan

Retard tier advice. Enjoy herniated disks in your neck. No wonder why a Satanist would encourage this. He wants others to suffer.

>Better memory
>More energy
Pressing X to doubt

After years of training and running daily, my response is stop wasting your time and eat less to endure your sitting hours healthier
It doesn't matter if you are pure muscle and ripped to the bone: if you have to sit for 8 hours, all that will not help
Eat less, and less frequent to get literally lighter and gain flexibility and mobility

Your posture is bad because of underdeveloped muscles or "shortening" of muscles.

When you muscles are just underdeveloped hit the gym. There is no other solution.
When they are short stretch them. Athlean-X has some good videos on it. When you have proper range of motion hit the gym.

you have to start with very low weight. probably just the bar. if you are extremely weak you'll need to do other exercises first until you can lift the bar with good posture.

An important thing for anyone who wants to improve posture to realize, is that everyone has different posture problems, and excersizes which help one person might make another person have worse posture. Posture is mostly maintained by having stabilizing muscles pull against each other evenly. One person might need to strengthen/tighten a particular muscle, while another needs to loosen that same muscle.

Yoga can be helpful but keep in mind the last couple things i said. You can't just show up to a random yoga class and expect it to help at all, it could actually worsen your posture. Instead, you need to identify specific problems and figure out specific fixes.

here's a video that has helped me youtube.com/watch?v=K-CrEi0ymMg
my upper back can maintain decent posture, but my lower back is pretty fucked. this vid has helped.

one last thing i thought of: learn to properly sit in full lotus position, it's great for your back and legs (but if you are new to it it will possibly take even years to do correctly) Also, consider using a standing desk (as well as trying to stand more often, also remember not to maintain any position for too long, this is one of the primary causes of bad posture)

finally: learn to sleep properly. most people should sleep flat on their back with a small pillow or no pillow. I like to sleep on my stomach and side, but I have to be careful by using many pillows to support parts of my body so that my spine stays neutral.

i just linked an athlean-x vid. one thing he talks about that is very important, is that you can't just stretch out everything and expect it to help, you need to know what muscles to strengthen and what muscles to stretch, otherwise your posture might even get worse.

Standing straight doesnt do shit to people who have compressed back, stuck shoulders. They cant stand straight. It is hard, a lot of effort and ineffective. Painful. If you are fat then you shouldnt do anything painful. Lose weight fasting and drinking a lot of water. When low fat do mobility stretches. Shoulders, spine (pelvis too).

Stay low fat. You cant eat like you are use to eat unless you want to be fat again. Small meals for the rest of your life. Like most skinny guys.

Short muscles or lose muscles. Worry about these after losing fat dont let these stop you from fasting, eating less. There is nothing you can buy to help you unless it is less calories overall. Dont let marketing scam you. Eat less calories. Get deficit. If not losing, you eat too much. No you are not a rare case who doesnt lose fat on a deficit. Stop binge eating.

tldr Dont be fat. Get shoulder mobility.

back pain sucks bro, only real solution here is yoga. See sensational yoga poses website for text / pictures and yoga with adrienne on youtube for video. good luck! also get an ergonomic work station setup so this doesn't happen again...

It's psychological.

Do you think you sit in front of the PC all day and swallow down entertainment in form of video games and TV shows because of your superior psychological strength? I know software engineers who work all day, come home and binge the rest of the night.

Get your head in order, it will make you work out more and that will fix your posture.

Maintaining a good posture requires a lot of strength, generally people with poor posture are too weak to have good posture. The user that suggested Jow Forums is right, deadlifts, rows, lat pulldowns and plenty of specific posture-fixing stretches and exercises will fix a good posture entirely, there is no quick fix.

Start wearing a brace.

Attached: Untitled-1.png (1505x700, 373K)

Don't do this. You are in your twenties, not in your sixties.

Don't get fat
Don't fix stuffing your face with training and/or running
No matter muscle or fat, they are equally bad for your posture if you keep sitting for 10-12 hours a day + bad sleep habits
Eat less
Practice flexibility and calisthenics
You won't waste a penny on chiro/massages
Being capable of deadlifting huge amounts of weight goes totally against health if you stay hours sitting
Muscle imbalances are horrible for your skeleton
t. Total gym rat, training 2 times a day 7 days a week for years
EAT LESS and MOVE MORE (not train more)

???

Why? People with scoliosis wear braces regardless of age, there's 10 year olds with that shit.

do they make them in color patterns that will match my programming socks though?

>cltr+f chair
>0 results
Jow Forums I am disappoint
most people have shitty posture because they spend half their lives in awful 20$ chairs

do yourself a favor and buy a decent chair and make sure your PC is properly aligned to your face

Attached: [naisho] PuPiPo! - 01 [A3F2A489].mkv_snapshot_01.55_[2019.06.27_07.47.17].png (1280x720, 1.24M)

I always had shitty chairs, i'm overweight, my posture is top fucking notch.
Reason why people have shitty posture is because they sit all day and their muscles are too weak to support them.
Get into the gym or do some hard labour you fucking ijjits.

My posture basically fixed itself after I got a girlfriend

I feel like posture is just how humans subconsciously signal their position in the social hierarchy

Athlean x says to avoid weightlifting if you have bad back/shoulder posture. You do exercises that correct the posture, which he shows many of. Not deadlifts

>do hard labor when you have bad posture
thats how you get crippling pain 4 life

walking with few kg backpack and 20+ km walks. it's surprising how well the posture fixes itself after 4 hours of walking
pushups and pullups 1:1, at least 60 of each daily

chair is damage control for the problem, not a part of solution to the problem