Why do they have such a fervent, loyal cult? Why does this board worship them as literal gods?

Why do they have such a fervent, loyal cult? Why does this board worship them as literal gods?

Attached: 1536928115276.png (1280x835, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

suckless.org/philosophy/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

elitists that are brainlets
suckless comminity is Dunning-Kruger central

Becauase they are the only ones who actually do software development properly, which means following the Unix philosophy as close as possible.
The reason we are shifting away from Unix principles is why we are in this bloated bess in the first place.
Honestly, anyone who opposes Suckless is controlled opposition.

except i'm pretty sure needing to recompile to configure software was not part of the unix philosophy. configuration through batch scripts was a fairly important unix development

bash scripts*

the software is simple, clean and minimal soothes my autism, on the user end ofc, I can't evaluate code or design.

Suckless id fine, but only if you really need it. It's not a valid replacement for any particular software, but simply building blocks for you to use while making script/tools and customizing your system.

Brief summary of cults in Jow Forums:
> AMD cult
> Intel cult
> Nvidia cult
> Apple cult
> Privacy cult
> Anti-bloat cult (this one)
> Ricing cult
> Windows cult
> Linux cult
> GNU cult
> OpenBSD cult
> FreeBSD cult
> FSF/GPL licenses cult
> MIT/BSD licenses cult
> C cult
> C++ cult
> Rust cult
> Programming socks cult
> Go cult
> JavaScript cult
> Functional languages cult
> Vim cult
> Emacs cult
> Tiling WM cults
> Gnome cult
> KDE cult
> Multimedia players cults
> Audiophile's cult
> Thinkpads cult
> Benchmark cults
> Chink shit cults
> Desktop-posting cult
> Phone-posting cult
> Chrome cult
> Chromium Forks cults
> Firefox cult
> Firefox Forks cults
> ...
> ...

Suckless lads are just another cult. Live with that fren.

Attached: 1561669423416.jpg (742x700, 139K)

Is suckless the gentoo of applications?

no but gentoo and suckless goes hand in hand

suckless (apart from the movement) is a philosophy:
suckless.org/philosophy/
A way of thinking software development.

well I will say that I like suckless software when I'm running on old hardware

Suckles stuff like dwm is good for low power hardware, and can be a fun thing to pass the time.
Customization through patches and recompiling really isn't that much of a hassle (if you keep patches to a small number).
Dwm has some cool features like its tag system, or the fake fulscreen & crop windows patches.
Also dmenu is a great tool for a lot of different stuff, not only launching programms.
Suckless stuff isn't for everyone. Those who enjoy it have their reasons, those who don't also have theirs.

>except i'm pretty sure needing to recompile to configure software was not part of the unix philosophy
That's how it was done. Thats how many distros still do it.

so you're a Samsung fan, then?

No.
Why do Gentoo and Suckless "go hand in hand"?

Because you compile everything with portage and it allows you to configure it, unlike most other package managers.

I'm not a Unix developer and I don't follow the unix principles. Unix and its principles have no place in a desktop-oriented operating system.

/thread

shell scripts*

>cult of cults

t. certified pajeet

Bourne shell scripts

best vte
best irc client

fpbp
For all the effort suckless retards go through, they can do no work on their machines (as if they did any anyway).

I fell for the meme some years good, as a teenager