Did anyone buy this thing?

Did anyone buy this thing?

Attached: blackberry priv.jpg (634x703, 79K)

no but i have keyone and key2

Jon CJG creator of Arby n' the chief uses one.

No but I have the keyone and posting from it right now.

My friend did

Yeah the Priv was amazing for its time, but I'm liking my Nokia 7.1 a lot more now that I finally upgraded.

I have a Passport, which is infinitely superior due to BB10 and ideal screen ratio.
Why would I downgrade?

>ideal screen ratio
>1:1
pick one, blackfaggot

I bet all your devices are 16:9 and you have no idea why that's bad. Go fuck yourself retard.

my monitor is 16:10, you know nothing

BB10 is mediocre at best. Buggy lagfest.
>t. Using a Passport

It emulates android without the google core. What more could you want?

>I don't care about my privacy or rights, I want pokemon go!!!!!!!!!

>thinking literally anyone wants to play pokemon go in this year
also, I bet you use google services (at least captcha), so i think your privacy concerns are retarded

It doesn't do that nearly as well as a midrange android from the same time.
For example on top of being laggy as hell clover constantly crashes.

I have a bb classic w/o camera. It was ok-ish, whatsapp and line worked well so I don't complain

I would have got one if you could unlock the bootloader

I've been meaning to pick one up for Android apps that are too new for BB10; they can be had for a little over $100 used now

BB10 is god-tier
>t. using a Passport

Depending on what you need, it could be the ideal phone for you. It took me a while of phone hopping between different smart phones and dumb phones before I realized by trial and error that my ideal phone is a dumb phone with a touch screen. I bought pic related used, and I love it.

Attached: Nokia c3-01 touch type.jpg (1600x900, 188K)

No, but i bought a Palm Pre the day they came out and it was still one of the best i have seen and I have seen quite a few in my time.

Ye

Attached: IMG_20190629_132218.jpg (2901x3694, 2.39M)

no, I own a laptop like a sane person

>Nokia 7.1

Based

is there a better option for a smartphone with a physical keyboard? been looking to finally upgrade but I'm not sure which one from the blackberries I should pick or if there's even another option beyond bb

If only it had unlockable bootloader and good LineageOS support.

>No unlockable bootloader
>Botnet BlackBerry OS
Nope.

>Botnet BlackBerry OS

I bet you use android

Nope, but the KeyOne is the best phone I've ever owned.

If that's the priv, yeah. It was only okay. The keyboard was particularly awkward for my adult man's hands. It was capacitive, which was a fun novelty for about 5 minutes. I occasionally play some mobile games just to kill time and the Priv would heat up pretty quick for the simplest games, then throw a warning that it was throttling everything until it cooled off. The battery was pretty shit.
It's now in a drawer as a backup phone and that's about all I see it as good for. Got an Essential PH-1 and won the Essential Lotto because mine works perfectly.

Using it right now. It's good, but has several issues. The battery is pretty bad and I've already had to replace it, it overheats far too easily and throttles from even simple image browsing, and the 3GB ram is a bottleneck for what I need for work. It might just be my phone, but it also has a bad habit of randomly dropping its cellular connection, and my phone also has the speaker cap issue where it's getting quieter over time.
Despite all that though, I love the keyboard, I love the high resolution oled screen, and the android experience is pretty close to stock if you decide to disable the BlackBerry specific apps. If they made a Priv 2 I would absolutely make the upgrade, but I'm probably going to pick up the Fxtec Pro1 when it comes out in a month or so.

>has keyboard
>still has home,back etc on the touchscreen

Attached: 1528307010356.jpg (680x679, 38K)

user thats just a modified Android not BBOS

>FUCK GOOGLE!!!11
>obediently fills out captchas to shitpost

> it overheats far too easily

that would be the shitty Snapdragon 808 in it... could be worse, could be an 810. Qualcomm really shit the bed that year when it came to SoCs.

At least it doesn't bootloop like the 808 carrying Nexus 5X from Loops Good.

Attached: yoinks.png (952x756, 113K)

No but I'm on a keytwo now, pure kino

Yes, returned it after 1 month and bought an S8
is a very nice phone but its so flawed,

no wireless charging, no root or roms, software is slow at times for no reason and it gets quite warm

I really wish they would have put more work into the software, otherwise it was the perfect phone.

Been looking into it lately, any good? Really want a physical keyboard.

get a keyone or key2 the priv is too flawed

does this or a similar device run whatsapp? Im so tired of touchscreen only smartphones

Yeah. Mine fell and cracked. Insured it but not even blackberry had more of these things so they cut me a check. Bought a key2 and posting on it right now. Priv was nice but it's unbalanced weighting while sheathed caused a lot of odd drops, making it kind of unwieldy.