Shortwave Radio

Do someone here still have one of these?

Attached: Best-Shortwave-Radio.jpg (772x618, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/BobsHub/rx320_linux
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Tecsun masterrace reporting in

Attached: b8ad2b9f-0298-40d6-9b3a-085986f50ef2.jpg (1280x956, 256K)

I mostly do SDR's now, because I never leave my computer, but yeah, I have some old tube equipment I mess around with a couple of times a year.

Are the countycomm relabeled techsuns worth the extra money? Is the design actually improved or is it just the same thing with a different brand name?

I don't think so. It's basically the same thing rebranded and with some colors changed.

I got a tecsun pl-600 I use mostly as an alarm clock. There is not much activity on the shortwave bands where I live but you can hear stuff like uvb-76 with it.

Do those do HF?

Yes, it covers the entire SW spectrum from 3 to 30 MHz.

Go to for more info and relevant chat.

wanna include hamstuff?
doing a bit of tld on my heathkit hw101 today

Attached: IMG_4255.JPG.9841d11efa375ac5eb690df8f9c57156.jpg (4032x3024, 919K)

toobs

Attached: IMG_4253.JPG.95c9501e0fa7f86a9ebdfb6976967e08.jpg (4032x3024, 951K)

Very nice user. Heathkit needs to make a comeback, I heard somebody was going to try and even acquired the name but no real news on that front for a few years.

I should have one in storage somewhere, what all do you pick up? I've only heard one number station and the rest is church services or crazy preachers (in the south here)

i have a Ten-Tec RX-320, it is a fairly good all mode HF receiver, i run it in Linux with a console app in xterm

plus i have some SDR receivers, airspyhf+ , hackrf-one, sdrplay, and some cheap rtl-sdr dongles

Attached: 2019-06-29-134134_1920x1080_scrot.png (1920x1080, 1.94M)

The RX-320 is really nice, what application do you use to control it?

Can it be controlled remotely over the net?

havent touched it in years.

Attached: grundig.png (1010x480, 876K)

just waiting on the boogaloo to break it out

That's a shame. Looks like a nice radio.

that console app, it will run from any xterminal

github.com/BobsHub/rx320_linux

not that i know of

literally "I think I'm better than you" 1960s version

I got 2 of these in my emergency bags(keep one at home, one at my dads place)

I have NEVER used them, and doubt id be able to figure out if there was an emergency, since the the instructions they included are in chinese... But i still feel more prepped than the typical idiot.

Hypothetically you could just use ssh to get in to your home system to control it. You'd probably have to do some nigger-rigging like an HTTP audio server if you actually want to hear what is going on.

Attached: 1485484609681-twitter8.png (566x127, 25K)

Just a QFX R-9. It's trash but gets some stations. I've been meaning to run a wire for an antenna, maybe I can stop picking up AM radio stations

A ThinkPad, an RTL-SDR stick or something even better like an Airspy or SDRplay (HackRF or BladeRF can see the entire fucking shortwave radio frequency range at a glance), a driver, some SDR software, a nice antenna. One can do so much more with modern technology than with old school stuff.

It's all electronic so in an EMP situation it'll all be fried regardless so whatever.

I'm going to get a nice portable one, I found a cheap chinese one from a company I've never heard of at a yard sale and the people running the sale just gave it to me. Sadly it broke but it got me interested in shortwave and SDR so it was a win anyway.