2019...I am forgotten

2019...I am forgotten

Attached: 2000px-Ruby-logo-R.svg-56a811b75f9b58b7d0f05e83.jpg (768x768, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

katafrakt.me//2019/06/15/im-worried-about-ruby-future/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

jitsu wa, wasuremasen

もう忘れた

type hinting, pattern matching and pipe operators are all disaster

ruby future is not very bright

I still use it
it's pretty shit desu

I'm an employed RoR dev.

Good. Maybe the web dev faggots will leave and we can get a pretty perl.

I still use ruby for scripting

Attached: ruby happy.png (200x200, 43K)

nope. is stablished, wan't hollow and usesless features? use Kotling.

the stone age is over.
it's the snek age now

Attached: 1024px-Python-logo-notext.svg.png (1024x1024, 51K)

bronze age is over
it's Node and Go age now

you missed the joke.
i said stone age because ruby is a gemstone.
you should said:
the dinosaurs are extinct.
it's .... now

Why do you consider pipe operators bad?

in ruby.

this is what I meant:
katafrakt.me//2019/06/15/im-worried-about-ruby-future/

So you are saying pipe operators in ruby are implemented shitty?

yep, see post above.
pattern matching in ruby looks like crap, too.

Help me out. How does method chaining differ from piping? I guess in both you combine functions in input-output-relations or?

I feel at this point - especially considering the pipe fiasco - the hype has died out and everyone has realized it's just yet another shitty scripting language with a cultish following.

Attached: 242435234.jpg (601x508, 31K)

piping do this

def double(x)
x * 2
end

2 |> double |> puts #=> print "4"

you can pipe everything: function, class static method, lamdba, conditional statements (if, case)... meanwhile method chaining only works with its instance methods.

that's what pipe operators do in other languages. in ruby now it's just an alias for . with different precedence.

yes, that's why ruby implementation of pipe (just an alias for `.`) is shitty, like I said.

The jews are extinct.
It's iron age now

Attached: 1200px-Rust_programming_language_black_logo.svg.png (1200x1200, 56K)

Ruby is great. Rails is and was a bloated mess with a steep learning curve. It has earned it's rightfully place in history as a reference for future frameworks on what to avoid when designing a framework for it's strict nature and steep learning curve.

But yeah Ruby is great. It's possible rails was so off putting it destroyed Ruby's reputation.

rust is just a stepping stone, pretty sure another language with proper design (syntax, library) will popup and inherit all of rust nice idea without its retardation.

This language already exists, it's called V.

it's almost like it's still useful for what it was created for and the real thing that was a mistake and rightfully forgotton was (((rails)))

stop memeing.
v author is at least 10 times better than that faggot that wrote a long article mocking him.

>Docker, Git, Go, C, Stenography, DevOps, Heroku, Continuous Integration/Delivery, WebAssembly, Lua, Mindfulness, HTTP/2, Alpine Linux, Ubuntu, Linux, GraphViz, Progressive Web Apps, yaml, SQL, Postgres, MySQL, SQLite, Ordained Minister, Dudeism, Tech Writing

my fucking sides.