What are your terminal setups? My job gave me a macbook and I'm customizing mine

What are your terminal setups? My job gave me a macbook and I'm customizing mine.

I'm tricking out my terminal using zsh, and I found a config that uses shpotify. It shows the currently playing song on the right side panel (see pic).

For some reason, I can't get it to work. I put my Spotify develloper credentials in .~/.shpotify.cfg

Here is my .zsh:
pastebin.com/KRK9v3vr

Attached: terminal.png (915x46, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/sindresorhus/pure
linuxnix.com/linuxunix-shell-ps1-prompt-explained-in-detail/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>my job gave me a makbook
why? are you some kind of front-end dev?

Attached: 1546077265934.jpg (299x168, 8K)

Use pure.
github.com/sindresorhus/pure

They're an international corporation. I build front-end dashboards, but I enjoy the software engineering aspect of extracting, loading, and transforming data.,

This just goes on top of oh-my-zsh, I am trying to get what I have working.

I don't understand why this doesn't make the staus of spotify show up on the right of each prompt.
prompt_zsh_showStatus () { }
POWERLEVEL9K_CUSTOM_SPOTIFY="prompt_zsh_showStatus"
POWERLEVEL9K_RIGHT_PROMPT_ELEMENTS=(status custom_spotify)

Also, they're just loaning it out to me. After this internship I give it back. I'll be keeping my configs on git afterwards,

>all webdevs are gay
yikes

>wasting time ricing a shell
I bet you don't even use it.

This is my terminal now. You can see command used to check if a song is playing works when executed directly.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-06-29 at 3.19.18 PM.png (1780x556, 262K)

I like to sperg out and use vim for developing Python scripts

I'm actually doing this to show I'm serious bout that code life hundo p

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-06-29 at 3.21.36 PM.png (1740x1240, 717K)

>vim
good job :)

nice font rendering tbqh

Not him but of course the font rendering is good, it's macOS.

Why do mactoddlers have such a tough time understanding the difference between font rendering and screen DPI?

Attached: 1560059538911.png (662x580, 126K)

>vim
checked
>macbook
checked
>homosexual
checked
>spotify
checked
>fugly PS1
checked

Have your told you are parents yet? How does your father feel that his not going to have grandchildren?

Better than Windows and GNU/Linux

Wrong. fagOS font rendering is a fucking joke.

Nice proof.

It is. See That's fagOS font rendering on a Macbook Air without a high DPI screen and pixel doubling.
4K laptops destroy Shitbook Pros with their 2K screens if you think DPI is the same as font rendering.

No, I mean post proof that Windows has better font rendering.

>font rendering on a Macbook Air without a high DPI screen
Yup, text on those things looks horrendous. I was shocked how terrible it was when I first saw one for myself.

All of that sounds gay, but then again OP is always a faggot.

How do you stand the stench of shit and curry all day?

Attached: 1560137450151.png (709x869, 522K)

>extracting, loading, transforming data.,
mfw

Attached: kek_20000.png (459x612, 533K)

\w $
anything else and you're a pretentious faggot

I didn't realize till now that Mopidy can play from Soundcloud and Spotify. I'll get that working with ncmpcpp and ditch shpotify. Thanks bro.

Btw I like Spotify for normie music, my gf and the other interns don't like underground hiphop and dubstep. Spotify is good for finding the latest releases from signed artists too.

I am not running any powershell scripts on here

Anyone else heard of gitshots? Shits funny af I just set it up for all my repos.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-06-29 at 5.03.27 PM.png (2384x1486, 3.75M)

I'm part of the "more than" group. They are hella hooking me up, but unfortunately the project they assigned me isn't exclusively focused on software engineering.

Tbh I wouldn't buy a macbook unless I worked for them and got a dank discount.

Yeah it's some lingo for data flow they use here, mb.

I'm open to learning what \w $ is. I'm guessing it's regex?

Making kids is a tempting idea.

My friends are having kids, my siblings all have kids, and I feel like my swimmers are at top performance rn. My dad had three kids by now, and it's why he didn't finish his associates degree.

I'm finishing school and going to work on a startup before settling down.

Attached: D-M9qy-XoAENnGQ.jpg_.jpg_large.jpg (1200x1091, 109K)

no its what he's saying you should set the PS1 environment variable to which is what is used to make the prompt. \w stands for the complete path to the current working directory. See linuxnix.com/linuxunix-shell-ps1-prompt-explained-in-detail/

>
>no its what he's saying you should set the PS1 environment variable to which is what is used to make the prompt. \w stands for the complete path to the current working directory. See linuxnix.com/linuxunix-shell-ps1-prompt-explained-in-detail/

Thanks bro. In the case of \w $, I see why people were recommending Pure now. I'll try it out.