WHY IS Jow Forums AGAINST UPDATING THEIR SOFTWARE? Jow Forums SEEMS TO HATE UPDATES!

>stays on old version of Firefox
>doesn't want to update their video player even when it has a vulnerability
>stays on uTorrent 2.2.1
>stays on Windows 7 even if it needs more work to make work on current hardware
>stays on Clover instead of using based Kuroba
>never updates his audio player because he thinks it might have something he doesn't like
>doesn't update his video driver because he thinks they will break his computer somehow.
>still uses Android 4.4.x and gets mad when new Android apps don't support his phone anymore
>uses old Thinkpads instead of new Thinkpads with way better battery life

Why is Jow Forums so full of luddites?

Attached: 1.jpg (852x480, 23K)

I never update Windows 10 and always update Opensuse.

Works for me.

Attached: wakarimasen.jpg (551x742, 279K)

Its not a professional thing to do.
When you have to work with big project where a lot people cooperated and one small change or delay could harm the final result you will understand.

Why would you risk to update any software if it is not absolutely necessary.

Everything you mentioned is superior to the more recent product due to being a botnet or having features that were removed in its successor versions.(for example disabling desktop composition can't be done on windows 8 and 10)

not*

>Jow Forums is a single person
sure is summer in here.

Because Mozilla keeps breaking addons I actually use in their newer ones.
meh
>stays on uTorrent 2.2.1
Because uTorrent turned into a bloated mess. qBittorrent is better though.
Privacy issues, Windows 10 updates have been a fucking pile of bullshit for over a year now, and Windows 7 is easy to activate.
I don't even know what those are, but you sound hella gay.

>never updates his audio player because he thinks it might have something he doesn't like
Sounds probable. On a long enough timeline every software is bloat.
>doesn't update his video driver because he thinks they will break his computer somehow.
What am I getting out of it? OH NEW BLOAT-- I MEAN FEATURES!
>still uses Android 4.4.x and gets mad when new Android apps don't support his phone anymore
I mean, if they'd patch my phone to the latest version I'd update, but that ship has sailed.
For an order of magnitude more money, what does it do that mine doesn't?

Define update. My mom is a crazy bitch which replaces perfectly good furniture, clothes, and other stuff because she needs something "new", which I guess functions as an update. Does this sound like an update to you? What does it achieve?

This is software, user. Nobody cares if you want to kill your mom.

Good point. Still think the analogy holds.

if it ain't broke-

>why do people do things that I just made up?

That's only winfags. They don't grow up and want to use the software they had when they were children

>>stays on old version of Firefox
>he doesn't know there's a huge nightly userbase on Jow Forums
>>doesn't want to update their video player even when it has a vulnerability
>everybody downloads from trusted torrent sites
>>stays on uTorrent 2.2.1
>disregarding every linux user
>>stays on Windows 7 even if it needs more work to make work on current hardware
>same as above
>>stays on Clover instead of using based Kuroba
>stoopid fone poster
>>never updates his audio player because he thinks it might have something he doesn't like
>enjoying bloatware
>>doesn't update his video driver because he thinks they will break his computer somehow.
>perfectly working hardware needs updates goy!! don't forget to check autoupdate without asking to keep the botnet running
>>still uses Android 4.4.x and gets mad when new Android apps don't support his phone anymore
>what is rooting/flashing
>>uses old Thinkpads instead of new Thinkpads with way better battery life
>I don't like battletested hardware
>Why is Jow Forums so full of luddites?
Because summer just arrived boyo. Put on your socks and start posting; because that's the only good you're to this board

Attached: is this real life.webm (800x502, 2.8M)

updates often do break shit and you're like a little rat running for placebo performance improvements, the newest bullshit "features" (>omg Pocket(TM) integration) and glossy buttons, guided by some commercial software vendor

yes, fatso, you're Edward Snowden, nsa and cia are actively implanting rootkits in your very important computer right now because you haven't updated foobar2000 and intel cpu microcodes of your wallmart hp netbook masturbation station.

>Put on your socks
>implying i even take them off

Local bank update software, wasting days of workers and millions dollar.
Dont fix it if it arent broke is the best advice ever
For winfags the only thing should be allow to update is Internet security software.
For Linux it is the LTS you should preferred and update only security and performance issues hot fixes

yes that's exactly why most people use Arch and make fun of Debian for having ancient packages

>breaking addons
Hasn't happened since FF53 and even then developers had TWO years to update their shit.

this
I am always bleeding edge and haven't seen broken addons for years

Nope
I update stuff like VLC
>stays on uTorrent 2.2.1
I dont even use that client anymore
Fuck 10, but I went over to linux instead after 7
Don't use that stuff
I use QMMP but I made it look like Winamp, nostalgia is a bitch for me in this area.
I got no problem updating that
I've never had a smart phone before and still use a flip phone does not apply
Don't have a Thinkpad either.

And banks usually use microsoft products... hmm...

also cant hear you over my fresh rolling release packages

Security. I've seen systems get hacked from the inside perspective, and 9 times out of 10 it's because people don't patch the shit.

my dear idiot shill.
I used to want to update when i was a young kid, made me feel good inside.
then i realize the truth
nowadays everything starts good..and then gets turned into a bloated mess by people who just want to shoehorn more and more spying and datamining.

at least with the old version we get to know how the datamining and spying works and disable it. with the newer and newer versions they make it impossible to detect and disable every datamining.

With the autoupdate of firefox that cant be disabled, they can pretty much put a virus on your computer and then release another update 5 minutes later that makes it like it never happened. they can pretty much do waht they want and play dump.

excuse me but i have important shit to do at work and im not going to jeopardize it with windows 10 and the new firefox that will fuck my shit and get me fired.

my job is important to me, do you understand?
i cant afford my computer restarting itself to install updates at the middle of my work with a tight deadline.

i also need my ram and resources, i will not tolerate windows using 2GB to take screenshots of my desktop every 5 seconds and trying to connect to like 200 microsoft sevrers.

and i will not tolerate firefox not letting me disable updates...and trying to do things without asking me.

fuck all of you. win7, waterfox masterrace.
pirate for life and torrent everything on an HDD before they kill all the good old tv shows.

>I've never had a smart phone before and still use a flip phone does not apply
>t. basement dweller shutin

that was cute and cheesy i like it

Should I follow it up with how you still spend time sitting to read emails?

>WHY IS Jow Forums AGAINST UPDATING THEIR SOFTWARE?
Because anything new makes them uneasy.
They can't cope with change.
It's a part of their condition.

Jow Forums is filled with /x/fags. /x/ thinks anything new is out to get them. They would rather use a bug ridden system that hasn't received security updates for years than update.

can you name 5 new features you received in your last update?

Attached: just.png (685x650, 47K)

no

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-06-29 19-52-15.png (654x477, 29K)

>Jow Forums doesn't like updates
Half of Jow Forums is running rolling release Distros
/thread

old shit is cool

enjoy your malware if you ever go onto the internet with windows 10... known vulnerabilities are a helluva thing

Attached: update.jpg (640x368, 35K)

Why would I update some software that gets worse after updating?

>firefox update break 99,9% of plugins in purpose
>utorrent introduces adware with update
>windows 10 is literally malware outside users control
>windows 10 updates literally break your graphics drivers by trying to install wrong version
>still uses android 4 because phones manufacturer hasn't literally released an update literally in years despite it being sold as flagship product originally

P L A N N E D O B S O L E S C E N S C E

Attached: 127644128911.jpg (800x529, 81K)

>he thinks all software gets worse after updating

Just use 3rd Security software on winblows and update only that
For Linucks it is OK to update because it less likely to damage your works.

Its really the microsofts fault for teaching to be scared of updates because everything gets fucked up every time

Autists dislike change especially rapid change. So ironically autists interested in technology can often be very backwards and stuck in the time frame in which their interest in technology became a manifestation of their autism. Stallman being stuck using 1970s era technology is a classic example.

Attached: Autism-Awareness-Blog-732x386-c-center.jpg (732x386, 47K)

Nah just poorfag.

Attached: CopyQ.xJRrzt.png (708x610, 123K)

updates often break things or change things to the point of being completely new software vs the understandable original, not comfy, understandable, vs bloated garbage and menu changes that create a new learning curve.
And worst case, the update completely breaks the program

>not using wsus offline to get security patches

Attached: 1481754463256.jpg (396x691, 62K)

Attached: 34034418_2018459621561987_4679201839168618496_n.jpg (625x625, 38K)

>disabling desktop composition
Why the fuck would you need to do that?

>Firefox
Use a supported version like ESR or Waterfox.

>video player
There's really no reason not to do this. Just use a good player in the first place if you're concerned about shit you don't like.

>complains about utorrent bloat
>uses qbittorrent

>windows 10
Werks on my machine.

>audio player
See video.

>video drivers
You clearly don't know how to properly install a driver.

>android
>not using third-party roms

>thinkpads
They do a lot more, user. Technology doesn't stand still.

Attached: 1539237186694.png (400x400, 13K)

>Dont fix it if it arent broke is the best advice ever
Then you end up with old systems riddled with known vulns and eventually a cryptolocker because those systems are broken even if you don't comprehend.
Professionals have backups, disaster recovery plan, rollback plan and enough redundancy to mitigate downtime in case an update fucks up something.

>update Firefox
>hogs even more RAM than before
>performs even slower
>fucks up the UI even more
>actually REMOVES features I've had previously
>have to be careful whether the new version is even compatible with all my addon versions
Why bother if 60 ESR is still displaying websites correctly?

What's wrong with Clover?

Attached: Screenshot_20190629-221539.jpg (1080x2340, 843K)

>less features than Kuroba
yeah

>he thinks fa/g/s don't do this
Welcome, summerfag.

Like what?

Like go read the Koruba github. I'm not retyping that long ass list for you.

I can't imagine being this retarded.

Software does improve over time. It's your fault for using shitty software in the first place.

Security-only updates are a thing, faggot.

>excuse me but i have important shit to do at work and im not going to jeopardize it with windows 10 and the new firefox that will fuck my shit and get me fired.
>i cant afford my computer restarting itself to install updates at the middle of my work with a tight deadline.
PEBKAC

>i will not tolerate windows using 2GB to take screenshots of my desktop every 5 seconds
Put your foil hat back on.

>firefox update break 99,9% of plugins in purpose
One update TEN versions ago. Most everything was already updated in preparation.
>windows 10 is literally malware outside users control
Adware, not necessarily malware.
>windows 10 updates literally break your graphics drivers by trying to install wrong version
Werks on my machine. A bug isn't a reason not to update, it's a reason to wait until the dust settles before applying an update.

mu epic gammering

If your gaymes can't work around it then your gaymes are shit.

I'm only against updates when the developers actively make their software worse.

Attached: 1496968467238.png (1000x669, 950K)

OP
>Uses Windows
>Uses uTorrent
>Uses mobile
>Uses Android
>Uses IME
>Thinks Jow Forums is a monolith
Opinion discarded.

Attached: flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg (1000x584, 84K)

>things we know about exist

Imagine being this retarded

Because newer isn't always better.

>I abandoned firefox for Iridium and Pale Moon.
>I update my video player
>I use Deluge, and update it.
>I abandoned Windows for Linux Mint, and update it regularly
>I don't use Clover or Kuroba, as I don't use my phone to post here.
>I update my drivers
>I don't use Android
>I use Elitebooks, and would rather pay the ~$20 for a new battery than an extra $2k for a brand new system.

poor fucking guy...

It was literally a bug 2 months ago.

Why update if it ain't broke?

>fixed in less than a day
Wew.

Well if your bank hired competent people of non-pajeet ancestry unlike you, they might have a chance.

if its not broken dont fix it

long time ago I updated my android phone to a newer version of android and several features that were there before were gone, also happened with some app. Such restrictions with version of software happen quite often and I dont like it

Oh remember how long time ago in firefox if you enter the url and click go button (there used to be one) it would send a request, and you could click it as many times as you want it would continue sending requests to load a page, it wasnt particularly useful but had a calming effect, and in those days when internet was slow it did somehow made pages load faster than just clicking one, and fucking faggots cocksuckers at pozzila, made so you can only click once and wait for response from web page, fuck those cunts

It still broke addons and was annoying as fuck.

Literally no one still uses utorrent 2.2.1 or otherwise.

It’s just one troll shilling for fun to make people mad. Same guy pretends qbitorrent stalls torrents.

No, it took them a week.

One day for a workaround, one week for the full fix.

ff quantum nuked a bunch of add-ons and made it impossible to rewrite them because they were desperate to become a third rate chrome clone.
Soon they'll fall for manifest 3 to continue their myopic quest to be "compatible" with the botnet so enjoy updating for those sweet sweet malware injecting ads you can't block anymore.

you had to do the workaround manually and could not install new addons from mozilla's website until it was fixed.

No, they did it because XUL addons were insecure and would break anyways thanks to the engine revamp.

because:
>changelog:
>added localization for 3rd world language that only 30 people are going to use
>fixed this very obscure bug that would cause the first letter to be 3px bigger when launching the app with exactly 34% battery and during full moon
>updated the 'about' information
>dropped the support for x devices
>added a patreon link
>54mb
also fuck devs who don't provide meaningful changelogs like "bugfixes/optimizations", so pretty much 90% devs on android. they can suck my dick, i'm not going to update unless i know that i'll benefit from new features.

Oh no, not a vulnerability in my video player! Hackers will get all my monies now!

Attached: IMG_2087.jpg (1024x996, 107K)

Because updates remove features and introduce bugs.

It's a(borted)

I don't use FF. Also they keep making it worse so I don't blame people for not updating.
My video player is up to date.
>stays on uTorrent 2.2.1
I don't even use that.
Not a windows user. Also don't blame people for not using Botnet 10.
Nothing relating to 4chins gets installed on my phone ever.
My audio player is up to date.
My video driver is up to date.
My phone is up to date.
Laptops a shit.

>>stays on old version of Firefox
We use Brave or IceCat mostly.
>>doesn't want to update their video player even when it has a vulnerability
I update mpv whenever there is one.
>>stays on uTorrent 2.2.1
I moved to Transmission.
>>stays on Windows 7 even if it needs more work to make work on current hardware
I can just use Linux.
>>stays on Clover instead of using based Kuroba
Clover is better.
>>never updates his audio player because he thinks it might have something he doesn't like
This happened once.
>>doesn't update his video driver because he thinks they will break his computer somehow.
This is true for Windows 10.
>>still uses Android 4.4.x and gets mad when new Android apps don't support his phone anymore
But we use 8
>>uses old Thinkpads instead of new Thinkpads with way better battery life
But they suck.

utorrent 2.2.1 has everything I need and I have some loaded torrents dating back to 2012 so I don't wanna switch
also disabled webui so I don't really care

Because updates aren't secure.

wrong, i use debian sid

Don't update if it works

Kinda on topic and I'm really bad at computer stuff and need help, does Windows 10 version 1903 format/wipe my pc???

Can anyone tell me how to unfuck my Intel CPU in my Dell XPS? It worked great when new, but now all the updates to counter the various vulnerabilities have made this machine nearly useless, fan running even when idle. Total bullshit.

>intcel processor
You could try to uninstall the updates and run your system with flagrant security holes. Alternatively

C O P E
O
P
E

cuz that shit ain't going away

name an update that wasn't worse than the old version

Kuroba

Virtually every Jow Forumsentooman is on the spectrum.

xorg breaks