Why don't European have dual voltage sockets?

Attached: 1557127683994.jpg (440x296, 30K)

We do.
They are for 400V. Where you have 3 phases of 230V.

Why would we need 120 volt? Unlike you, we don't have shitty legacy hardware that uses that.

they would be useless, only japan and third world countries use 120V

Attached: 800px-Map_of_the_world_coloured_by_voltage_and_frequency.png (800x575, 104K)

voltlets, when will they learn?

Because we're not voltlets.

us standard is from 1880, europe got to decide on standards in the late 1940s when they were rebuilding from like the 6th time they decided to go to war with themselves

And this is how the sockets look like.

Attached: uj-ipari-termikus-csatlakozo-tabla-haromfazisu_41476516376.jpg (600x494, 45K)

>Pic related
This must be new standard in US. Every room should have at least one 240V outlet

i work near venice, and if i'm not mistaken some areas have 230v phase to phase instead of phase - neutral like the rest of italy, i'm not totally sure

Why are Americans so oblivious about the rest of the world?
fpbp
/thread

>dual 120/240V soclet vs 400V socchad

>240 volt
that's 2 120 volts, that red is not 240volts
fucking retarded electricians, jesus christ.

They are unnecessary here. We got 230V in our basic socket, that's plenty to power any household appliance. And when we need more power, we got 400V three phase outlets.

>industrial plug

Attached: .png (889x803, 116K)

the top socket is 240, not the red hot line
perhaps you should know what you're talking about before you open your mouth

Were you expecting an American to know what 'a phase shifted' line is? Really?

Attached: .png (1217x983, 390K)

I'm aware, it is 2x 120volt plugs, retard, not a 240v line as labeled.
perhaps you should learn how the fucking socket works before opening your mouth?

Europeans are so stupid. All americans have 120v and 240v in their home. My washer dryer refridgerator dishwasher and stove are not plugged into 120v

>3 phases of 230V
lmao, no.

google "Drehstrom"

Some countries do. I used to have to design crane electrics to work with 230V 3 phase, we used autotransformers to bring it up.

Not that, but centre-tap is safer

Americans are so stupid. All Europeans have 230v and 400v in their home. My dryer and stove are not plugged into 230v.

>implying Europeans want pussy voltage

you qouted the wrong part of the post. 3 phases of 230V each is correct, but that sums up to 380V - not 400V.

Amazing bro im sure your stoves and dryers run circles around ours

It is, stupid. There is no neutral on a 3-phase system, they are all phase shifted, and you only use the neutral when you want to get 230v, which can be pulled from any of the 3 phases available.
American """education""".

in huelandia, thirdworld shithole, it's kinda optional. It's just that 120v (110/127) is kinda more common, but it's to easy to find two options for most appliances really, it depends more on your house infrastructure than anything else. My own example is the microwave, freezer and fridge are 220v, all of the other sockets are 120v.

i'm actually baffled for why bivolt products aren't a thing anymore. I swear they used to be the norm before 2010, but for instance, i'm looking to get a circular saw that is 220v only, but I'd have to make a 220v extension just for it (or keep using one the occupied plugs I mentioned, which sounds like a hassle), or get one inferior product that comes in both options.

No we don't. 380 isn't that common in homes.

It is, stupid. There is no neutral on a 3-phase system, they are all phase shifted, and you only use the neutral when you want to get 230v, which can be pulled from any of the 3 phases available.

>more Wattage available is bad for heating things

Literally every 1st world house us required to have it. In what shithole are you in?

The Netherlands, all washers/heaters work on 230V.

Google delta-wye transformer to see how 230 V is created. There literally isn't 230 V anywhere in a 3-phase 400 V system.

>Japan
Imagine being so retarded that you got two different systems even within your own country

yeah there is, between phase and ground

The sockets/cables are supplied with a Neutral wire & Ground wire.

>(Male)

You're running inductions stoves from 230V?

Thank god my house is wired for 400v. It's going to make the switch to electric cars in the coming decade so much convenient.

I thought all would, but it seems it's only a subset. Most of those seem to run on 2 phase.
Most are just gas though.

Don't worry. Unless the entire electrical grid is locally upgraded across Europa, electric cars are still far from mass adaptation.

Tokyo bought german equipment, Osaka bought american. It didn't matter at first as the grids were separate and far away.

EUROPOORS BTFO

Attached: europoors.gif (498x488, 665K)

Nothing else matters

Well not really.
Neutral is the substation's / transformer's ground, green/yellow wire is local ground. Also in Y configuration of transformer the Y point is grounded and considered 0 potential, therefore neutral. AFAIK most of 20/0.4kV transformers are DYN5 or whatever in D-Y config so yeah there is neutral in 3-phase system.

I think those are for outdoor use?
We have these for indoors, like in the kitchen for an electric oven.

Attached: 8495dd6b74c140cb6fe974cb0257486e.jpg (840x473, 29K)

But they do

Again, not here.

The vast majority of Dutch people still cook on natural gas.
You generally only see induction stoves in newer homes here, and I think nearly all of them use 400V.

Shit will probably change in the next 10 years, as the government wants us to use less natural gas because extracting it is causing earthquakes and we don't want to import from the evil Russians.
But I'm sure that will just mean upgrading the electricity grid, we're not going to stick with old crap if upgrading is better.

Not new in the slightest, just uncommon. I've only ever seen them in a restaurant I used to work at

>230V each is correct, but that sums up to 380V - not 400V.

According to Wikipedia 230V adds up to 400V and 220V adds up to 380V.

Furthermore 230V/400V is the standard in Europe.
We used to have 220V/380V here but they simply raised it to 230V/400V which apparently doesn't cause any problems (I guess no equipment is that picky)

Who gives a shit lol.

And maybe in 30 years time when all your equipment has been replaced you can finally get rid of 120V

You illiterate dumb fucks nothing sums up, the phase angle is 60 degrees, 400V divided by sqrt(3) = 230 is the fucking formula you dumb IT pieces of shit.

Thank for explaining, my minimum wage tradesman.

>And this is how the sockets look like.
why do people talk like this
shouldent it be
>And this is how the sockets look.

I bet your boss is H1B

Attached: wagecucks.jpg (997x900, 437K)

maybe if you knew that it's 120 degress (360/3) you wouldn't be unemployed

Only if you knew vectors.

Attached: dy.gif (212x220, 2K)

>Comparing engineers to generic programmers
Wew.

Read the title. Entry positions / asistants.
Cope.

That doesn't change my statement. Also, not a programmer by the way.

Oh shit nigga, you got BTFO.

Attached: TroFU.jpg (1800x1012, 173K)

No idea, I've only seen people having those giant ones around here. Could be a regional or a countryside thing where I live.

owo mmmm t-that's a big plug daddy senpai kun :3

Attached: Screenshot 2019-06-19 at 00.28.00.png (1582x476, 586K)

>telling an electric engineer that there is no 230v in 400c 3p
imagine being this retarded

>What is not being a native English speaker?

europoors dont need no pussy voltage, we get proper 3 phase w/ 16 amps, allowing for 11kw in every household

You're not "an electric engineer", you're a faggot. Maybe you should look into transformers to not sound like a retard.

>American AC current standard is from 1880
AC current systems weren't ever in existence in 1880; Tesla created that in the early 1910's to compete with Edison using 36 V DC to power homes.

Why waste the effort putting in 120v?

>code monkey
vs
>pole monkey

>my name is user and im fucking retarded
good day to (you)

Attached: drehstrom.png (220x218, 3K)

>Tesla created that in the early 1910's to compete with Edison using 36 V DC to power homes.
wtf? elon musk doesn't look that old bro

Anything you can do, we can do better because each of our phases is double yours.

>European comes to the US
>Implements 120 VAC
>Goes crazy before dying
>AC power somehow reaches Europe and improves drastically
America's fault for not listening to the inventor.

Do you realize that the "Erdleiter (N)" wire doesn't even need to exist? And you can literally choose where the star point is. You get 230 V if you put a transformer that creates it. But I guess they don't teach you that in high school.

It's called reverse aging.
Tesla invented it in 1929 but the economic meltdown delayed the public release indefinitely.
Now Musk claims it's bad for the environment if people lived forever.

Attached: f482d79242b14aed9b97638a54b32ce3_1cf1e6bb3f5b48538c98a3a022f84a00_header.jpg (1150x571, 65K)

A failure.

>shouldent it be
Pajeet I...

oh shut up. im not a shitskin, and im probably whiter then you [spoiler] and cuter

>whiter then you
>then
You shouldn't be a grammar nazi when you actually having issues with the language itself.

Attached: then-vs-than-1-2.jpg (1200x628, 76K)

Too busy getting impregnated by the superior black man

Attached: 18894791.gif (300x168, 345K)