An end of an era

F

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-29 Mitsubishi's Verbatim, Known for CD, DVD and BD Optical Media, Sold to CM (718x670, 539K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.co.jp/s?k=bd-r
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

what's CMC Magnetics?

>Memorex, Philips, TDK, Maxell

so they now have a monopoly?

yes

>anton shilov

so?

>shilov

he's got a weird name, who gives a shit?

where's your sense of humor

>mommy there are shills under my bed
Shilo means "stitching awl" in Russian.

>in Russian

Attached: 1532393542333.jpg (267x323, 7K)

100% Russian name and surname.

Are you American and not used to seeing foreign names?
It's clearly a Slavic name. Nothing odd about it.

>russian
>shill
pure cohencidence

Okay, so in a thread for pressing F for a CD brand you bring up:
a) Russians
b) Shills
c) Jews
it's time to stop posting

why can't you fags not take the bait for once in your lives?

Holy shit, based Verbatim is gone? I always used the DVDR+DL for 360 games, they were pure quality. It's going to be cheapo dogshit from now I think.

RIP

lol, verbatim bd-r are made by cmc after all.

hey! they started it :^)

I've bought verbatim for like the last half decade and they've always said CMC in the IDs. Probably nothing is going to change.

>Only having them for optical media
Bitch please

Attached: ver.jpg (225x225, 9K)

amazon.co.jp/s?k=bd-r

mitsubishi verbatim bd-r is top seller on amazon and it is one of the cheapest.
made by cmc.
now it can be cheaper i guess.
i have hundreds of their bd-r and errors are low.

F

It's probably still going to be around, it's just that Mitsubishi won't be involved. It's like IBM selling the keyboard division to Unicomp.

(((shilov)))

What does this mean? Are they going to get cheaper/more expensive and decrease in quality? Increase in quality? Verbatim is a name that I trust with my backups and CDs, I don't want this to change.

My experience with those brands is as follows:
>Memorex
Absolute shit everything
>PDO/PDM
All my commercially pressed PDO discs have rotted away. Pure chrome PDM tapes (VHS and cassette) are some of the best I've used, the rest of them are meh.
>TDK
Very meh overall, TDK D cassettes were alright for being the cheapest shit you could buy, never cared for their Super Avilyn stuff. I used their high end VHS-C tapes for a while, they were pretty good.
>Maxell
All their tapes were excellent, though I don't swear by the XL-IIs as much as most audiophools do.

So what should we expect from this buyout? I've been using Verbatim media for years and it's probably the best value for the money to this day. Is this going to change? I hope they don't go full PDO.

Literally just bought a pack of verbatim CD-Rs for saturn games, RIP

I've used Philips blank CDs, bought a 50pack and they were pretty good. Better than Sony, or at least more reliable according to reviews.

>TDK
The WORST discs out there. BY FAR.

Never bought blank media from them. All I know is all my PDO pressed laserdiscs are rotted to hell and back, while the rest of them are doing perfectly fine. That was enough to make me never trust Philips with my data, at least in the optical domain.

it's in the fridge

What's good about optical media at this point?

>Backups
They wont get fucked up by a magnet, and can last 1000 years if it's an MDisc.

>Quality
For movies bluray is just better, CDs are still great for music. Anything is better than streaming.

>Actually owning what you own
It might be hard for you to imagine but you can keep your own data on your computer, rather than someone elses (ie the cloud). You also don't need to stream everything which you're at the mercy of something like Netflix.

you're a special kind of fucking retarded, aren't you, zoomer cancer?

>mfw I still find spindles of 50 or 100 dvd-r or cd-r at thrift stores for $5 or less.

Attached: 2098546-groove_pointing.png (480x360, 81K)

Ouch, that's gonna hurt but I suppose as long as CMC doesn't actually take over the manufacturing and keeps the Verbatim plant(s) up and running without fucking things up it'll be OK.

Verbatim is the only brand I trust anymore since Taiyo Yuden stuff is relatively hard to come by in good quantities. And since I only use M-Disc media anymore that's all produced by Verbatim anyway.

Dammit... guess I need to stock up on Verbatim AZZO media quick before it all disappears.