/pcbg/ - PC Building General

ATTENTION: The Navi RX 5700XT and RX 5700 will launch alongside Ryzen 3000 series CPUs with PCIe 4.0 on 7/7/2019. Nvidia is releasing a SUPER series with slightly increased specs over the original 20 series. Pricing is looking high. More info on the SUPER series possible on 7/2.

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600 - Good gaming CPU with great value
>R7 1700X - Budget rendering
>For extreme performance in FPS, rendering, or multicore workloads, wait for benchmarks on 7/7.

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>RX 570 8GB - good performance with great value
>GTX 1660 - standard
>RTX 2060 - high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
1440p
>Wait for benchmarks on 7/7
2160p (4K)
>Wait for benchmarks on 7/7
>RTX 2080Ti - best fit for 4K but expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>Don't bother buying a new monitor for gaming unless it's high refresh with adaptive sync
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless

Previous:

Attached: 1484348845011.png (1336x1336, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.ca/p/N82E16813144257
pcpartpicker.com/list/d2LyJ8
pcpartpicker.com/list/d8BLtg
pcpartpicker.com/list/TVxf3b
newegg.com/p/2AM-00A2-00010
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Wow you actually bought Intel in 2019. I'm sorry.
But anyway, the issue is likely the SSD or RAM.

grow up retard

dont grow up, live the amd life bud

how does SOC Voltage and GFX Voltage work on the Gigabyte B450m DS3H

I tried swapping the SSD's and I still had the same issue, will try using my old RAM

bump

>But since you just bought a CPU last gen
It's not about me being a cheap fuck and not wanting to buy hardware. I'm only asking if getting a 3700X for 350€ or so and selling my current 2600 for 100€ or so would be a good idea.

Attached: 1561834371652.jpg (263x263, 17K)

How safe is it to use vega 64 bios on vega 56.
I have heard some people reporting how they degraded/destroyed their memory with the higher voltage. And considering the VRM has to deal with higher voltages than what the card was built for I have concerns.

>wait for 5700 they said

Attached: AMDRadeonRX5700andNVIDIAGeForceRTX2070SUPERGPUBenchmarks.png (968x748, 55K)

Too hard to say until we get some full reviews coming through but the early rumoured returns seem good but that's mainly for the 3600 and LN cooled 39xx CPUs

Isn't it the Samsung ones that can handle it?

can they though?
Can the VRM provide a stable quality voltage at a higher rating with no problems?

Does anyone know if a given mobo that actually delivers a SOC voltage higher than what is set on bios, will it necessarily also measure that voltage wrong?

Attached: 0_gdkCxT_400x400.png (240x240, 71K)

>Leaving out the radeon 7 and vega 56
shame on you

Attached: here is your AMD card bro.jpg (1223x753, 183K)

reminder that the 1660 is the godcard

Yes it can deliver higher voltage than shown.
Easiest example is voltage spikes when coming off 100% load into 0% load.
The spike is very big and very short so software usually doesn't even catch it. Only hardware measuring will get those.

What will availability be like?
Will AMD pull a VEGA on us and make it unavailable for MSRP for months after release?

Attached: 1542327151466.png (796x1060, 407K)

here's your new chipset bro
newegg.ca/p/N82E16813144257

Attached: 1516476937634.jpg (933x1024, 197K)

BUY A 1660

Carrying on the 2080ti/RTX discussion.

#
Not buying it for RT, I'd be getting it for the general performance. RT is still a meme IMO, hence my comment about RT staying for good regardless of whether we want it or not.
#
Same.
#
Forget about the RT aspect then and let me rephrase. RT is dogshit right NOW but do you think the 2080ti will become outdated faster than say the 980ti or 1080ti due to the adoption of the new tech? It's still the highest performing consumer GPU but will Nvidia ditch it when the next gen is released with what I assume is better RT implementation?

Attached: index(9).jpg (1200x627, 222K)

Not known at this stage, pre orders don't even start until next week

I have enough shekels for the 3600 but not the 3700x. I have 1 week to scrounge up an extra $100-150 to get a Mobo+nvme+CPU from my microcenter on 7/7

pcpartpicker.com/list/d2LyJ8
My first AMD CPU build, nothing too intense, r8 it.
Also can I please get some case recs? Preferabbly one that lets me mount two intake fans (or one if it has good front ventilation). I fucking suck at finding a good case.

i'll change dynamic soc from auto to +0mv offset, and leave gfx voltage at 1.15v, and see if it works
im overclocking the ryzen igpu

Reminder to avoid AMD

Attached: 1561803566913.jpg (719x568, 152K)

So if I wanted good performance at 1080p gaming for the next few years, would a 2060 and a 3600x possibly work? Or am I looking at a different combination? I know 3600x benchmarks aren't out yet, but I assume it will be good for gaming.

Attached: sleepy snek.gif (500x280, 1.3M)

wait FOR BENCHMARKS!!!!!

goddamn this is fucked, ram is set to 1.38v on bios

Attached: untitled.jpg (561x387, 94K)

Probably, but wait for reviews.
Probably low availability the first 3 weeks then fine after that. Hard to say.

The perf/$ of RTX cards is hilariously bad because supposedly raytracing that it can't run well is worth an extra 30% premium.
You shouldn't buy the 2080Ti for ray tracing, and if you aren't buying it for ray tracing it's also a terrible value.
>do you think the 2080ti will become outdated faster than say the 980ti or 1080ti due to the adoption of the new tech
No because finally, after TEN FUCKING YEARS, Nvidia finally has proper Vulkan and DX12 support with Turing. It's just a shame they didn't make a GTX 2080Ti for $700. They probably would have sold twice as many of them, if not three times as many.

based rx 5700 better than the Radeon VII for only $380.

Yes. But I wouldn't buy 3060 unless you get one of those

Is a used 1080ti for 415€ good value? I'll be using it on a 1440p 144hz monitor

> It's just a shame they didn't make a GTX 2080Ti for $700. They probably would have sold twice as many of them, if not three times as many.
agreed
im never spending

>XV Official Benchmark
Might as well put random numbers on notepad and call it a day

>based rx 5700 better than the Radeon VII for only $380.
>only
What a fucking shill. RVII was always trash. You've been crying about Nvidia's price gouging for the past year but now when your pet company does it, you praise them with the most see through of marketing tactics
>it can be all yours for ONLY $379 plus applicable taxes and shipping. buy now!

Has someone got the monitor buying guide graph on hand? Looking to upgrade to a 1440p/144hz/

Yes. Depends on where you live but they generally go for about €500.

>low availability the first 3 weeks
I don't see there being any prince reduction after the first weeks after release, so if the reviews are good and the 3700X ends up being decent, should I buy it straight away or hold off on buying one?
Is there any downside to buying a CPU from the beginning production batches?

Attached: 1542455943543.jpg (1080x720, 114K)

Attached: +_fce6f544c861a26c97bbe795ed7f7c58.jpg (331x331, 52K)

Yeah, the pricing is absurd but that's just the way it is I guess. I really regret not getting a 1080ti when they were on sale, I had a 1070 which I was pleased with and felt the 1080ti would be overkill for my needs but here I am, contemplating a 2080ti...sure, there are pre-owned 1080ti's but it feelsbadman.jpg paying 60% of a spanking new 2080ti for a pre-owned card of the previous generation even though it would probably be fine for the next couple of years.

pcpartpicker.com/list/d8BLtg
Any suggestions for my overkill desktop? This thing is meant to do literally everything decently(gaming, streaming, compiling code, encoding video, rendering graphics pet projects, and occasionally hosting a personal server) and it needs to last at least 8 years like my last one did.

>Is there any downside to buying a CPU from the beginning production batches?
Of course. Getting the first batch of anything whether it's a CPU, car, console or whatever is never a good idea if you're worried about initial issues. If you're not in absolute need of a new CPU I'd recommend waiting at least a week and see if people are having any issues.

I'm torn between
- ASUS X470 Prime
and
- b450 Pro Carbon AC

I heard the Prime has slightly better cooling, but is the £50 price difference justified?
I dont intend to overclock or use lighting, but i want plenty of slots.

>MFW I recommended my friend an RX 570
>in GPU intensive games his performance has nearly upgraded three fold
>In Cpu intesive games shit the bed as he's still running a FX 6300
I've just convinced him to get an old i5 4670k 16gb of ram and Z97 Motherboard my friend is selling for £225 including a spare 2gb r9 270x

I feel like a bad friend tbqhwy

Attached: 2dd.jpg (600x882, 71K)

You are a bad friend. That's a terrible purchase

What should I have recommended user? He's a fairly impatient man.

I assume you're planning on replacing the GPU down the line? If not, why not get the 2080Ti? Kraken X52 is also a bit small especially for such a high end CPU so go for the X62 or even the X72 if you can fit it.

At least you didn't tell him to buy a Ryzen

I also say my friend, it's his friend from uni, thing is I managed to grab From a canadian user) a i7 3770 a high end motherboard and 12gb of ram for £150 so it feels like I'm getting ripped off honestly. but as he's flipping an old case, his old GPU (GTX 670) the card that comes in with the purchase (R9 270x) the FX 6300 and motherboard with it's ram it comes down to about £75.

>1080ti for 415€
yes. Don't get one that only has a few months of warranty left
alright. thanks for the advice, user. Have a good one!

>MFW I'm planning on getting a R5 3600 near enough to launch.

Attached: 1527800414266.png (349x491, 203K)

Reminder

Intel i7 + Nvidia RTX = Master Race

It doesn't get more comfy than knowing you spent your money on the best performing parts with the best features. I guess if you don't have any money you could buy AMD + Nvidia though, if you are considering going AMD + AMD maybe you should check into some 12 step program or homeless shelter though

R5 2600 (or 1600) + B450 + 2x 8GB RAM. Anything else is throwing money down the drain.

Actually excellent shout.

I was considering getting a Ti, but wasn't sure if I needed it for only one monitor. Originally I was thinking of getting two monitors(one for gaming, one for media), but my computer desk is barely big enough for the one. The only other concerns I have is about the mobo and case. Would it be worth it to upgrade from the x470 ultra to the x570, and if I do would I need a bigger case for better airflow/bigger cooler?

>based rx 5700 better than the Radeon VII for only $380.
not an achivement considering radeon 7 is the WORST card in terms of price to performance for gaming.

I have a Lenovo 510A 15icb, looking to upgrade the graphics card from an intel uhd 630 to something a little better.

Anybody have any recommendations? looking at maybe a geforce gtx 750 but i just wanna make sure whatever i get should fit in my tower case?

Attached: My tower.png (2000x1126, 87K)

How do you think compatibility will be like with a B450 board with Ryzen 3000 user? Might try and get him to wait for the Ryzen 3600 to drop.

If only AIB uses reference design & components I believe

What CPU, purpose for graphics card?

Anyone recommend me a better case with better airflow + best fit for my h100i pro please.

Attached: New PC.png (1465x813, 94K)

All B450s are compatible with the Ryzen 3000 series. If he only has a 570 and he's looking for budget, an R5 2600 is a better deal. 60+FPS in every game. The R3000 CPUs are for people who are building rigs for high FPS

right there with you i couldnt shell out 500 for 1080 ti when it was going out of stock now im stuck with RTX or bust what sucks is the 11gb on the ti is prob worth more than even a new 2080

Is there any benefit to tempered glass? Doesn't it ultimately make air flow worse?

Attached: 1561829686694.jpg (663x737, 131K)

True but if it's only a week away and it's going to be a fairly similar price to the R5 2600 the same price in the UK (aprox £150-160 vs £125) wouldn't you say it's worth the wait?
And by compatibility I mean how many Motherboards do you think will have flashed bios'?

Can you take the side panel off and give us a picture?
It looks like that has an x16 PCIe slot and is full sized, but doing an image search for it seems to show some weird cage on the front side and I'm wondering if there will be any clearance issues.

A GTX 750 Ti (make sure to get one that does NOT need 6-pin power) or a GTX 1030 would be your options if there are no clearance issues.

Attached: satorin.jpg (400x400, 59K)

RVII was close to 2080 perf for $100 cheaper.
I don't care what your special youtuber outlier says with it being worse than 2070 when even Vega 64 is only 4% below the 2070.

Yes. Side panel cooling is really good.

>wouldn't you say it's worth the wait?
Quite possibly, nothing wrong with getting an R5 3600. I'm just saying that an RX 570 will be the limiting factor with either CPU in most games.

BIOS versions, if you get an MSI B450 you can update the BIOS without a CPU installed.

guess pulse is out then. It has half the VRM components so they will heat up more for sure and it's not doubt to load up the controller more than usual.

>recc'ing pre-X570 boards
Enjoy your Chimera.

Tis something to think about user Thanks!
just wish the UK prices were confirmed so that I could make my decision a lot quicker for my mate because he's the type that wants something done sooner than later.

>RVII was close to 2080 perf for $100 cheaper.
While being so loud that it negatively impacts a gaming experience, even with headphones. Anyway your performance beliefs are generous, which isn't surprising because you're an AMD cock goblin.

Doesn't change the fact that the 5700 should be

Attached: sinking city gpu.png (720x857, 51K)

>he will ever reccomend anything other than AMD, no matter what happens
optimistic aren't we

Attached: gpu value.jpg (1624x2492, 427K)

but amd needs profit too! Muh R&D costs, it's your fault anyway!

Anybody else holding out for the Louqe case? It looks pretty slick, and I'm already using itx myself. Only curiosity is about cooling. I've never really considered a liquid cooler, but I can't really picture a good air cooled system there

The 2080 won't last you 8 years so I'm not sure about your needs. If you don't plan on getting the highest tier then why not get something cheaper and upgrade in a few years? There is no point in getting a X570 board.

The Ghost? Just get a Noctua NH-L9 or NH-L12 (not sure if both will fit) and a solid air cooled GPU, it's an open case design so it will just let all the hot air out of the case anyway. I also considered the Ghost but was put off by its pretty steep price tag but also the fact that it lacks any form of dust protection or noise reduction. Ended up getting a NZXT H200 instead. It's of course quite a bit larger but still relatively small compared to towers while still having proper cooling options etc.

Fair enough. That just leaves the case then.

>4600 MHz RAM supported
>2400 is nowhere to be seen
t-they didn't btfo 2400mhz already, did they?

>turning fan up to 100% makes cards loud
wow no way. You and the other shills are the reason AMD had to add a fan speed limit.
You're also the reason we won't get +50% power limit OCs anymore because you faggots play it off as if that's stock power consumption.
Kill yourselves.

>needs to last 8 years
There's no reason why a component wouldn't fail 1 week after the warranty ends.
8GB of VRAM certainly isn't going to last you 8 years, either.
3-4GB was midrange 8 years ago, and it fell off years ago. 8GB started being the norm like 4 or 5 years ago on midrange or high end cards. 8GB is midrange at best now.

/facepalm

please put a trip on so people can filer you.

that's what the zen 2 memory controller supports, motherboards have little to do with supported ram speed

please put a trip on so people can filter you.

What is the minimum GPU needed to drive 1440p @ 27" 60+ fps

Vega 56, an extremely beast card that completely murders the 1660 Ti and 2060.

Vega 56 or 1070Ti.

>tfw comfy 1080p60 for the next decade
glad I can dab on you 144hz/1440p niggers

Any draw backs to vega 56?
I see people tell about unnerving and a bunch of other stuff but is it necessary?

what the other two said
however, be wary of Vega anything, they can fuck up your entire system because when they decide they don't want to work well, they want everything else to not work well too

It requires you to not be a brainlet and to tweak the card via undervolting and overclocking. If you can't do that, then the 1660 Ti is the it-just-werkz card of choice.

>tweak the card via undervolting and overclocking
can I get a quick rundown, dont want my shit to asplode

The fan has to run at full blast because the card is a housefire AT STOCK

>v56
>murdering the 2060
Yeah nah, retard.

Power consumption, lack of optimization focus because there are so few of the cards in the wild

Attached: muh 6GB.png (733x222, 29K)

Noob here, should I buy a motherboard with built in wifi or a motherboard without wifi and a separate wifi card? What are the advantages or disadvantages of either one? I don't plan on using a hard wired ethernet cable (or should I)?

>You're also the reason we won't get +50% power limit OCs anymore because you faggots play it off as if that's stock power consumption.
This is so retarded it's funny. You do realize that a 50% power limit on an RVII would be over 400W, right? Two 8-pins can't even supply that

Attached: power_average.png (500x770, 47K)

budget: around 900usd
currency: mxn :(

PCPartPicker Part List: pcpartpicker.com/list/TVxf3b

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($179.79 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI - B450-A PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard ($79.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($74.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung - 860 Evo 250 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($56.86 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($43.81 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1660 6 GB OC Video Card ($229.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower Case ($48.89 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply ($74.99 @ Corsair)
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $889.30
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-06-29 21:21 EDT-0400
monitor: Acer V226HQL Full HD 1080p 60Hz 5ms

uses: regular gaming and occasionally photo or video editing
I'm aiming at a somewhat high performance stuff to futureproof this

Attached: 1557414107495.jpg (724x407, 46K)

Uses between 5 and 65 watts more than the 2060 depending on BIOS setting, but is cheaper and has more VRAM.
>I see people tell about unnerving and a bunch of other stuff but is it necessary?
They're trolling.
You mean undervolting?
No it's not necessary. It's a form of overclocking. You can get the card to perform close to a 1080 that way and have lower power consumption, but it takes time to figure out and tweak. It's good value as it is stock.

Are you trying to claim that no one has spammed Jow Forums with a picture of a hard modded and overclocked Vega 56 pulling almost 500W and that they didn't claim that was what they normally/always pull? For months? Literally hundreds of times? You know Jow Forums archives exist, right?
>Two 8-pins can't even supply that
You're wrong and retarded, as usual. Spec does not indicate the maximum they can actually supply

why the hell is that crazy ram voltage? it's set to 1.38v in bios.

Attached: untitled.jpg (561x387, 94K)

>250GB
>future proof
Some games are over 130GB and growing. You can't even install 2 of them on that.
$230 is a lot to pay for a 1660. Haven't 1660Tis been on sale for that price?
Don't pay retail for Windows. You can get a grey market key for $5-$10. You can put $40 of that savings toward a 1TB SSD and still have $50 saved.
Do you need the 2600X? 3600 is coming out in a week and looks to be A LOT faster for $20 more. That, or save money and get the 2600.

>Gigabyte board
That's probably the problem, though I'm not sure. They overvolt stuff a lot.

What are your thoughts on mini towers? After using a mid for years I've come to dislike how much space it takes up and how heavy it is and I can't realy justify having it anymore when I only have two hard drives and a single gpu.
How's this look? Seems simple and nice enough.
newegg.com/p/2AM-00A2-00010

I have a 4690k what's a good upgrade over this